• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What's your favorite location in Sinnoh?

Years
My favorite route would be route 216/217 because it has my favorite route theme and the snow reminds of my hometown during Winter.

My favorite city is Eterna City, I really like the old timey feel and it houses my favorite Sinnoh gym leader. (Gardenia)

What's your favorite Sinnoh location and why?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
This is a tough one...

I really like the snowy part of Mt. Coronet but if I were to pick a snowy area it would be Snowpoint City because of the music and the diamond dust. The revamped Stark Mountain exterior is cool too.

Overall I think I'll probably go with Snowpoint City and Resort Area - the latter also has solid music, a nice overall look and your own villa which is great (I only count Platinum most of the time when judging Gen IV because it was such an upgrade).

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
Eterna Forest, really like the theme and the mansion which is located to the north is just so mysterious.

Other would be Canalave City with it's Inn and Fullmoon Island. I really like such locations. :)

blue

gucci
Years
Canalave City since it has a really calm atmosphere about it. It's a pretty small City but I love the layout, it has the library, nice music and it's tucked away.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
This is such a tough one! I feel like Sinnoh is full to the brim with memorable and brilliant locations. It's hard to think of just one to single out to be my favourite.

I'm gonna say Spear Pillar. It's awesome man I loved it so much, it took me forever to get there the first time and it just felt so epic. I loved how they revamped it for Platinum with the Distortion World event too, that was incredible. I was so in love with the Arceus event back when I was a kid, me and my friends all used an Action Replay to get all the event legendaries and it was so fun. Aaaah I love these kind of threads they get the nostalgia flowing!

Years
Snowpoint City or Sunyshore City.
Those were always the most interesting, in my opinion.
Not to mention you didn't get to go to Sunyshore until the "blackout" was taken care of, which was the entire game, so it's something new and unfamiliar.

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
Well, I would say Eterna Forest. Yes, it is an early-on area, but there aren't a lot of people there, it's an easy grind area and the Mansion is also really cool. I like the fact that in Pt, Rotom was early access to you.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I really love Snowpoint City. It has cool music and looks pretty nice visually, and also every time I replay the Sinnoh games I'm happy to be there just by virtue of the very long trek through the snowy routes finally being over. Also there's something about the footstep on snow sound effect that I love for some reason idk why.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Definitely Snowpoint City, as it was the first genuinely snowy city in the series. The music was also wonderful, and it's home to one of my favourite gym leaders.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm pretty partial to Sunyshore and the Distortion World, if that counts. Sunyshore is just really nice and pretty and you go through so much just trying to get there, haha. It also gives me Olivine vibes, which is one of my favorite locations in the series. Distortion World is just strangely relaxing? And unsettling at the same time? It's an interesting vibe and it makes it very memorable alongside with the music and the upside down waterfalls. Been a long time since I play Platinum, though.

Years
Snowpoint city for me too, the music is so calming, and the journey there through route 217 is no less remarkable, hail was definitely melt favorite weather to experience in game. I also really love how gen 4 used environmental factors to trigger Pokemon to evolve, and watching eevee evolve into Glaceon near the icy rock was just beautiful.

I especially enjoyed returning to Snowpoint city and seeing Cynthia at the ferry. Hearing the relaxing, winter melody, watching the cool blue and white outdoors and reading Cynthia's kind words really gave me a sense of completion post game.

Years
I'm going with Snowpoint City as well, since I loved the winter atmosphere of the place. Didn't like the annoying routes we had to deal with on the way there, though.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Alrighty, let's see... some places I enjoyed...
Spoiler:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
This is such a tough one! I feel like Sinnoh is full to the brim with memorable and brilliant locations. It's hard to think of just one to single out to be my favourite.

I agree, 100%. Sinnoh is my favourite region geographically, and this is one of the big reasons why that is.

I'm gonna have to go with Route 216/217 in terms of routes. The snow, the music, the layout, the icy rock (which unlocks the epic Glaceon), the nostalgia, the "hauntings", it's great all around...

Okay, maybe not the continuous sinking in the deep snow, but even that's fun at first cx

In terms of cities, I have to go with Canalave. The music is great, the lore is interesting (Darkrai and Cresselia), the layout is neat, and...

LIBRARY! I work in libraries, and maybe for that reason, I love seeing them in games. It really helps that Sinnoh's library has a lot of unique information in regards to the region's mythology and folklore. It's not only engaging and informative, the lore also gives the region some extra depth.

In terms of runner-ups, I'd have to say Snowpoint and Sunyshore cities.

Back