• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji8123

PKMN Collector
Years
I'm In a bind..

I caught a Kingdra today at lvl 70 out in the Route 17 area.

It has better Base stats then my Samurott (not by alot but still better(528 for Samurott and 540 for Kingdra) and it gets to lvl 100 like 60k xp sooner.. AND Kingra only has 1 weakness (dragon) I already have a great team and I've sorta grown attached to my Samurott, as you can imagine... Do I ditch Samurott into the PC and start using Kingdra? Or continue using my Samurott? D:

What would Pokecommunity do?

Years
Should I add Rilou to my squad as a fighting pokemon? My current squad consists of:

Samurott
Chandelure
Arcehops
Haxorous
Zweilous
Krookodile/Zebstrika

I plan on getting a Dragonite or Mioltic as well.

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
hm ok. so that i have the white version i only have the shaking ground i guess?

ah. another question. is it possible to trade pokemon between gameboy advance and ndsi?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
hm ok. so that i have the white version i only have the shaking ground i guess?

ah. another question. is it possible to trade pokemon between gameboy advance and ndsi?

Nope, you have the ground, grass and the water spots, as well as the flying spots from the birds. It's the battles that vary, which means you mainly get triple ones.

And technically yeah, but only through the poketransfer or gen 4's migration. If you look at the FAQ, that'll explain the process.

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
and from an gameboy color game? won't be possible i guess.

hm. i wasn't in the white woods till now (are they called in english that way?). am in front of the last fight with n.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
and from an gameboy color game? won't be possible i guess.

hm. i wasn't in the white woods till now (are they called in english that way?). am in front of the last fight with n.

Nope, not possible at all, sorry. Only GBA and above. :(

It's called White Forest, good luck with N, unless you have a question...? XD

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
yeah. i thought about exchanging the pokemon from my old pokemon gold version to an gba game. but i need to have a gba and a game XD. well the gba i can get from a friend and the game wouldn't be that much of a problem i guess.

na. n would be easy right now. i trained my pokemon good but i need to wait for a friend. she wants to see the final fight and the appearing of my black dragon :P. i'll be back again when i have questions. :)

speaking of which. so how does the trade between gba and ndsi works?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
yeah. i thought about exchanging the pokemon from my old pokemon gold version to an gba game. but i need to have a gba and a game XD. well the gba i can get from a friend and the game wouldn't be that much of a problem i guess.

na. n would be easy right now. i trained my pokemon good but i need to wait for a friend. she wants to see the final fight and the appearing of my black dragon :P. i'll be back again when i have questions. :)

speaking of which. so how does the trade between gba and ndsi works?

It would be from R/S/E to either HG/SS or D/P/Pt via the Pal Park. After that, you transfer them to B/W via the PokeTransfer.

koji8123

PKMN Collector
Years
Should I add Rilou to my squad as a fighting pokemon? My current squad consists of:

Samurott
Chandelure
Arcehops
Haxorous
Zweilous
Krookodile/Zebstrika

I plan on getting a Dragonite or Mioltic as well.

Personally I love Lucario. Fighting is a weakness of at least Stone, Steel, Dark, Ice, and Normal type pokemon. Lucario's steel type also means resistance to many and only weakness to Fire, Fighting, and ground. It has good stats and good moves. I say go for it! In your case, I'd switch out Krookodile/Zebstrika for Riolul

Ruhn

Breeder
Years

It would be from R/S/E to either HG/SS or D/P/Pt via the Pal Park. After that, you transfer them to B/W via the PokeTransfer.

wait i didn't quite get that. so i'll take them to ruby saphire or emerald. and how does this work with the poketranser?

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
^You first transfer from Ruby or Sapphire to Diamond/Pearl or HeartGold/SoulSilver through the Pal Park. (You put the R/S in the bottom of the DS and then once of the Gen 4 games in the top then you transfer.)
After that, you transfer from the DS game to the Black/White. (You'll need two DS's and have PokeTransfer. That's how to transfer from GameBoy to Black/White.

Years
I have a question:
1) I put my Level 100 Aerodactlyl to sleep for like 3 weeks now, but it doesn't dream. WHY?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have a question:
1) I put my Level 100 Aerodactlyl to sleep for like 3 weeks now, but it doesn't dream. WHY?
Then it sounds like you didn't really do something right or didn't wait long enough int he game synch part, because after selecting the Pokemon you want to send to the DW it should fall asleep in a few minutes and after that you should be able to log onto the DW via the glabal link site. Maybe you copied the global link code incorrectly from your DS to the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back