• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your interest level in Pokemon right now

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My interest right now is up, because I'm anticipating Swsh, buuuut in general it fluctuates.

Sometimes I can be out of it for months, or a couple of years, but I usually always come back around to it.

I also play Pokemon Go kind of consistently nowadays, so that's helps it kinda be a constant in my life in a small way, even if I don't play or watch the main series all the time!

Pokemon has been something I've liked for most of my life now. I was 9 when I got into it, so I don't plan to completely leave.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
Like, you get gamer-rage?

You keep prodding, so here goes.

I've said and thought some pretty heinous and disturbing things when in the presence of this series, and I am not talking about "gamer rage" I'm talking about psychopathic thoughts.

It's become so bad that I have purged my recommended section on Youtube of all Pokemon related content, that's how bad It's become.

Onset by the fandom, of course.

I will not be divulging my thoughts anywhere, no one would want to see them anyway for they are highly disturbing.

I would not like to keep talking about this, for I am trying to heal.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't think I answered this topic myself? Sames as Drew, a bit in an out. I love Pokémon wholeheartedly all the time, but do I seek it out constantly? Nah. Back in it now mostly because of the anime tbh- I don't keep up with games news bc I like going in sorta blind. :>

You keep prodding, so here goes.

I've said and thought some pretty heinous and disturbing things when in the presence of this series, and I am not talking about "gamer rage" I'm talking about psychopathic thoughts.

It's become so bad that I have purged my recommended section on Youtube of all Pokemon related content, that's how bad It's become.

Onset by the fandom, of course.

I will not be divulging my thoughts anywhere, no one would want to see them anyway for they are highly disturbing.

I would not like to keep talking about this, for I am trying to heal.

Well, congrats on taking steps to heal yourself from that sort of thing! I feel as if hanging out on a forum completely dedicated to the exact fandom you are trying to avoid is fairly counterintuitive, but I'm sure you know what's best for yourself. :)

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
On a scale of one to ten?
Currently it's in the lower bracket. Let's say Four because I'm not hyped for the new gen of Pokémon.
It's always a franchise I can sit down on the sofa and relive those great memories or make new ones with a new team. Here's looking at you Nosepass and Shiny Abra.
Same with me really. I'd like to get Sword, but don't have a Switch and I'm pretty disappointed about the National Dex situation.

I've been completely turned off the anime since the Sun and Moon series. That being said I enjoyed the Power of Us. Really liked Detective Pikachu.

I occasionally play X from time to time because it still has an active player base

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I went from being a hardcore fan about five years ago, to being more of a casual fan in recent months. I still play the games and purchase merchandise from time to time, but I have very little interest in the new games like Shield and Sword or Pokemon Masters.

Years
I'm mostly a causal fan myself, but I only care for the older generations as I dislike the newer games.

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Pumped up gor Sword and Shield, also, going through few games again. At the moment, it is a 10/10 for me. I love the knife dog god, they're my avatar,hehe, just like Zacian's.

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to this franchise...a mangled, rotting bone that I've had for over 20 years now that I should really let go of but just can't bring myself to because it's my bone and I want it damnit.

Dawn put it pretty well, to be honest. Is Pokemon arguably just doing the same thing over and over? Yes. But for the most part it works perfectly fine. I still pretty actively dabble in the games, Pokemon serves as a great creative outlet, and I'm always happy to obtain more Pokemon cards, so I'd say my overall interest is pretty well to do. I'd say a 7/10. I'd rate it higher, but I'm playing Digimon and a few other games here and there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2021
I can't say I'm going crazy over Pokemon, but my involvement with the Pokemon series has been fairy consistent. I stopped telling people I liked Pokemon because it became a part of me to the point I no longer thought I needed to say it. xD Also I pretty much buy a new console when a new game is coming out so you can say it's quite important to me still. I've played all the main games, and will continue to do so. Hype isn't the same as when I started out but I can't see it dying any time soon.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
It's always heartwarming to see other people in this very thread share the same love for gen IV that I have. My interest in the series was reignited seeing the quality of life changes to breeding in USUM. I mean, what initially burned me out on pokemon starting with gen V was just how awful breeding a legitimate team was(and potentially switching stuff out if it didn't work). I also have spent countless hours in stadium 1, Colosseum/XD gale of darkness, and Pokemon Battle Revolution with teams made from the handheld games themselves.

To me, there is no other adrenaline pumping feeling in pokemon that beats raising a team, EV training it, and you go on a rampage in battles on the big screen with it.

Illyasviel

video game hustler
Years
My interest in the newer official games is now little to nothing at all, but I am often very occupied with the pre-XY Pokémon games and fangames. I feel like I don't really need to explain the fangame bit, though.

I did used to be very involved in competitive Pokémon irl (was the head of a team in my college days) but eventually was driven away due to a lot of the sexism in the competitive Pokémon scene. I feel like that combined with the series' new direction with things (starting with XY) caused me to lose interest.

As for the anime, I have zero interest. I used to watch them when they came out in Japan. TCG, I collect cards, but nowhere near as much as before. I have them filed all chronologically, so they must mean something to me, I guess.

I do have a lot of plush toys, some new, some just about vintage, and I still buy some often enough. I think I have more expensive taste in them now, though (ex: imported, or custom jobs), so I think I see them more as collectible nowadays as opposed to toys. But perhaps that's normal with growing old.

Last edited:
Years
I'm actually really invested right now. I've gotten involved in a fangame project, have a fic and an rp, do competitive and I'm really hyped for SwSh. There's definitely an ebb and flow to my interest mind you, but it's never come close to drying up.

Years
I think i'll always be a lifelong fan, but I definitely don't like the newer games as much as I liked the older games when I was a kid - As an example, I only recently played LGPE for the first time this week - right on the cusp of sword and shield, and yes I preordered both games - but it took a lot for me to get to a stage where I was ready to play Pokemon again.

I used to have a heavy involvement with various Pokemon MMORPGs that have existed, still exist, or are flourishing heavily currently and I think those are what have drained me and...ruined some of the innocent enjoyment I had in Pokemon? That or it's the fact that i'm an adult with very little free time, and when I usually have it, my first thought isn't to sit down and play Pokemon.

Years
anyone feel this changed for better or worse since swsh came out?
i'm really into it with these games, more so than usual!

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
My interest in Pokemon waxes and wanes, but it never fades completely. I always wind up going back to it for inspiration, to me it's like an endless bubbling spring of creativity! I especially enjoy seeing the fakemon and fanmade regions that other people create. Plenty of them are more interesting than what the official games have to offer us these days.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
Years
Honestly, some unsavory folk nearly ruined my enjoyment for the entire franchise at one point. I had actually almost decided against buying Shield, which I haven't missed purchasing a Pokemon game since Yellow was released. Fortunately I didn't allow them to ruin it for me and I went ahead and bought Shield. I am enjoying it a lot, for what it is. I have Aspergers so I tend to get into things heavily then move on to something else, then go back and fourth. My interest has never fully died though and I doubt it ever will.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Fortunately I didn't allow them to ruin it for me and I went ahead and bought Shield. I am enjoying it a lot, for what it is. I have Aspergers so I tend to get into things heavily then move on to something else, then go back and fourth. My interest has never fully died though and I doubt it ever will.

That's great, don't let others influence you! Keep up the strength :D

As for me, my interest level had dipped slightly and now has risen. I found out new stuff, loved Galarian Pokemon and some music and we've got PC, so now it's high again.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Unfortunately, it's at its lowest. While I still like the series, still collect TCG and other merch, and like the monster designs, I'm wasn't impressed with Sword as I felt the game was just average and rushed; I don't even feel like going back to the older games right now. Maybe I can take a small break from the games and they might be fun again. After this post, I decided to pick up UM and I felt bored.

Last edited:
Back