• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

HeartGold hack: [HGSS Hack] Pokémon UnovaHGSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Why can't I Find any Gen 5 Pokemon! :( Are the starters still Cyndaquill, Totodile, and Chikorita because Even if I patched it, it's still them. :(

Yeah they're still the starters. There should be gen 5 pokemon available in the wild in each area.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
And I still didn't find any gen 5 pokemon in here :(. BTW thank you anyways

Can It be changed if I Pokesav it?

Last edited:

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
And I still didn't find any gen 5 pokemon in here :(. BTW thank you anyways

Can It be changed if I Pokesav it?

Yep. You can use the list of Pokemon from the first post, to get any certain Pokemon. For example, I replaced Dialga and Palkia with Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. Remember, all shiny forms are in the game too (my favorite is Reshiram, because it was pretty difficult to get working correctly haha)

Are you trying to patch HeartGold? If so, this only works with SoulSilver for the moment. Once I progress further, I'll make it for both versions.

After patching, is the rom around 120 MB? It should be smaller than the original SoulSilver rom.

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
The rom is soul silver but the save game is Heart gold.. :(

The save file is probably compatible between games, but do you mean you're using a save file created by the original game and not the hack?

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I'm using a save file from heart gold and I renamed it just like the soul silvers rom name.. BTW it works! Thanks!

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
Shinies are aviable? Cool....I want shiny umm....something from 5 gen...what is the progress on your hack?

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
I'm using a save file from heart gold and I renamed it just like the soul silvers rom name.. BTW it works! Thanks!
You're welcome! And remember, I only edited the game up to Ilex Forest so far.

Shinies are aviable? Cool....I want shiny umm....something from 5 gen...what is the progress on your hack?
It's coming along, though a true release of something I would consider 'finished' won't be for quite awhile. I think I might release another Alpha, just to test the level curve. The finished game won't be compatible with Alpha saves, as it will be completely different.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
Hey! Are you going to add Kyurem's, Landorus's, Tornadus's, Thundurus's and Keldeo's new formes to your hack?
Could you also change all 5th gen pokemons formes names to right name?

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Hey! Are you going to add Kyurem's, Landorus's, Tornadus's, Thundurus's and Keldeo's new formes to your hack?
Could you also change all 5th gen pokemons formes names to right name?

I'm going to have one of Kyurem's forms in each version, since it replaces Giratina. Probably Black Kyurem in HeartGold, White Kyurem in SoulSilver. The others, probably not, because I don't know how to do it other than replacing another Pokemon that already has alternate forms. I could possibly put them in the game as separate Pokemon, but we'll see.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Hi! Just downloaded and gave it a whirl, this is pretty cool. It's really great to see Gen 5 Pokémon running after me ^^

I saw that you are using PPRE to edit Pokémon. Would you mind if I sent you a PM with some questions about that tool? I asked in a thread here but didn't get an answer, so I was very happy to see someone who is using that tool.

Cheers,
Peter

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
When Do you think you will be done Im really excited to play this hack

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Hey Do you know when you will be done Im excited , Plus i cant get the alpha to work
Another version won't be released for awhile, but it will be out before the end of the year. It only works with SoulSilver right now, so if you patched HeartGold, that might be why. Feel free to PM me if that isn't the case.
Hi! Just downloaded and gave it a whirl, this is pretty cool. It's really great to see Gen 5 Pokémon running after me ^^

I saw that you are using PPRE to edit Pokémon. Would you mind if I sent you a PM with some questions about that tool? I asked in a thread here but didn't get an answer, so I was very happy to see someone who is using that tool.

Cheers,
Peter
Sure
When Do you think you will be done Im really excited to play this hack
See above

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
Why did you take out Gardevoir? That put me off this one a bit as Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon.

Actually, I just moved the entire line to the end of the Pokedex. Ralts is now at #451, though I may have them reverted to their original positions in the final hack. You can actually catch Ralts in the alpha version in Route 30 at night (if I recall correctly). Any Pokemon with an evolution that jumps a generation, including those not part of gen 1 or 2, will be in the final hack (this includes Snorunt's line and Roselia's line, among others). Only ones I'm taking out are Azurill and Wynaut, as they are just baby Pokemon, and I plan on replacing the Incense items they require anyway.

Quick update: Just want to let you all know I'm still working on the game, but I've been experimenting and testing things to see what I'm able to do. I figured out how to do much more than I thought was possible when I first started this project. As such, despite what I had the security guard in the game say, I'm unfortunately not expecting a release to be ready before B2W2's official english release, though I still expect some sort of playable beta version to be ready this year. The list of Pokemon may change, but I'm not certain about anything yet... rest assured, every 1st, 2nd, and 5th gen Pokemon will be available no matter what. I've recently worked on updating the graphics as well, including new sprites for every 5th gen Pokemon, and including the new Pokemon overworlds from B2W2 (and updating some others Game Freak hadn't done). Here's a few new pictures of the graphics:

Some Pokemon with their old overworlds/The same Pokemon, but with their new overworlds/And some other Pokemon with their new battle sprites
alpha110330523.png
newover1329772.png
newsprite177401.png

Credits for updated overworlds: Game Freak, me
Credits for front sprites: KingOfThe-X-Roads on DeviantArt - link to the sprites
Credit for back sprites: Chaos Rush - link to thread

Make sure to follow my twitter page for updates on the hack. I also made a website, but I don't think I'm going to update that much. Twitter will have new info first most likely. Also make sure to e-mail me with any questions you may have! Or feel free to contact me any other way, though e-mail will be the quickest.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Now that we have Tinke... you can now change the Pokémon cries. Just simply go into the gs_sound_data.sdat file with Tinke, look at the SWAR files and simply change the different ones that are listed there, they should be the ones with the name "WAVE_ARC_PV[PokéDex Number]". PV stands for "Pokémon Voice", as you may have guessed. As a suggestion, you can export the ones from BW and import them into HG/SS.

So now we'll probably see some changes with the Pokémon cries in the next release.

Btw, it is a rather interesting HG/SS ROM hack, it includes the Unova Pokémon as well. But I'm sure it will progress to become even better.

Years
About the game

Hey there man, it's me. I agree with the Moose We Trust about a few things but the thing is that, pokemon like the pidgey family should not be replaced, u know. And yeah what u should do is go through the documents of the final version of Blaze Black and Volt White and give the pokemon those things ie if u r actually planning on doing so, but honestly I think it should be done cus the thing is like pokes like Pidgeot, Serperior and many other pokes need upgrades so that we can have a fresher and a more awesomer experience, no? And if u plan on putting Hurricane, please make sure Charizard gets it, please.

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need anything! :)
There's a program (thenewpoketex) that lets me open all the text in the game and edit it in Notepad, and I can just do a Find+Replace for all their names. And if those cries will fit into the game (I have no knowledge on how the roms handle sound files yet), I'd like to use those. And about the fakemon, well, each Unova Pokemon is technically a fakemon in Gen 4, so I suppose I've figured out how to put them in.

And to everyone who's played so far, and will play in the future, regarding the next release... I don't know whether to release an Alpha 2, or just wait until I get much closer to the hack's completion.

This Alpha was only meant as a playtest for the general public to showcase all I've done with putting Unova Pokemon in the game, and more importantly, to get feedback about the slightly higher level curve to see if it's too much, or too little. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. If I do release another Alpha, it'll still be for testing purposes only, such as testing the difficulty and ironing out bugs, as all that will be changed will be the wild Pokemon and Trainer rosters, and not much else really. I'm working on implementing a new story into my hack (which will, among other things, also include a reason for the sudden appearance of non-native Unova Pokemon :o ), and this will not be in any Alpha. Any newer version after the Alphas won't be compatible with previous saves, which is why I'm hesitant to release another Alpha, lest players get really far into the game and become annoyed that they'll have to start over :( What do you all think?
No need to be worried actually cus the thing is that it is only the 2nd gym. How hard would someone grind before deciding to walk to the officer. Hell I don't expect any of the pokes to reach their final form actually, so don't be hesitant. We r not extreme grinding or anything.

I am digging this game actually, the battle sprites r just awesome. However as for the Ow's they r good but pokes like Excradill, Krookodile, Samurrot(Looking like a freaking walris) and some other pokes along with it need a change with OW sprites don't u think?

Last edited:
Years
Hey there man, it's me. I agree with the Moose We Trust about a few things but the thing is that, pokemon like the pidgey family should not be replaced, u know. And yeah what u should do is go through the documents of the final version of Blaze Black and Volt White and give the pokemon those things ie if u r actually planning on doing so, but honestly I think it should be done cus the thing is like pokes like Pidgeot, Serperior and many other pokes need upgrades so that we can have a fresher and a more awesomer experience, no? And if u plan on putting Hurricane, please make sure Charizard gets it, please.

I am digging this game actually, the battle sprites r just awesome. However as for the Ow's they r good but pokes like Excradill, Krookodile, Samurrot(Looking like a freaking walris) and some other pokes along with it need a change with OW sprites don't u think?
No need to be worried actually cus the thing is that it is only the 2nd gym. How hard would someone grind before deciding to walk to the officer. Hell I don't expect any of the pokes to reach their final form actually, so don't be hesitant. We r not extreme grinding or anything.I am quite digging some of his ideas but the thing is I hate expensive crap and all. For TM's it is legit actually but seriously, I hate the amulet coin idea. So for items like pokeballs and other healing item's it's best to keep the prices low, since like take this for example, u wanna catch a pokemon who knows very tough moves which r 2 hit kos but since u r constantly failing because of bad luck, u r gonna end up with little or no money but u can't afford it because it's way too expensive. And also take the gym leaders for instance, u can't beat them, keep on losing money, and sadly, u can't buy status healing items and other strategic items cus again, it's way too expensive. So, I suggest u shouldn't change the prices of the items like pokeballs and potions to expensive cus then, the fresh experience is gonna dissappear and we will end up being nothing but a frustrated wreck. So please drop the amulet coin idea, and since I know u r quite a wifi player, I beleive u will have no problems making the game competitive for us. As for the second alpha, instead of doing so, I suggest u play through Dray's HG hacks, Sacred Gold. He made the game in such a way that grinding was not necessary and that the level curve was indeed legit. I really hope u read this cus every bit of this information is worth it. Can't wait for next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back