• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just evolve it. You want the better stats I think, and I don't think Eviolite Haunter is a thing...or a good thing. Cause being bulky isn't what Haunt or Gengar is about. It's about fast hard hitting special attack, and you're gonna get that more out of a Gengar than you would a Haunter. But if this is just for in-game, it doesn't really matter.

I don't recommend Haunter for gen V competitive though, but that's a topic for another section. Keep in mind, if you want help with competitive stuff, you're gonna wanna try asking in Battle Center. You will get better results asking there than here, plus if you're sending it to gen V, this is the gen III section lol. Though I'd recommend getting a completely new Haunter to use competitively rather than one from an in-game playthrough, but maybe that's just me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Wattson dilemma

Grovyle
-Quick attack
-Rock Smash
-Pursuit
-Fury Cutter
Beautifly
-Flash
-Gust
-Poison Sting
-Stun Spore
Taillow
-Peck
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Focus Energy
Aron
-Metal Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Mud-Slap
-Headbutt

I need advice and tips on how to beat Wattson with these pokemon/Advice on pokemon to catch to use to beat Wattson

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First thing's first. Tailow and Beautifly will be useless. Your best bet is using that Aron on his Magneton and abusing the crap out of Mud-Slap. Make sure it's holding a Cheri Berry. I think that'd help. Grovyle should be able to do wel-- o. Nevermind. That's an awful moveset, I hate to tell you. Grind Grovyle to level 29 and learn Leaf Blade and never let it go. Ever. After that, Grovyle should be alright against everything but Magneton on Wattson's team.

I recommend getting a Geodude, if you're not opposed to it.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
guys, i have a question. i really want to train a raikou, but as you know, it is a roaming pokemon, so once i find it in leaf green, it´s nature remains the same, so it´s stats.
i wonder that if i trade it to emerald, delete the lg file, clear it up again, and get to trade with emerald again, if i trade the old raikou to check the new raikou location, if everytime i find it is the "first time" i meet it in the new game, would it spawn a new raikou every time? (diferent stats and nature)?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Trading the Raikou over isn't going to make it spawn. I'm pretty sure it automatically starts roaming after you get the National Dex, so that's the trigger. And only one will show up. Trading in a Raikou isn't going to make a bunch appear. It's just one per file, and even then, if you find it and it Roars you away, it's glitched you out of being able to obtain it. I'm not sure about it showing up in your Pokedex location if you trade one over though. Not really worth all the effort though. I think you'd be better off trying to get a good nature Raikou from HGSS.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
haha noo, you misunderstood my question :P

what i meant is to take the raikou to another version, delete the leaf green save file, start a new one (so i can get a new raikou), clear the game, get the National Dex, and then trade the previous file´s raikou so i can see the new file´s movements.

what i wonder is: once raikou is roaming but i still haven´t seen it, does it have like a determinate nature/ stats even before i first meet it?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
haha noo, you misunderstood my question :P

what i meant is to take the raikou to another version, delete the leaf green save file, start a new one (so i can get a new raikou), clear the game, get the National Dex, and then trade the previous file´s raikou so i can see the new file´s movements.

what i wonder is: once raikou is roaming but i still haven´t seen it, does it have like a determinate nature/ stats even before i first meet it?

Raikou's nature and IVs will be determined once you first encounter it. However, there is a glitch in third gen games where all roaming Pokemon have really low IVs except for HP. If you want a third gen Raikou with decent IVs, your best bet is the one in Colosseum.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
Raikou's nature and IVs will be determined once you first encounter it. However, there is a glitch in third gen games where all roaming Pokemon have really low IVs except for HP. If you want a third gen Raikou with decent IVs, your best bet is the one in Colosseum.

ohhh, that explains why it got 0 in al IV but HP hahaha
thanks :) i guess i`ll take the dust out of colosseum and star it over.

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
Can you help me?

I'm not really sure if it is a good place to post that...
Some time ago my friend and I started to play Pokemon Fire Red on Gameboid. She was the first, who defeated Elite Four. We were both very surprised and excited that there is something more after the ending credits (Sevii Islands). But well, when I finally defeated Elite Four, my rival and became a Pokemon Master, my game just ended. Here's an exact description:
After prof. Oak have put my pokeballs into that strange machine, I saw "Game is saving" for a two seconds. Then I patiently waited until credits ended and ... the game returned to the main menu. And here's the problem - my only save (in game) is three months old, when my Bulbasaur was on 10th level... What should I do to continue the game and go to the Sevii Islands?
As I said - my only "fresh" saves are these made by Gameboid, not in the game. To be honest, I have no idea how to save the game "properly". Can somebody help me, please? I really want to continue the game!
Sorry for my poor English :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...What is Gameboid? I don't want to sound rude, but do you mean GameBoy? Since you mentioned your English is bad, I read your post about three times to try to get what you mean, and I'm still having a hard time understanding. If you're playing the game on a legit Game Boy Advance, you should just pause the game and click save and that's how you save. If you really meant Gameboid, which I assume is some kind of emulator, then you would probably need to ask in Emulation instead.

I'm trying to understand your question as best as I can, sorry. :(

Edit: Okay, Drakow confirmed that Gameboid is an emulator. This sounds more like it's an issue with that, so you're gonna want to ask in Emulation, cause this thread is for questions about the game, not what you're using to play the game. Sorry about that. I hope you can find your answer there!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

Last edited:

Feebas

Unevolved
Years
Need some help on the 7th Hoenn gym.
I realize that Tate and Liza are a Psychic-type dual battle, but I don't have any good Dark-types to battle them. I do have an Absol and a Mightyena, but neither seem to be adequate. Any suggestions?

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I realize that Tate and Liza are a Psychic-type dual battle, but I don't have any good Dark-types to battle them. I do have an Absol and a Mightyena, but neither seem to be adequate. Any suggestions?

Could try some sort of evasion tactic with one Pokemon doing double team and everything, and then use the other Pokemon to do reflect or something to help protect the double teaming one, and then once the double teaming one is unhittable, whip out some toxic.

That's how I beat them on expert emerald anyway.

Years

Can you clarify if you're playing Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald please? It's cos their teams are different between the two and if you notify the game you can get further help.

I recommend using Water and Grass-type Pokemon so that you can hit their Lunatone/Solrock (and Claydol in Emerald) super-effectively. Remember that Solrock does have moves that can counter both Water and Grass-types so you need to be on-guard.

Also, they have a Xatu in Emerald so an Electric-type might also help but remember that Claydol can use Earthquake. You can also focus on attacking one of their Pokemon and once you knock out both of one side's Pokemon you can focus on the other side. If you're playing Emerald you can also take down Claydol and Xatu with an Ice-type attack, you can simply teach Ice Beam to your Water-types.

Last edited:

Feebas

Unevolved
Years
Can you clarify if you're playing Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald please? It's cos their teams are different between the two and if you notify the game you can get further help.

I recommend using Water and Grass-type Pokemon so that you can hit their Lunatone/Solrock (and Claydol in Emerald) super-effectively. Remember that Solrock does have moves that can counter both Water and Grass-types so you need to be on-guard.

Also, they have a Xatu in Emerald so an Electric-type might also help but remember that Claydol can use Earthquake. You can also focus on attacking one of their Pokemon and once you knock out both of one side's Pokemon you can focus on the other side. If you're playing Emerald you can also take down Claydol and Xatu with an Ice-type attack, you can simply teach Ice Beam to your Water-types.

Thank you, that helped me a lot.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2012
Suggest a good 3-4 pokemon team to defeat Wattson?

Hello, all. I'd like to know your opinions on a few wild pokemon I can catch before the 3rd badge that, once raised to about level 20-23, would do well against Mauville's gym leader, Wattson.

I already have a level 25 Lombre, level 25 Grovyle, and am raising a Nincada (level 11). I have a level ten Aron and level 10 makuhita in the day care, if anyone wanted to know.

Anyways, thanks for any replies :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nincada probably won't help much, until it can learn Mud Slap anyway. I think it learns that before it evolves, so go for that. Aron also gets Mud Slap, and Makuhita learns Arm Thrust at level 10, which is good against Magneton. Geodude is also immune to all his Pokemon, so if you're up for going back to Granite Cave, it's probably the best option you have at the moment. And Grovyle will get Leaf Blade at level 29, so that might help against his non-Steel types, plus it's a great move in general. Don't get rid of it when he does learn it, actually haha. Hope this helps!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hello, all. I'd like to know your opinions on a few wild pokemon I can catch before the 3rd badge that, once raised to about level 20-23, would do well against Mauville's gym leader, Wattson.

I already have a level 25 Lombre, level 25 Grovyle, and am raising a Nincada (level 11). I have a level ten Aron and level 10 makuhita in the day care, if anyone wanted to know.

Anyways, thanks for any replies :D

The Shedinja from Nincada could be useful against anything but Voltorb as long as you have items to heal off confusion/switch because it is immune to everything else.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
Noob question about Cubone

How do I know if the Cubone I'm fighting with (or the one I own) has a Thick Club?
I simply couldn't find how to perform such a simple task.
Thanks in advance.

Ps: I'm playing Fire Red.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You could try using the move Thief or Covet. Or you could just catch every Cubone you find. It's only a 5% chance though, but hey, still totally possible.

To check what your own Cubone is holding, check its summary and in there it'll tell you if it's holding an item and what that item is, if there is one.

Merging with Q&A thread also.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Cute Ruby Version Team?

Hi all! If you know me, you know I like really cute teams to use in-game cx

I restarted my Ruby Version recently and I'm trying to come up with a cute team of Pokemon I haven't really used before. In RSE, I always end up using Manectric, Swellow, Breloom, Gardevoir, and Delcatty or something similar.

My starter is Cayenne the Combusken right now, and she's about ten levels away from evolving.

My other Pokemon right now are Masquerain, Linoone, Kirlia, and Breloom.

Are there any suggestions? ♪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back