• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Art of RNG [RNG Guide & Discussion]

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks for sharing, Ringo. That's definitely an oversight on their part and would need to be taken up with them, but good luck. I think they have a thread on project pokemon if you want to post your experience there and the results from Pokecheck. Nice trophies, though. I have a HoO Arceus myself so I understand wanting to have an unobtainable trophy. :-)

I will consider bringing it to their attention... But do you have any clue on what I am doing wrong when I try to share my legality anyalsis with you?

One of these days I will get around to my HoO Arceus too. It is rather sad to me that they never released the flute legitematly. My next Gen IV project though I think will be a shiny Manaphy. Sticking to my Gen III Legends, and some more Dream World Pokemon for now though.

Too hot to be outside... Got to work on my Dream World RNG's on my Black. Still have a few left to do, but here's the first five. I have way too many waiting on my White, so getting to work on White next.

442.png
notshiny.png
#442 Spiritomb ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
RUSH ♀ (Black, 2112/24292)
Serious - Infiltrator - 30/30/15/31/3/30 - Untrained
HP: Psychic 70
Spite - Shadow Sneak - Faint Attack - Pain Split

133.png
notshiny.png
#133 Eevee ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Docile - Anticipation - 31/10/31/10/31/30 - Untrained
HP: Fire 70
Tackle - Helping Hand - Sand-Attack - Charm

235.png
notshiny.png
#235 Smeargle ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Naughty - Moody - 30/31/30/26/31/30 - Untrained
HP: Fire 70
Sketch - Sleep Talk - *** - ***

142.png
notshiny.png
#142 Aerodactyl ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Lonely - Unnerve - 30/31/31/11/31/19 - Untrained
HP: Dragon 70
Bite - Scary Face - Roar - Stealth Rock

207.png
notshiny.png
#207 Gligar ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Mild - Immunity - 31/17/30/24/27/12 - Untrained
Poison Sting - Sand-Attack - Harden - Feint

Wish me luck with the abuses I have ahead of me on the White.

Last edited by a moderator:

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
My Latest RNG Abuse. I borrowed my brother's friend's Japanese Black 2 for this.
385.png
notshiny.png
#385 ジラーチ ♁ (level 50)
016.png

OT:
1.png
デコロラ ♂ (Black 2, 7013/0)
Timid - Serene Grace - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Healing Wish - Psychic - Swift - Meteor Mash​

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
So the used Japanese White that I ordered a while back came in but I completely forgot to post the two RNG Abuses I did on it before restarting it x.x

385.png
#385 ジラーチ (LV 50)
Cherish_Ball_summary_IV.png

OT: デコロラ
1.png
ID: 07013
Careful - Serene Grace - 31/31/31/30/31/31 - Untouched
Healing Wish - Psychic - Swift - Meteor Mash​

This was the closest I could get to flawless ;.; I'll try to do a flawless on my new file once I get to the E4 >.<

494.png
#494 ビクティニ (LV 15)
Heal_Ball_summary_IV.png

OT: ふらん
1.png
ID: 64734
Timid - Victory Star - 31/02/30/31/31/31 - Untouched
Confusion - Incinerate - Quick Attack - Endure​

I really wanted to do this in a Dive Ball, but I really didn't want to go to Undella to buy them so I just settled haha. I suppose I'm pretty lucky my used game came with an unused Liberty Ticket > 3<

And Mac, I thought you had some foreign games?

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I only have German black actually... that's the only foreign game I have.

junior403

The Show Must Go On...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I have successfully RNG'ed standard seed mons before, but could someone help me with this one?
I'm attempting to RNG an Excadrill on White. On the Time Finder Settings I've chosen Standard Seed > Cave Spot Pokémon and got my Seed.
On the main window, PIDRNG > Wild Pokémon (Cave Spot), and found my results.

Now, how should I generate the dust clouds? Should I chatot-advance up to my desired result, and try to get the cloud to appear in less than 20 steps?
Please tell me if I did anything wrong.

Any help is appreciated

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Two questions. 1. Will most of the RNG tips apply to non shinies. I dont need shinies I just wanted flawless ones? 2. How do i set up a profile?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yes, RNG can work for non-shiny too. And just open the RNG Reporter profiles and enter your information and hit save. :3

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Regards to my 3ds why is that delay so important to note? I know that it delays and the time sounds correct. Just want to know why its important.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Do you guys prefer to RNG for shiny or non-shiny Pokémon?

I personally prefer non-shiny. First off it's a lot easier and takes much less time, but also because having too many shinies seems kind of boring haha. I prefer for my shiny Pokémon to be more random/chance like they were designed to be, but whenever I'm training a competitive team I ensure to RNG the lot of them.

Years
Adrian: In RNG it is crucially important to hit your seed (game launch time w/ other parameters involved) at a specific time down to the second. 3DS games have a bit different launch time than a DS Lite, which is commonly used for RNG purposes. 3DS launch time is roughly 8 seconds, as opposed to 1. Plus, there is no clock with a second hand on the 3DS display, so you have to rely on other means such as eon/zomgtimer for synchronization with an external clock.

Needless to say, in my personal opinion, there is less to worry about when RNG'ing on a Lite.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
There's only 2 reasons why I'd rng shiny stuff... and that's because it's easy to tell when you've gotten it right and it's got really nice colors. Otherwise I like to rng non-shiny because shiny is everywhere now and just doesn't appeal to me. And I like to avoid disasters like Hariyama.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Adrian: In RNG it is crucially important to hit your seed (game launch time w/ other parameters involved) at a specific time down to the second. 3DS games have a bit different launch time than a DS Lite, which is commonly used for RNG purposes. 3DS launch time is roughly 8 seconds, as opposed to 1. Plus, there is no clock with a second hand on the 3DS display, so you have to rely on other means such as eon/zomgtimer for synchronization with an external clock.

Needless to say, in my personal opinion, there is less to worry about when RNG'ing on a Lite.

My problem is I cant afford even a used ds or dsi atm

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
For me it matters on the Pokemon. If I like its shiny, I do shiny, otherwise I do non-shiny. :x

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Like Mac, I'd only want a shiny if it were one of my favorites (Beldum). Otherwise too many ruins the fun of having a shiny. D:

643.png
notshiny.png
#643 Reshiram ♁ (level 70)
012.png

OT:
2.png
Eric ♂ (White 2, 35236/6318)
Modest - Turboblaze - 31/15/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Extrasensory - Fusion Flare - Dragon Pulse - Imprison​

My first RNG'd Pokemon! :D Got a lot of help from the guys in the IRC.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Congrats Ooka :D I look foward to seeing more > 3<

In regards the current topic, I usually do Shiny because my goal is to just breed everything I can Shiny at least once. Then after that I'll just breed whatever o 3o

Back