• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji8123

PKMN Collector
Years
Is Entralink local wireless or is it wi-fi? Cause all my people from white forrest left (except one stubborn girl) and I seriously need more people. If it is Wi-fi is there anyone with black version who will let me get more people from their black city ._.?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is Entralink local wireless or is it wi-fi? Cause all my people from white forrest left (except one stubborn girl) and I seriously need more people. If it is Wi-fi is there anyone with black version who will let me get more people from their black city ._.?

Nope, it's only local wifi, sorry. :(

It'd be easier if it was Nintendo wifi though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
In terms of what you can do story wise? Nothing. There's really nothing involving the plot after you find all seven sages. It's over. All that there is left for you to do is battle NPCs and maybe over wireless, participate in Musicals or the Subway, train and Pokemon, explore every inch of Unova, or if you really wanted to, restart over. That is, if you haven't already become Champion.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Yah i guess it done and done well TIME TO EV TRAIN 9 diff teams in a row PS: were is a link to a thread about the 3rd game to black and white i cant seem to find it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2011
How can i get celebi without cheating/event. Anyone have one they are willing to trade?
And i caught an axew at level 30, trained it to 36, evolved it, and it seems very week. i was told to make an egg of it a train the level 1 all the way to what i wanted.. Should i do that or just keep training it?
I have been giving it as many minerals as possible but idk if its working that well...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
How can i get celebi without cheating/event. Anyone have one they are willing to trade?
And i caught an axew at level 30, trained it to 36, evolved it, and it seems very week. i was told to make an egg of it a train the level 1 all the way to what i wanted.. Should i do that or just keep training it?
I have been giving it as many minerals as possible but idk if its working that well...

You might want to go to the quick trade thread for that first one and the second one you might have a bad nature heres a list of the natures
http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Yah i guess it done and done well TIME TO EV TRAIN 9 diff teams in a row PS: were is a link to a thread about the 3rd game to black and white i cant seem to find it
The only thread on the third game is the speculation thread. Since the game hasn't been announced yet, that's all there is to do involving it: speculate.

You can try the Quick Trade thread in the Wi-Fi Center to see if anyone is willing to trade you a Celebi.

As for your Axew, personally, I would say train it from level 1. That way, the Pokemon will gain more EVs from battling than the one you caught at level 30. Then there would be a 37 level difference to gain experience and EVs than the 8 level one for the wild Pokemon.

How is your current Fraxure weak? Perhaps you have a bad nature for what you want it to do in battle.

Years
Where are all the rage candy bars located so I can get a zen mode darmanitan?
And also, cand I breed a zen mode darmanitan to get another one?

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
A female Pokémon with a Dream World ability (like a Darmanitan with Zen Mode) has a chance of passing on the ability when you breed it. Only females, not males. As for the Rage Candy Bars, you can get one from a house in Icirrus City, and another from Prof. Juniper post-game. After that, the only way to get them is by beating all the trainers on the Royal Unova on a Saturday.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years

You can technically see if your Fraxure has low initial stats, or anything that's rather sub-par. Go to the Battle Subway and talk to the Ace Trainer you see near immediately at the entrance. If Fraxure is as bad as you think it is, he'll probably say something like it being so-so or decent.

Also, it gets phenomenally powerful once it reaches Haxorus, so it might just be seeming to be weak because right now it's just a mere Fraxure. Training my Zweilous was a little difficult because it wasn't very outstanding and got hurt a lot fighting Pokémon around or higher of its level range. Once it evolved to a Hydreigon though, I was able to have a much easier time wiping enemies out.

Leveling up a Pokémon from 1 up doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a better Axew or anything. It's all random again, and it's luck to you on whether certain marvelous initial stats of the parents get passed down to the offspring. There's ways to influence it though with certain items, but it's all up to the parents' own stats once more.

Finally, as hiff said, it might just be a hindering nature. You can look at the link he provided to see all the natures, but if you want to see what particular stat is growing or hindered, you can actually check your Fraxure's status screen. The stat with a subtle highlight in red is the helping one while the one stat highlighted in blue is the hindered stat.

Minerals? Vitamins, you mean? Proteins and Carbos can help, but it only goes so much, you know.

I feel like you were expecting an amazing Pokémon, but right now you're a little disappointed that it doesn't seem as marvelous as the hype was. But as I said again, perhaps evolving it to Haxorus will show you the awesomeness that this dragon holds.

By the way, Dragon Dance is an awesome thing for Fraxure. It helped me train the fellow quite quickly.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2011
Isn't Iron & Calcium considered a mineral?
But I am evolving him soon sense he is level 47 now hopefully that works.
Ill check in trade if someone will trade me a Celebi, but I dont really have any good pokemon to trade at the moment since i just got the game last weekend ^.^

Another Question:
If I battle a friend, and they have a pokemon I havent seen, ex. Celebi., Will it show up in my pokedex so I cant get one in the Global Trade?

:)
Thanks for the help
ps
I cant find my fraxtrues nature?

adadrian

old pokemon trainer
Years

Questions like these belong in Quick Questions, which is what this has been merged to, incase anyone has further input.

Not really sure how many masterballs you have, since it sounds like you've got many, but my best suggestion is to use masterballs on roamers like Thundurus, cause they're time consuming and annoying. :(

oops i mean i've used ultra balls on most of my pokemon like thundurus and zekrom

whats the best pokemon to use the masterball with? or shoulud i just keep it? seeing i've used a ultraball with thundurus

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
oops i mean i've used ultra balls on most of my pokemon like thundurus and zekrom

whats the best pokemon to use the masterball with? or shoulud i just keep it? seeing i've used a ultraball with thundurus
There is no "best" pokemon to use the master ball on. I personally always use it on roaming pokemon because catching them normally is a massive pain. If you already have the roaming one, just use it on a common pokemon for giggles, as there's no other reason to use it on anything else since ultra balls can catch any other legendary in a reasonable time span.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Err..yeah. Are location eyecatches still present in Black and White? AKA, those images present in FR/LG and HG/SS that appear when you first enter an area. I have a sneaking suspicion that those were removed as well. >.<

Thanks in advance for clarifying this.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Isn't Iron & Calcium considered a mineral?
But I am evolving him soon sense he is level 47 now hopefully that works.
Ill check in trade if someone will trade me a Celebi, but I dont really have any good pokemon to trade at the moment since i just got the game last weekend ^.^

Another Question:
If I battle a friend, and they have a pokemon I havent seen, ex. Celebi., Will it show up in my pokedex so I cant get one in the Global Trade?

:)
Thanks for the help
ps
I cant find my fraxtrues nature?

Well, true, they're metals in the Periodic Table, but they're also daily supplements we need in our nutritional diets, which is what Pokémon was basing things off of. They're certainly shaped like pills, after all.

Multiplayer battles do not affect the Pokédex, if I recall correctly. Someone correct me on this, but I believe this is the case.

As was mentioned before (I think?), you can ask someone to trade you a Celebii over in the Quick Trade topic in our Trade Corner board. :) Go to the Wi-Fi Center board, then to the Trade Corner here.

Check the Summary screen of your Pokémon. I believe it's the first flap.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Where are all the rage candy bars located so I can get a zen mode darmanitan?

I have the same question. I used a Rare Candy Bar by accident on a Zen Darmantian and I then I killed x_x

So yeah, are there any more Rare Candy Bars?

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
I have the same question. I used a Rare Candy Bar by accident on a Zen Darmantian and I then I killed x_x

So yeah, are there any more Rare Candy Bars?

I already answered this up there.

A female Pokémon with a Dream World ability (like a Darmanitan with Zen Mode) has a chance of passing on the ability when you breed it. Only females, not males. As for the Rage Candy Bars, you can get one from a house in Icirrus City, and another from Prof. Juniper post-game. After that, the only way to get them is by beating all the trainers on the Royal Unova on a Saturday.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Which Darumaka here looks like it has the most potential? I don't really understand the IV calculator...

Both are just hatched.

Adamant, Likes to fight
Hidden Power=Ice
12/12, 7,5,4,5,5

Adamant, Likes to thrash about
Hidden Power=Water
12/12, 7,5,4,5,6

I'm looking to EV train it in Attack and Speed. The rest in Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back