• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What if..... ( drumroll)... it is a remake of rse with... new pokemon!?!?
Like about 50 or so new evo's and pre evo's
And dont say its impossible
Ppl would have said sequel versions were impossible a year or so ago
And that was before gf promised to continue to work hard at evolving the pokemon world or whatever

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's Dragon Eevee! No seriously I hope it is if it's not games. Ot maybe mascots...I can't wait until late tomorrow here (which would be the 8th in Japan due to time zones).

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
All evidence IMO points to new gen games to be released in late 2013. They could even be set in Hoenn, but I think Hoenn was already fully fleshed out in the GBA. I think a Hoenn remake, much like a Sinnoh remake, or any other remakes for that matter, would be a step back for the series.

Also, the first game in a new console has never been a remake:

GB/GBC: Red/Green
GBA: Ruby/Sapphire
DS: Diamond/Pearl

Another reason I think it's a new gen is that they probably want to introduce something new regarding the battle system. 5th gen was the only generation in which the battle system wasn't substantially modified; all we got were new abilities, items, moves, and obviously new Pokémon. With the higher processing ability of the 3DS, I'm expecting something groundbreaking.

Remaking Hoenn also wouldn't be a wise idea financially, I believe the 3rd gen was the worst selling generation ever. It may have been because of it being on the GBA, though. In fact, considering this, I'm not sure where all those Hoenn fans are coming from lately... May have something to do with the fact most people currently into the franchise started with RSE and naturally feel nostalgic about their first game... Much like I was very nostalgic about the original games (I started with Blue version at the age of 12).

The Hoenn references in BW2 don't necessarily mean they're developing remakes, they may just have thrown a bone to Hoenn fans as some compensation for not making a new Hoenn game...

Last edited:
Years
All evidence IMO points to new gen games to be released in late 2013. They could even be set in Hoenn, but I think Hoenn was already fully fleshed out in the GBA. I think a Hoenn remake, much like a Sinnoh remake, or any other remakes for that matter, would be a step back for the series.

Also, the first game in a new console has never been a remake:

GB/GBC: Red/Green
GBA: Ruby/Sapphire
DS: Diamond/Pearl

Another reason I think it's a new gen is that they probably want to introduce something new regarding the battle system. 5th gen was the only generation in which the battle system wasn't substantially modified; all we got were new abilities, items, moves, and obviously new Pokémon. With the higher processing ability of the 3DS, I'm expecting something groundbreaking.

Remaking Hoenn also wouldn't be a wise idea financially, I believe the 3rd gen was the worst selling generation ever. It may have been because of it being on the GBA, though. In fact, considering this, I'm not sure where all those Hoenn fans are coming from lately... May have something to do with the fact most people currently into the franchise started with RSE and naturally feel nostalgic about their first game... Much like I was very nostalgic about the original games (I started with Blue version at the age of 12).

The Hoenn references in BW2 don't necessarily mean they're developing remakes, they may just have thrown a bone to Hoenn fans as some compensation for not making a new Hoenn game...

This is where many of the Gen 3 fans are coming from. They saw the Remakes of HeartGold and SoulSilver, and said: "Hey, Third gen should get a Remake soon too in Gen 5 or Gen 6". And thus the Speculation of Gen 3 Remakes began.

I started off in Gen 1. I was not impressed with Gen 2. Gen 3 got me back into Pokemon. A different Region and finally different Pokemon, that were not Pidgey's and Rattata's. It had a fresh feel. We finally broke off from the base of Kanto and Johto and were traveling a new land.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm just hoping they don't some how incorporate Hoenn into the new Generation VI games thus dismissing the need to create Remakes. I'd rather play through Hoenn on a full blown Remake but I doubt they would make that move due to connectivity issues.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021

Wow, you are sadly mistaken. They still sold over 13 million units Worldwide, probably even more than that by now. Yes, they were the worst selling Pokemon games but do you not realize why? R/S were hurt by the GBA which was the worst selling handheld gaming system by Nintendo. If the GB/C was the worst selling system, then its likely that Red/Green and Gold/Silver would have been the worst selling games. R/S were still the highest selling GBA games (with Emerald coming in 3rd), so to say they wouldn't be wise financially is incorrect.

Remakes are easy cash for GF and Nintendo, simple as that. They make a few changes here and there while mainly just updating the graphics.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
New Pokemon Rumor about Jan 8th announcement (Digital Type?)

This rumor states that a developer at Game Freak leaks information about what the announcement will state at January 8th.
Hi. My name is YellowGiant, and I am a visual designer by trade. My role in the Pokemon Franchise is minor, but has grown as of late to include actually aiding the development of the central games. I don't design the Pokemon, characters, or anything like that, but rather I am an assistant when it comes to designing the 3D models that GameFreak has begun to utilize in the recent games. My first big project was aiding the development of the PokeDex 3D App models, basically more of a clean-up member of the crew rather than a main modeler. I looked things over and such, along with other lesser members of the team.

Regardless, I am quite excited to share a bit of preliminary information regarding the new games that I know on here, because this is my first major retail game I've worked on, and since the game will be revealed in a few days, I thought I'd drop a few hints among the English speaking Pokemon community to get you guys hyped up. No proper names, of course, but general bullet points of what you guys can expect. I don't know how much of this information is being released next week, although I know they're going to reveal the titles at least, and a New Pokemon, but I'm unsure if game screen-shots will appear. It's up to you if you want to believe this or not, but here's what I can tell you if you choose to believe me.

* They are launching Three Versions simultaneously, collectively being called "Pokemon Trinity", but you'll have to wait to learn the names of the Versions themselves. There's more version exclusivity than ever before, and little cosmetic differences scattered about, but the focus here is not for an individual to buy all three...rather they're encouraging global and local trading more so than ever before.

* The game is in full 3D, although many of the backgrounds mix in hand-drawn models like old N64/PS games did, think of like the drawn backgrounds in Final Fantasy VII-X for an idea of what it looks like. All the characters and Pokemon, the ones used in PokeDex 3D, have models. Because of this, they're introducing trainer customization...players can now edit skin color, clothing, etc. for their own touch.

* The 3Ds is utilized in multiple ways...pressure-based (no more holding a button to run!) free-form movement as opposed to grid-based, utilization of QR codes and AR cards for various functions, and taking advantage of the improved Wi-Fi for some ambitious online play. The online functionality of this game is looking to be Nintendo's strongest output yet. GameFreak wants to make these the most social, globally-active Pokemon games yet.

* There's going to be a re-haul of various mechanics, although Gen V Pokemon can be transfered over, but may be "altered" in different ways as the system will adjust them to fit the new game-play elements. This includes restructuring of the type-chart, changed base stats, adjusted evolution levels, and simplifying the IV/EV system to appeal to both new and old players. All the old Pokemon are set to appear, but will be distributed greatly among the three versions. They're emphasizing trading, and using the 3DS, trading Pokemon with people around the world is easier than ever.

* Less plot-focused than previous games, more "free-roaming", but Gyms and the Evil Team still appear. It's an evolution of the Pokemon World (to fit in with the switch to 3D), as it's set after a major time-skip following Black and White 2...the new "Region" is actually a space colony reminiscent of those seen in anime such as Gundam and Nintendo's own Metroid. There's a large hub city which is the focal point of player-and-player interaction, and then multiple "biospheres" within the colony where Pokemon are raised, and where the Gym Towns are located. The biospheres open up as players obtain badges, leading to new free-roaming areas with more Pokemon. This setting, and the time skip, is being introduced alongside the changes in game-play elements to usher in a new "dimension" of Pokemon, you could say.

* A new Type is being introduced, called "Digital", but that's the translated Japanese name and it may be different when localized. Digital-type is "neutral", no weaknesses, resistances, immunities, but when it's the secondary type (there's only one planned Pure Digital), it doubles the weaknesses/resistances of the base type. Fire/Digital is 4X weak to Water, 1/4th resistant to Ice. There are many new Pokemon being introduced, not as many as Unova, including a handful of Digital-types and plenty of new evolutions of old Pokemon that have appeared following the time skip. Due to this, they'll be new evolutions that occur naturally.

* The mascot of the game is the only Pure-Digital Pokemon, it's actually the successor to Eevee...it doesn't evolve from it in-game, but was constructed using Eevee as a base. It resembles Eevee, except more reptilian and sleeker. It'll be debuting in the Eevee Mini-Movie, and is set to be revealed next week alongside the titles since it's a major player within the game. It's actually the lone Starter Pokemon, and all players start with it...its three, branching evolutionary forms are actually the Box Mascots as well. Utilizing the 3D models, this Pokemon has a unique and ambitious evolution system where its look will slightly alter depending on how you raise it, meaning that each player will end up with their own version of it more or less.
Three games released simultaneously? Digital Type? New Eeveelution?
What do you think of this rumor?

blue

gucci
Years
Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire remakes would be a great move financially, they would most probably eventually outsell Ruby & Sapphire. HGSS have already sold over 10 Million copies and that comes close to the total sales figure of Ruby & Sapphire so I could only imagine RS Remakes would go a similar way, especially going by the demand that's behind them. Even if they didn't sell as much as previous remakes, they would still make millions regardless.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I really hope it's RSE Remakes. If it isn't, what else could it be? O_o

That rumor was already confirmed a pile of crap.

I guess so, and I can detect one flaw
* The game is in full 3D, although many of the backgrounds mix in hand-drawn models like old N64/PS games did, think of like the drawn backgrounds in Final Fantasy VII-X for an idea of what it looks like. All the characters and Pokemon, the ones used in PokeDex 3D, have models.
Game Freak said that the Main Pokemon Games will be sprite based for as long as they can.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I really hope it's RSE Remakes. If it isn't, what else could it be? O_o

I guess so, and I can detect one flaw

Game Freak said that the Main Pokemon Games will be sprite based for as long as they can.

Generation VI, the one thing that's on most peoples mind right now.

blue

gucci
Years
The thing on my mind is RSE Remakes. It would be too quick to move on to Gen VI

As much as I'd want RS Remakes right now, it would be worth the wait to have them fully utilized on the 3DS. There have been two occasions when a Generation has lasted for three years rather than four, I don't think it's too early.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
This is where many of the Gen 3 fans are coming from. They saw the Remakes of HeartGold and SoulSilver, and said: "Hey, Third gen should get a Remake soon too in Gen 5 or Gen 6". And thus the Speculation of Gen 3 Remakes began.

I started off in Gen 1. I was not impressed with Gen 2. Gen 3 got me back into Pokemon. A different Region and finally different Pokemon, that were not Pidgey's and Rattata's. It had a fresh feel. We finally broke off from the base of Kanto and Johto and were traveling a new land.

I for one loved 2nd gen as well as the originals, because it fixed so much broken stuff and introduced many things like item holding and breeding, things that are pivotal to the game nowadays. To me, 3rd gen felt like, ok, let's totally forget about the old Pokémon, because we've got a new bunch of Pokémon which artistically have nothing to do with the former (not saying they aren't Pokémon... if it's in the game, it's a Pokémon) in a new shiny land far, far away from the old regions. Yet ironically, Hoenn is in the same universe as the old regions anyway (as well as Sinnoh).

Sounds all too familiar. It's what people are saying about Unova nowadays. Except Unova had the benefit of the much improved 4th gen battle system, with the physical/special split, and was freely compatible with 4th gen games, as in you could easily transfer Pokémon over to BW. Whereas in 3rd gen, all my old Pokémon from Gold were put to waste because of system incompatibility. The old Pokémon included in RS weren't all that interesting either. I think only Skarmory was of note.

Doesn't help that 3rd gen is my least favorite set of Pokémon. I always end with the same team, because the options don't appeal to me. The region itself is good, though, despite the excess of water routes and Water Pokémon. There's more to do in Hoenn than Kanto and Johto combined.

The same feeling you have about 3rd gen, I have about 4th gen. I was disappointed enough with 3rd gen that I told myself I wouldn't play a new Pokémon game again, and would stick to the old ones. That is, until I tried Platinum. :D

P0kelegend said:
Wow, you are sadly mistaken. They still sold over 13 million units Worldwide, probably even more than that by now. Yes, they were the worst selling Pokemon games but do you not realize why? R/S were hurt by the GBA which was the worst selling handheld gaming system by Nintendo. If the GB/C was the worst selling system, then its likely that Red/Green and Gold/Silver would have been the worst selling games. R/S were still the highest selling GBA games (with Emerald coming in 3rd), so to say they wouldn't be wise financially is incorrect.

Remakes are easy cash for GF and Nintendo, simple as that. They make a few changes here and there while mainly just updating the graphics.

I must say, the mistaken one is you. Remakes are never easy cash, they have to be very careful when changing something.

You have a conservative remake, like FRLG, and an aggressive remake, like HGSS. FRLG weren't good remakes IMO because they changed so little and the only really new thing was the addition of the Sevii Islands, which I felt wasn't enough. It's almost as if Gamefreak thought the mere idea of a remake itself would sell the game. Well, back then it did, FRLG sold very well, but the games haven't aged very well. They're easily the worst main series games post Advance era. They're a good base for hacks though.

HGSS, on the other hand, had a wonderful base to expand upon. GSC was a project too ambitious for the original Game Boy. If it had originally been made for the GBA, they wouldn't need remakes at all, because Gamefreak could've put everything they wanted there. Instead, the GB limitations left us with a game that was a major breakthrough in the series, yet fell short in many areas. HGSS patched almost everything bad about GSC, and was grounded on 4th gen mechanics. It was one of the best Pokémon games ever, as a result, and you can bet it'll still be a great game in 10 years.

Now imagine if they had just changed "something here and there" in HGSS, as you say, while just updating the graphics. I have no doubt the games would flop. People would still buy them, because, you know, fans are like that, but it would be rated badly and not fare well against Platinum at all.

Hoenn is a difficult game to remake IMO, because Emerald exhausted the possibilities with it. There isn't anything they could add to the game to make a purchase worthwhile. Also, you can get all the Hoenn Pokémon, including the legendaries, in DPPt/HGSS/BW(2). The other remakes were created mainly because you couldn't get many Kanto/Johto Pokémon in RSE and DPPt. If we see something in Hoenn again, it might even be a new adventure.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I must say, the mistaken one is you. Remakes are never easy cash, they have to be very careful when changing something.

I'm sorry, but you are still mistaken. Remakes are MUCH easier cash than brand new games. Simple as that.

There isn't anything they could add to the game to make a purchase worthwhile.

Why jump to conclusions like this? They can very easily add extra areas and small islands around the water routes in Hoenn. There are lots of things they can do.

Hoenn is a difficult game to remake IMO, because Emerald exhausted the possibilities with it.

I can agree with this, but I still think its possible for them to edit the story around it. I also believe it is possible we could just get an Emerald remake next year in 2014 for Emerald's 10th anniversary. It would save them having to go through the story in R/S to change things and make them fit.

The other remakes were created mainly because you couldn't get many Kanto/Johto Pokémon in RSE and DPPt. If we see something in Hoenn again, it might even be a new adventure.

This excuse I see people throw around all the time is what annoys me the most. I'm almost certain most of the Johto Pokemon were available when HG/SS were remade through FR/LG and D/P/P. Kanto Pokemon were also available because of FR/LG. They make remakes for nostalgia and cash, not because 'oh no, so and so pokemon aren't available so lets remake an entire game just so people can get them' - they remake them because of the profit. If you couldn't get many of the Pokemon, they would likely just put a lot of them in the next games instead of making remakes JUST for obtaining Pokemon. I believe its a reason yes, but not the main reason. The main reason = profit.

blue

gucci
Years
Regardless of how they make it, I can guarantee you that Ruby & Sapphire Remakes would make millions, any main games that they have made have always sold successfully and I'm sure some of those have flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back