• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
@NUFCbenARFA yes there is the mystery garden in the hack as well as the bulbasaur evolution event.
But remember you should have a bulbasaur for that event.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Hi meta. I have a request/suggestion. When you release a new beta, could you put up a sign where it ends signaling that this is the end of this beta version? It is kind of confusing because I can't be sure if I can't go on becuz I'm in the wrong place, if its the end of beta, or a glitch. Thank you

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
I've got a major bug. When I get to the Lost Lapras episode, when I try to move the old lady out of the way, my game crashes. It either shows a glitchy text box, goes to a maroon screen, or just freezes on the screen with me facing the woman's back. Help please? I've done all the episodes prior by following the actual anime episode list. My current party is Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
@ATLooney. Everybody gets the glitch. There are two ways to solve. Download v4.1 or 4.0 Change the name of the save state from v4.2 rom to match the name of the v4.0 or 4.1 rom. Play this one instead and get past that part. Than save and change the save state back to the previous name from v4.2. That should fix it. The second way is to use a walk through walls cheat. This is much easier. This is what I used. Most gba emulators have a cheats tab. If you are playing on a computer it should be in the toolbar. If you are on your phone, press menu and there should be a cheats tab. Just go there and add this cheat. 509197D3 542975F4 78DA95DF 44018CB4. This will allow you to walk through the trees on the side of the building. After this disable or delete the cheat, otherwise it could ruin some events

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hi Metapod23 i want you to continue the hack its great can you upload a video on youtube how to hack firered for pokemon ash gray please reply
I Think Metapod23 You Should Continue This Hack Till Unova Region Following Ash's Events and this will be a great hack and complete its as fast as you can
Thanks Homeless87 I had the same problem
I just wanted to know, what is the latest event right now? Because I just battled misty with the wild golduck and don't know what to do next.
@lalalola2011. Try downloading the beta 4.2 and changing the name of the save state to match the name of the ash gray 4.2 rom
DO NOT MULTIPLE POST!

I just wanted to know, what is the latest event right now? Because I just battled misty with the wild golduck and don't know what to do next.
The end of beta is in the place with waterfall.

How far is Meta planning on going with this hack (like series wise)? I would love him to go to the end of Ash but that would probably cost to much time. Anyway thanks for making this and I'll be waiting for the next installment :)
'till the end of Orange Island arc.

Can I evolve my pigeotto to pigeot at anytime? I'm at the magician event where charmander evolves
It's best to have a Rare Candy and evolve it into Pallet... but you can evolve it into league if you don't want to battle Ritchie... as you need Pidgeotto to battle him.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
i hear allot of guys asking if meta can make pokemon games throughout the unova region, but this cant be done by 1 person as meta makes almost every episode into the game. However i hope meta will make a johto anime game because no 1 has made 1 before unlike a kanto game.

Maybe he could hack soul silver that would be awesome. Another thing I think meta has done a wonderfull job with this game I would suggest we donate 5 dollars each to support him, its the least we can do right? I know it is supposed to be free but little donation for a great game is not weird @all

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Just a glitch/cheat I'd like to share with everyone for acquiring Master Balls to make catching wild Pokemon easier. This is in the latest 4.2 Beta (pretty sure may work in earlier as well), Before you compete in the Pokemon League, once you acquire the Hatchet head over to the area northeast of Pallet town using the calm swimable river where the area to access the Orange Islands is using your hatchet.

Inside the store is a raffle, speak to the woman behind the counter and when she offers for you to enter the raffle choose no, when you do, you'll either get a Master Ball or a Great Ball. Keep spamming B (occasionally pressing A to clear the message about getting the pokeball), and after a while you will be stocked up with a lot of free Great balls and Master balls. For about every ~4 or 5 Great balls you receive, you'll receive 1 Master Ball.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
well, I believe I ended my game before getting to the Pokemon League. When I acquired my raft, I didn't go in the order of events as they should have, jumped around the map, didn't explore the "Rock Tunnel" much, nor used the video phone outside the entrance. Instead went straight to the 1st movie to battle Mewtwo, Lost my raft and I believe lost the ability to enter the Pokemon League, in addition I failed the Pokemon League Exam (maybe this plays a part as well?), however I have beaten all gym battles, including Viridian City, explored every city, village, forest, explored every single house, building, event, etc over and over, and Officer Jenny still blocks the path to Victory Road and Indigo Plateau, Ash's mom has provided the Warp System, All Professor Oak says when spoken to is asking if i want my pokemon back (Muk was given to professor Oak).

So I can only assume due to losing the raft, I am now unable to unlock the Pokemon League? I may have missed something between Cinnabar Island to the Rock Tunnels?

Thus, I believe this is a game ending bug/oversight that may need to be remedied in a future update?

Possibly add a location for the Warp System to teleport you to get access to the Rock Tunnel and possibly the island with the Slowpoke and Surfer, etc? that, or the raft shouldn't be lost when doing the 1st movie event or possibly the old man who gives you the Raft could give it to you again when ever you lose it?

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
How do you get Kingdra in this hack? (Can you?) I tried giving the dragon scale, but that doesn't work.

since Ash does not get one I doubt that you should get one :P

But: I have no idea how I can win that race against the 1st Orange Crew Gym Leader. Can someone explain to me how I can beat her?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hey meta, I'm interested in starting hacking, but I'm totally new at it and have none of the skills or programs required. I have an idea, maybe you'd be interested in it, maybe not. But if you could pm me that would be great! Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
@AmazingCharizard. I don't believe there is a special way to win. All you have to do is actually beag a certain time. If you keep trying and can never seem to win, you can try using the walk through walls cheat to go through the course without colliding with rocks.
Walk through walls gameshark v3/action replay code - 509197D3 542975F4 78DA95DF 44018CB4

Years
hi Metapod23 i want you to continue the hack its great can you upload a video on youtube how to hack firered for pokemon ash gray please reply

I Think Metapod23 You Should Continue This Hack Till Unova Region Following Ash's Events and this will be a great hack and complete its as fast as you can

Thanks Homeless87 I had the same problem
If you really want to learn how to hack ROMs than there is a whole section of ROM hacking tutorial here. Check it out for your guidance

Years

i hear allot of guys asking if meta can make pokemon games throughout the unova region, but this cant be done by 1 person as meta makes almost every episode into the game. However i hope meta will make a johto anime game because no 1 has made 1 before unlike a kanto game.

Maybe he could hack soul silver that would be awesome. Another thing I think meta has done a wonderfull job with this game I would suggest we donate 5 dollars each to support him, its the least we can do right? I know it is supposed to be free but little donation for a great game is not weird @all
If you really wanna spend 5 dollars, be a Supporter and donate for this website where you get to play Ash Grey

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Hey guys. BIG fan of Ash Grey. I found it on 4Shared. BUT i had no idea it was this big! Anyway. How can i get the newest version for my Android AND keep my save file? I LOVE this rom and i dont wanna put all my work to waste! Also. Im using the MyBoy Emulator if That matters

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So I can only assume due to losing the raft, I am now unable to unlock the Pokemon League? I may have missed something between Cinnabar Island to the Rock Tunnels?
Raft lose is story-line event... it cannot be due to that...

But: I have no idea how I can win that race against the 1st Orange Crew Gym Leader. Can someone explain to me how I can beat her?
Just remember the easiest route without any detours and go through it.
That will let you win.

AlienhunterX, would gladly do that tell me how I can
There's a big orange button "PayPal Donate" next to name of the thread...

@alien: Triple post...? Really? :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I think i have a very good Idea for Metapod23, when he releases his Final Beta. He should make a secret Dungeon which isnt included in the Anime, and put an Extremely dangerous Pokemon Trainer in it like Red in Crystal, but by extremely Dangerous, i mean EXTREM. He should have 6 Pokemon on Level 100, which are perfect balanced.

Just for the Fans, a Enemy which is a worthy Opponent. A Reason why a Pokemon above level 60 makes sense. That would be great!!!

Back