• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blood type?

What type blood are you?

• Total voters
Years
I am just curious to know the percent of poke community blood types. I am a little bit excited because I just donated blood recently and found out my blood type (AB+) and learned what is the blood type distribution of the population. Also donate blood you can save a life especially if you have the super rare type. Another thing has anyone donated plasma? Now they want me to come in and donate some.

Sirfetch’d

Is it bad that I have no idea what my blood type is? If I recall correctly it is a+ but I'm honestly not sure. Had it tested today though for a checkup so I'll find out and update once I get my results back!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
According to my blood donation from high school, I'm an O positive. Apparently it's the best type of donation for its compatibility.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Everyone should find out what type blood you are. You never know what kind of situation might arise when you need to know that info.

I'm O-. Universal donor, donated blood five times woot woot!

Years
I'm O+. Most of people I know outside family of course have similar blood type. I tried to donate blood several times, but always failed because of something...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
It's a lifetime ban in America if I recall if you're gay. Which is unfortunate, but with some merit. Pulled from NBC:
"Even with a clean bill of health, a gay man is considered more of a threat to the blood supply than a straight man who was treated for chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, venereal warts, and genital herpes within the past year."
That's unsettling, true or false.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
I am just curious to know the percent of poke community blood types. I am a little bit excited because I just donated blood recently and found out my blood type (AB+) and learned what is the blood type distribution of the population. Also donate blood you can save a life especially if you have the super rare type. Another thing has anyone donated plasma? Now they want me to come in and donate some.

I have no idea what blood type I have. But it really doesn't matter much to me since I am prohibited by law from donating blood due to the fact that I am a sexually active gay man. My organs are also similarly rejected for donation for the same reason. So even if I wanted to donate blood, no one on this planet will ever get a drop of mine since I refuse to stop making love to my boyfriend, or husband if he and I ever get married..

Years
I'm not exactly sure on my blood type, but I believe it's O. Can't say for sure if it's positive or negative, but that's what my parents told me when I asked them if they knew what my blood type was.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years

O+ here.

They want everyone to donate plasma, at least everyone who is a good candidate.

I donate plasma and platelets once a month, and give blood twice a month. I used to see it, but now I donate it to the Red Cross. Note for those in need of cash, there's good money in selling blood.

Donating platelets takes about two hours to do, and donating plasma takes about an hour. Maybe. It different for everyone.

Platelets are the really important bit here. Since once donation can only be stored for five days the demand is high as it is. Plus not many are willing to sit for two hours with needles in them. But I would always suggest donating platelets because they are so important. They're used for cancer patients and infants.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm O. Don't know whether if positive or negative. Never donated blood before and never planning to because I have trypanophobia (a fear of injections). The sight or even the mere thought of needles piercing through the skin sends shivers down my spine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm A+. In more ways than one!

I thought this was cute so I was going to read it aloud to my boyfriend and then I realized that this joke only really works over text.

Years
I'm O type, but I can't remember if + or -. I voted minus in the poll but now I'm unsure... whoops.

It has been ages since I last donated blood (over 5 years), which I hate. Initially I couldn't donate due to medication I was taking, but then I had to go to Papua New Guinea for my work and because of relapsing malaria over there I can't donate blood for 3 years since my last visit (at the moment that means not until November 2016 - unless they send me back).

The annoying thing at the moment is I can't even donate plasma because I haven't done it before and they need you to have recently donated blood to start donating plasma... I'm thinking of calling the red cross to convince them to take my blood to prove I can donate plasma and just destroy my blood sample.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Because you'd say positive instead of plus, right?

Yeah in my head it went like:

"So on this post on PC the thread asked your blood type and this guy said 'I'm A positive in more ways than one', but it was a pun, you know, cause A positive looks like A plus, and...yeah..."

Back