• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What starter type(s) are the best?

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
These are some pretty good starters Rock>Fire>Steel
Do something like Larvitar>Magby>Aaron.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
In my hack, I've got the classic Grass-Water-Fire triangle dual-type with Dark and the rival starts with a Tyrogue.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2008
i wanna see a hack with psychic ice and fighting or instead of ice dark:D

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
i wanna see a hack with psychic ice and fighting or instead of ice dark:D

that won't work, that throws off the whole triangle.

psychic will be effective against fighting, but then what? Fighitng and ice are equal, adn ice and psychic are equal.

There are triangles taht work, which is why dark is there.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
that won't work, that throws off the whole triangle.

psychic will be effective against fighting, but then what? Fighitng and ice are equal, adn ice and psychic are equal.

There are triangles taht work, which is why dark is there.

Actually It's like this:
=: Regular effective +: Super Effective -: Not Very Effective
Psy + Fight + Ice = Psy = Ice = Fight - Psy

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
I Rather Fancy the PSY>FGT>DRK Triangle. It sounds likea good idea but if your making a hack can't you just Pick three starters that work well, and edit them to fit the triangle you pick?

I mean if you pick a starter set Say Machop , Abra , and Seedot.

Well you would want to make it so that Machoke and Kadabra dont need to trade to evolve. You would also want to edit Abra's level five moves to include to say scratch.

You would also need to tone done the Seedot's line grass moves and make seedot a dark type.
Edit there attack tables to be similar to other starters as far as progression goes.

Then you would need to even out the Exp gain and the required amount to levelup.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Of all the starters, i like Typhlosion, Swampert, Secptile.

It think the Grass/Fire/Water types are the best choice since it has a circle advantage.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I think
maybe Rock>Flying>Grass would work ;)
(ex. Geodude>Pidgey>Oddish/Bellsprout)

But I also like when there is two similiar
Pokémon (Nidoran(F) / Nidoran(M) or Minun / Plusle)

And also.. NEVER EVER put some thing like
Entei/Raikou/Suicune as starters that would
ruin their "Legendari-ness".

//44tim44

KaniTheri

The Lopunny Queen
Years
I would actually like to a fighting/psychic/dark starter combo

I've been gunning for that since gen two, actually. I've always been mildly disappointed that it's always stuck, with rare exceptions such as Yellow, to the old Fire/Grass/Water setup. F/P/D would rock.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
How about making starters that aren't generally weak/strong against eachother, leaving it to whatever pokemon you generally like best?

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
Its better if Lighthing/Fire/ice for starter cause its like zapdos,articuno and moltres.

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
Years
I agree with black phantom, why not just make cool looking pokemon that dont really have a weakness against each other? I mean, its really simple to get a fire/water/grass type pokemon in the wild, and that pretty much takes over the idea of the rival always having the uper hand.

Generally though, i think new pokemon, err i guess we call them fakemon here, are better. I like to see pre-evolved forms of pokemon, and i also like brand new pokemon that are actually cool looking, and not all weird looking... like say, huntail... that kind of pokemon is annoying.

Also, Mareep IMO sucks as a starter type. But, i am a guy. Girls might like Mareep, but idk. It doesnt appeal to me.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2008
Suggestions of starter trios:

Water-Grass-Fire (the classic)

Psychic-Dark/Ghost-Fight

Rock-Fight/Grass-Flying

Electric/Grass/Bug-Ground-Flying

Rock-Fire-Steel

Grass-Poison-Ground

Ice-Flying-Fight

Water-Electric-Ground

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I actually don't care- I just choose the cutest one...
But, for pokemon without weaknesses, why not make the starters Spiritomb, Sableye, and a fakemon that's Ghost/Dark? That's for hack and I do want credit.

~YX

Back