• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Is there any way to make the window's on houses light up during night time?

As some Day and Night programs allow you to select the pallettes in each time phase, I'm sure you can edit the colour the windows of the houses are at night easily. People have managed it before, but I don't know how, but I'm guessing with the Day and Night programs with customisable pallettes.

@Notf - It may be possible, as nearly anything can be hacked. ASM may be needed, but just because no-one has found it means it is impossible, just not discovered yet, for different reasons.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I want to confirm something. You can't hack Tile Event Behaviors, can you? As in, it's impossible to locate and edit Byte Behavior 83, meaning you can't edit the PC. I've done some searching(Both on the form, and Google), but I found nothing, so I'm assuming that it's not possible. I could have been just looking in the incorrect places though.

if you find the offset that points to the script, yes, you can

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
hello, Can any one tell me the pallet offset of Battle BG for Fire RED. Grass, water, sand, rock etc All of them. Please...........

*sigh* That is so easy.... All you need are 2 simple tools, VBA and APE. Have fun and good luck doing your own work, or if you still insist on other people doing stuff for you get on google.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
this question may be asked around thousand times, what is the offset of the pokemon in the old man catching weedle?

i did search but no avail.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
this question may be asked around thousand times, what is the offset of the pokemon in the old man catching weedle?

i did search but no avail.

I think I came across that before on google before I found this site, but I couldn't seem to find it again. All I can say is google it, sorry that isn't much help, but that is all I can think of.

miniPOJ

Champion
Years
I can't get this script to work.
When I talk to my sprite the game freezes. (but music continues playing)
What I want to happen, is you talk to her, you get a simple smelling flowers message.
When you receive the pokedex and talk to her u can fight her.
Once you've fought her (and talk to her again after) a different text is displayed. (but can't be battled again)
I've probably made this question harder than it needs to be but here is the script.

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1211
if 0x01 goto $talkinn
checkflag 0x0829
if 0x01 goto $battleme
message $lol
$lol 1 = MAY: I'm just looking at\nand smelling flowers, tehe.
boxset 6
release
end

#org $battleme
lock
faceplayer
message $intro
$intro 1 = MAY: \v\h01!
boxset 6
message $battle
$battle 1 = I almost forgot.\p\v\h01! Did you want to battle?\pAlright then.\pBe warned.\nI won't take it easy on you.
boxset 6
trainerbattle 0x09 0x002 $win $lose
$win 1 = You're better than I thought.
$lose 1 = Hah, you didn't stand a chance.
message $afterbattle
$afterbattle 1 = MAY: You appear capable.\pI guess I'll raise my POKéMON\nmore for next time...\pSee you around!
special 0x0
setflag 0x1211
release
end

#org $talkinn
lock
faceplayer
message $after
$after 1 = MAY: Keep your eyes\nopen for me!
boxset 6
release
end

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :D

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
@above
no

what are the following UnlZ-GBoffsets and NSE offsets in Emerald for: Boot Screen, all titlescreen stuff, HP box, battle text box, text box and that's all I need for now

Years
I made some level scripts, I click add on Advance-Map and put the offset and the variable in the flag section. When I try it, the level script won't work but if I put the script over the one of Prof. Oak in the main PALLET TOWN it works.
I think I couldn't add a level script cause there already are 2 levvel scripts.
If you know what I have to do, tell me please ?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
@ X-Buster:
Here's a link
http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=sSbVuz7RU0k
A youtube user called "TheJambo51" gives the answer to your question.

Really, on Google this was the first result to the research (simply write: pokemon firered offset old man weedle).

Why people hate Google?
thanks mate.

and for your question, it because some people are just too lazy to search.

another question, what is the exact syntax in bl(branch with link).
i wrote "bl $0807f690"
and i get "bl $08810022"

i wrote "bl 0x07f690"
and i get "bl $0888
f690"

Last edited:

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
How can i make a script that gives the national dex at the beginning?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
thanks mate.

and for your question, it because some people are just too lazy to search.

another question, what is the exact syntax in bl(branch with link).
i wrote "bl $0807f690"
and i get "bl $08810022"

i wrote "bl 0x07f690"
and i get "bl $0888
f690"

I suppose you're working on ARM: try to give a look here (you can find branch instruction at page 17).

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
How can i make a script that gives the national dex at the beginning?

I use this in my hack :)
You simply use these commands in XSE:

setflag 0x829 //This enables the Pokedex
special 0x16F //This enables the National Dex

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
I use this in my hack :)
You simply use these commands in XSE:

setflag 0x829 //This enables the Pokedex
special 0x16F //This enables the National Dex

I just started scripting, so this migth be a really noob question :paranoid:
- But where should i put that? Should i just put it in a give item script or?

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2010
Map Connections Questions

Ok, so I couldn't find an answer. Here goes:

Say I remap route 19 and Cinnabar Island. I want to change where the route connects to the town, and make it smaller.

That's simple enough, yeah? But here's the question.

How can I make it so I DON'T have to restart the ROM from the beginning to make sure the connection works? Because I don't want to have to play through the game EVERYTIME just to get to the connection.

Q1: Is this a patch?(Doubt it)
Q2: Can I just change the Movement Permissions to go through the routes to check it?
Q3: If not, how can I do this?

If you don't understand my question, sorry... I'm not very good at explanations.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I just started scripting, so this migth be a really noob question :paranoid:
- But where should i put that? Should i just put it in a give item script or?

You should go through this XSE Scripting tutorial by diegoisawesome.
Click Here

You'll understand it if you read through the tutorial :)

Ok, so I couldn't find an answer. Here goes:

Say I remap route 19 and Cinnabar Island. I want to change where the route connects to the town, and make it smaller.

That's simple enough, yeah? But here's the question.

How can I make it so I DON'T have to restart the ROM from the beginning to make sure the connection works? Because I don't want to have to play through the game EVERYTIME just to get to the connection.

Q1: Is this a patch?(Doubt it)
Q2: Can I just change the Movement Permissions to go through the routes to check it?
Q3: If not, how can I do this?

If you don't understand my question, sorry... I'm not very good at explanations.

I'm assuming you're using the VisualBoyAdvance emulator. Is so, then do this:
Make a savestate WHILE YOU ARE IN THE POKEMON CENTER on Cinnabar Island. (Click File>Save Game>whatever slot you want)
Then, make the changes in Advance Map.
Next, open the ROM again in VisualBoyAdvance and click File>Load Game>the same slot you saved it to.

It should load up your game in the Pokemon Center on Cinnabar. Then, you can walk out, and the changes should be there! You have to make sure the savestate in a building or other map, otherwise the changes don't really work.

Hope that helps. I had the same question when I started hacking.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Is there any way to get the x and y position for a sprite on the map, similar to the getplayerpos command, but for a particular sprite instead? I know there's no direct command, but I'm hoping there might be some sort of code to get the info from where the x/y position of a sprite is stored and store it in a variable.

thia12

Eternity Mapper
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
You should go through this XSE Scripting tutorial by diegoisawesome.

Thanks man, helped me alot!

EDIT: I cant figure out how to save it rigth tho :/ I know, really nooby lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back