• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In your opinion, best playstation 1 game

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'll try not to count ports (which would exclude Lunar and Tactics Ogre), but Chrono Cross is probably my first choice. I love everything about that game; the music is legenday, story is great, and the gameplay is pretty fun too. FFIX, Tales of Destiny, and Xenogears are up there too. Sadly, I never played the console while it was relevant.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
The ps one is one of my least played systems, and I haven't complete any game yet on it. From what I've played, Final Fantasy IX and Rayman 2 are my picks.

FrankOcean

OFWGKTA ALL DAY
Years
Any of the Crash Bandicoot games. I'd loving playing the first game by myself, and sometimes when I'd have friends or family over I'd play Crash Bash with them.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
If I had to pick just one...I'd say Medieval. The second game was good as well, but I loved the original. The fantastic voice acting, the humour, the soundtrack, the character of Sir Dan...I was very glad for a PSP port when it came out.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
Final Fantasy Tactics.
Enough Said.

The sole reason I have a PSX emulator on my PC is to play that game.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I loved the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series', but ultimately the best game ever was Harvest Moon: Back To Nature. The hours - no, days - I wasted on that game are dumbfounding. It's just so unbelievably addictive.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Final Fantasy IX, Digimon World, Chrono Cross, and Digimon World 3 are my favorites.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Syphon Filter series.
Crash Bandicoot series.
Tarzan
Spiderman 1-2

I can't decide between those 4. Those were my favorite games as a kid.

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
Tons of good games for the PS1! Here are some of the ones that I think deserve to be recognized:

Driver (series)
Dino Crisis (series)
Gran Turismo (series)
Crash Team Racing

Sometimes when me and my brother are hanging out in my basement, we like to hook up the PS1 and play Crash Team Racing for hours. :P

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I loved MegaMan X4 and X5, wish my X4 was still working. Other than those, CTR, YGO:FM, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy would be some of the few that I love :3

GrimmReaper

Glaceon Lover <3
Years
First place for me would have to be Oddworld: Abe's Oddessy. Fantastic game. Second goes to Crash Team Racing, and third to Dino Crisis 2. All three of which I still own, just can't bring myself to throw em away.

Years
Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear solid are the two most obvious choices, but...

Spider-Man, Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue, Tarzan, and the Spyro games would be my choice for the best.

Back