• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

"What? No... It's not him... I... Er..." Brian said, getting all tongue tied again. He had his doubts that he could beat Calnith. And to be honest, he really didn't want to see him again. He didn't even know how to say what was really bugging him. He tried to smile.

"It's nothing... Really," he said quickly. He was making such a mess of everything. This was not good. He shook his head again.

Thyme

Thyme scowled at Jub. She was starting to get pissed off now. But upon hearing what Snype said, she sighed. That was not the answer she had wanted. This was supposed to be about the two of them, not Jub. She didn't even notice Jub had already walked away.

"Fine! You two have fun! I'll just be off doing something else!" Thyme said before storming away. This had been a total wreck. Stupid Jub had to come ruin everything. She had just begun to enjoy herself too. Bah. She wasn't even paying any attention to where she was going anymore. This night was turning out like her day had been, terrible.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Of course. Jub heard what Snype had whispered. He forgot about how good his species hearing was... Jub had walked off to go chat with a couple of Bunary... not only that, but Thyme was fairly pissed as well. Crap. Ball and Chain? They were dancing... it was only natural to have some alone time. But Snype seemed to have really blew it. Well he had to get info about Sel somehow. Maybe that wasn't the best time for it but Snype still cared for his trainer.

"Wait! Guys!" Snype said. He quickly turned to Thyme who had been storming off and went after her. "Thyme comon wait a second!" Snype called out as he ran after her. "I'm sorry about Jub and all. I was just looking out for Mark... his whole friendship with Sel and everything is going in shambles and I'm afraid something bad is gonna happen when we get back to the academy..." Snype said with a sigh.

"...alright so I blew it back there... sorry. Why don't we try this again...?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Geneviève

Geneviève giggled at Maxwell's confused look but blushed a bit at what he said next "Well then, I guess I'll have to come up with a cute nickname for you then, my love." he laughed a bit and they kept twirling around the dance floor. She smiled a bit more looking so happy. He was a much better dancer than he said he was. "Love you Maxy" she whispered.

Vaper
Vaper thought for a moment before smiling at Drizzle "sure I would love to" she said smiling a bit more "I have time for one before I have to get back to Adria. Poor ten year old's lost without her Pokemon and I'm the only one she brought from the Academy."

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme did not stop. As Snype caught up to her, she turned her gaze to him, still walking. She glared at him through eyes so narrowed they were almost closed. She listened to what he had to say, but didn't much care. He had asked her to dance, so his only focus should have been her until it was over. He could have simply asked Jub to wait until they were done dancing, but no. Showed how important she was to him. She gave a little 'humph' and turned her gaze away from him. Even now, he was still going on about Jub.

"If it's so important that you had to interupt the dance, then why are you chasing after me? Humph, if it's so important then why not go talk to Jub some more," Thyme said nastily as she sped up her pace.

Drizzle

"Perfect. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Lovely Vaper, I promise you, this one dance will sweep you off your feet," Drizzle said as he bowed to her. When he straightened back up, he simply smiled and offered her his paw. No triumphant look at Wilson, no cheering. No, he was a gentleman, and he was going to prove it.

Megaman765

Years
Snype shook his head and continued to walk after Thyme. Her temper sure hasn't changed... Snype gave off a serious look on his face.

"Hey comon Thyme. You know very well I still care about you. But my trainer needs help too and I gotta help him out as well. I'm sure you'd do the same if Bri was in a tight situation with his friends. I can't abandon my trainer. You know that very well... you weren't there when Mark battled Sel." Snype said to her, still following through the crowd of people. Nothing escaped his eyes. He wouldn't lose sight of Thyme anytime soon.

Nideous

Years
Thyme stopped and gave a low warning hiss. How dare he bring Brian into this! Brian had nothing to do with the current situation! She turned around and glared angrily at him.

"Don't you DARE bring Brian into thiss! He hass nothing to do with thisss! But ssincce you have, fine then! If the ssituation wass reverssed, and it wass ssomething to do with Brian, I would have at leasst waited until AFTER the dancce wass done! Ssure, it wass awfully rude of Jub to jussst busst in on our dancce, but did you not think that it would be even moressso to jusst carry on a converssation IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCCE!? You could have assked him to wait until you were done... Or heck, you could have assked me to hold on a bit sso you could talk to him. But no, you didn't. You jusst ignored me like I didn't even matter anymore! Go. Look after your trainer! I've got better thingss to do! And even through all thiss, you sstill haven't even thought that maybe you sshould ssay sssorry," Thyme said, near shouting. She shook her head, her eyes starting to water. She turned away before Snype could notice and began walking through the crowd again. She felt bad, but something about just yelling and letting out all of her frustration and anger made her feel a little better. And at the moment, she was so angry, she didn't care who she yelled at. She'd probably regret those words later, but right now, she was past reason.

Megaman765

Years
Snype sighed. To think he had this to deal with... Thyme was sure a piece of work. Though he supposed she had a point. Snype should have focused on the dance... though he was pretty focused on getting info about Sel. He could have saved it for later... it wasn't Jub's fault or anything but Thyme was getting angry again.

"...Alright. I'm sorry. Yeah I got out of proportion I've just been really worried about Mark recently. I didn't ignore you! If I did I would have stumbled my steps when we danced. I was still focused on you." Snype said. He wasn't sure where Thyme was going. Snype guessed they were going around aimlessly or something. Thyme was still the same Ice Queen as before. Snype felt hopeless at the moment. This relationship thing was harder then he thought.

Nideous

Years
Thyme suddenly stopped. This was stupid. She was getting worked up over nothing. Of course Snype would want to look after his trainer. And he had a point. She looked at the ground, deeply saddened by what had just happened. She didn't want to fight with Snype.

"... I ssupposse I might have... Over reacted a little bit... But sstill. It wass very rude. I guessss I could have taken it better... It'ss my fault..." Thyme said, a little sad sounding. She hated when she got mad. Especially when she got mad at someone that didn't deserve it. Especially even more when she got mad at someone she really cared about over stupid stuff like this. She was eight years old. She was supposed to be more mature than that.

"Sssorry... Even if it wass rude, I sstill sshouldn't have sssnapped like thatt..." she mumbled, the first time that word had passed through her mouth since she could ever remember. She felt horrid. How could he like her after that? She wouldn't blame him if he just walked away. She simply stood there, on the verge of tears, trying to think of something that might make things better.

Megaman765

Years
Snype sighed and gave Thyme a relieving smile. He walked over to her and held her right hand with his.

"Calm yourself... your making that hiss noise again... I can tell your angry when you sound like that. I'm not mad at you. I was a little out of line myself. I could have waited a little longer. Nothing's gonna happen to the guy anyways." Snype said as he approached her and held Thyme into a hug.

"Don't sweat it! It's in the past. We all get angry over silly things sometimes, and we all make mistakes as well, guilty as charged. Kehehe, it happens. Hey, I'll make it up to ya for being so rude in the future! Trust me!" Snype said. He had a great idea on what he could give her after the dance. She would have to love it... if he could find what he intended to give her that is.

"Let's get these troubles out of our heads... if your still up for dancing that is. Unless you have another idea..." Snype said. He wasn't really sure of what else to do besides sit down somewhere quiet and talk.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Gen and his pokemon smiled happily while humming to Zemda's music. They liked it and admitted that Zemda's voice was quite good.
"I could listen to this all day long! It's very pretty hearing it, and fun too!" Gen, now humming along to Zemda's tune, didn't realize that Shock and Darrumel now started a fight.
"That hurt, you little spider! Now I've got webs all over me." Said Darrumel as he chased Shock under the tables and removing his Electrowebs.
"Hahaha! Catch me if ya can!" Shock said as he scurried arpund everywhere.

"Stop it you guys, you'll hurt yourselves! CupCream, Icicle Spear, go!" Gen ran and caught up with the two as CupCream shot frozen spears at Darrumel and Shock, trapping them. "Return!" said Gen as he returned both pokemon into their pokeballs.

"Thanks CupCream, your aim's getting better. You would usually scrape the two with it." Praised Gen as he returned CupCream back to her pokeball.
Gen took the a bottle of water from his pocket and drank it all up. He petted Zemda on her head and said, "Wow, What would've happened if you hadn't withdrew Arcino there, it would've became a 3-way fight Quinn!" said Gen.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Sam couldn't believe Xavier was apologizing. He just waved his hand, muttering "Whatever" as he walked away from there, obviously mad at everything that had happened. He was pretty sick of everything, and obviously flustered after everything Xavier had done. He felt like punching him, but of course, now that he had said sorry, everything was null and void.

He walked away from the crowd, feeling quite sick. He didn't feel like hanging around people now that he had been humiliated like that. His day was ruined, this was definitely one of the worst days of his life. There was nothing that could change that now, he might as well stay low and see people enjoying themselves now. Why did he even agree to go on this trip? It was pretty stupid. He walked over to a place far away from the crowd, far away from the dance floor, and settled into a chair, keeping his head low, sort of meditating.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
This is a joint post between Vincent and Calnith. Vince is blue Calnith Red

Calnith Sol NeverWindandVincent Xackford Luna

It seemed that Valorie had enough attention on her so Vine had wondered off to the side and sat down up against the wall with Shade on his lap. He was thinking about so many different things. His fight with the champion, what Calnith was up to and his relationship with Selene. Thinking of Calnith wasn't really the big thing running through his mind but he was wondering what made the kid so angry at the world.

Calnith had wondered off to the side of the room standing with his back leaned up against the wall. He was standing with his Croagunk wondering what kind of approach he made in destroying Team Rocket but still keeping his promise to the darn Snivy. Calnith didn't know all of the Snivy's friends so he figured he could bend his promise a bit if they ever got in his way but Calnith knew he had to make his pokemon stronger. He looked to the side of him and saw Vincent, the only one he wasn't sure hated him or not. Everyone else did so Vincent probably did to. Calnith really didn't blame him though despite Calnith feeling he was a bit at the wrong place at the wrong time. How in the world was he suppose to know what was going on with the Snivy but whatever. He was going to go talk with Vince but his pokegear was ringing.

"Hello?" He said answering it. At first he didn't hear anything but a crazy laugh followed by a Tsk tsk tsk.

"Calnith it seems that you don't want anything to do with Team Rocket anymore," The voice said which instantly frieghtned Calnith. It wasn't Taylor so who could it be.

"Who is this?!" He asked the nervousness and fear in his voice was obvious. The voice only laughed.

"All you need to know is I'm apart of Team Rocket and Taylor has informed me of your little attack on him and we don't take things like that lightly," The man said. Calnith eyes then widened as he remembered Shinryu and Colossus had attacked Taylor but how did he know it was him?

"We'll have to inform your parents of your bad behavior looks like we'll have to make a home visit to really get to you," The man then started laughing and then hung up. Calnith then dropped his pokegear, they were going after his family?! How in the world did they figure out it was him and where he lived? Calnith then remembered Taylor was a childhood friend and knew were Calnith lived.

Vince had heard everything, he then looked over to Calnith with fear in his own eyes. They were going to attack his home?! This was serious! No more games or rumors about Team Rocket being here! Vince was now sure the man he fought with was a Team Rocket member and apparently he knew Calnith.

"Hey Calnith right? You really need to talk to a teacher or the police about Team Rocket," Vince said as he got up and walked over to Calnith.

What did he hear? Calnith was now frightened that Vincent would squeal on him and get him tossed into jail or something. Maybe Vince is just trying to mess with him yeah that's it.

"I don't know what you're talking about kid go away before I hurt you!" Calnith growled.

Oh Vince wasn't going to have this tough guy act now, thing were serious. Vince then grabbed Calnith by his collar and brought him closer to his face.

"This is no time to act tough!" He shouted shaking Calnith by the collar. "You're family is in trouble and you want to keep up this stupid "I'm the best" kind of attitude!?"He questioned shaking Calnith some more.
]

What in the world?! Vince was the only one so far that wasn't trying to kill him and he sounded actually worried about Calnith's problem. The red haired trainer was at a lost of words this kid was right. It was still none of Vincent's business.

"Let me go kid it's none of your business!" Calnith roared. His eyes the darted to their corners looking away from Vince to the ground. "Besides what would you have me do anyway?

Good it looked as if Xack had gotten to him a bit. He wasn't mad at him for what happened with Thyme Vince really didn't think it was all his fault. What would anyone do if they got surrounded by people who wanted to hurt him at the moment. Calnith was still in the wrong though and could have handled that situation with a little more grace but what happened, happened.

"You know what you do! You man up swallow all that ignorant pride of yours and go ask someone for help before it's to late!" Vince shouted shaking Calnith some more. Anyone could hear these two yelling at each other.

"Who the hell are you to tell me how to handle my business!?" Calnith shouted now glaring at Vince with all the hate he could muster. As Calnith started to think about it he really didn't care what happened to his parents or family for that matter they could all die for all he cared.

"I don't care what happens to them!" As he said that he saw Vince's facial expression, it looked shocked but angry at the same time. "All they've ever done in my entire life is push me and push me. Nothing I ever did pleased them no matter what! Why should I care what happens?!" He shouted looking around to see some other kids staring at them.

Xack was absolutely shocked that Calnith really felt this way and he wasn't going to have it. "IDIOT!" Vince shouted as he lunged his left fist at Calnith punching the red haired trainer in the face banging him up against the wall.

"No matter what happened in the past with your family they're still family! Family helps one another especially when their lives are threatened and you think they deserve to die because of your anger towards them?! How stupid can you be?!" Vince angrily said.

"I know no body here likes you and sometimes I can't blame them you can be a real jerk Calnith but despite all the things you have done and are probably going to do you will always have family. And to top it all off you have one friend," Vince said as he looked down to Calnith who was sitting up against the wall. The black and white haired boy then bent down and extended his hand to Calnith.

"You're one friend can be me," He said smiling at Calnith.

The punch was unexpected and it really hurt. As Calnith slid down the side of the wall to eventually be sitting on the ground leaned up against it he was shocked by Vincent's words. He must have a really strong bound with his family to feel this way. It still didn't make any sense to him though why did he care?

Calnith was also taken back by Vince's comment about him being his friend. Calnith felt as if he was a little kid again, a quiet little kid that did what his parents wanted and never really had friends. He would refer to some people has childhood friends but they were mainly just people his parents made him talk to so he could make friends.

He took his hand and was quiet for a moment. It was the first time in a while anyone really stood up to him like that. He then felt a single tear run down the side of his face which made him look away from Vince.

Was he crying? Vincent didn't think Calnith would ever show a emotion besides hate. "Hey man no need to get all moody with me man up!" Vince laughed as he smacked Calnith on the back and started laughing.

"Now we really need to figure out what to do about your parents," Vince said as he then walked off to find someone to help.

Calnith had laughed when Vince said what he said. Wait did he just laugh? Not an evil laugh or a sarcastic laugh a really laugh because something was funny. How did this kid of this much of an impact on him and they're polar opposites. He then remembered the phone call and followed slowly behind Vince.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene
"Okay...well if you're sure..." said Selene with a slight frown as she danced around. She wanted to push Bri further – if he wasn't worrying about Calnith, then what /was/ he worried about? She could tell that something was bothering him...she fell silent for the rest of the song, torn between wanting to pester Bri until he came clean and figuring that he would tell her in his own time if he wanted to, and that dragging secrets out of people hadn't worked so well for her up to then...
The song stopped and people began applauding the band on the stage. Sel grinned down at Bri and kept him steady for him to step off her feet safely.
"Well that was fun! Thanks Bri...so...you sure you're okay?" she asked, thinking that maybe he would be more willing to tell her if he wasn't stood on her feet being danced around in circles.

((Joint post between myself and Fuyu - Chapter 1 - Skye and Brogan dislike each other immensely XD Brogan is in purple, Skye is in green ^_^))

"Cuh-home on Sih-Ciel," Skye called through the door. He shook his head a little, tugging at his tan collar. He disliked formal wear of any sort, which was why he had no tie to speak of. He wondered why Ciel was being so determined about this. It wasn't like a tuxedo -or whatever the kid was wearing- would stop him from hyperventilating."I-him shuh-sure you luh-look fine!" Ellie sat on his shoulder, a little blue bow around her neck. Her violet eyes blinked at him owlishly and at the door.

"Easy for you to say," Ciel mumbled, buttoning his blazer up nervously. "You're not from Lavender Academy. You don't have to impress anybody." He pinned his old school crest on his right side. He really didn't either but he was worried. His school was improperly funded, had been for years. It had just hit him impressing these people could get them a grant they so desperately needed. And so far panicking in the corner had not gotten him anywhere. His fingers trembled visibly as he clipped his Pokeballs to his belt again. Chika crooned, floating behind him. Sighing a little, he checked himself carefully in the cracked mirror again, flattening his hair desperately.

Skye shook his head as the boy exited. He would never have guessed Ciel worried about these sorts of things. Then again, he had just thrown a fit at the man who had attempted to help dress him. Hopefully the man hadn't received a concussion and that mirror could be replaced.

Brogan emerged out into the ballroom to a series of astonished gasps from those closest to the door – well, her custom-made dress was absolutely perfect, and her personal team of stylists had just spent 2 hours on her hair and make-up...she was polished and preened to perfection. Tossing chocolate, glossy curls over her shoulder, she smiled brightly as she made her way through the crowds to tap her Father on the shoulder, grinning widely as he turned around and smiled down at her.

"Darling, you look stunning as ever," crooned Mr Houghton-Taylor, embracing Brogan lightly and kissing her cheek. Brogan smiled and shrugged conceitedly - yes, she knew very well how stunning she looked. The antique gold strapless gown she wore was fitted, emphasising her curves to just above her knees, where a chiffon mermaid-skirt draped out to the floor with a slight train curving behind her, covering her black patent Louboutin stilettos. Ultimately - she looked gorgeous, but she knew it.

"Thank you Daddy, you scrub up very well yourself. I do love this lilac tie, perfect compliment for your skin tone. Anyway, I see that the vultures are demanding your time," she trailed off, arching a perfectly lined, filled-in brow over her smoky, dark lined eyes as she cast a glance over Mr Houghton-Taylor's shoulder and saw his cronies and clients waiting to take his time. "I'll leave you be for a while, I need a glass of Champagne anyway. Love you Daddy," she smiled, before turning and leaving. Mr Houghton-Taylor smiled as he watched her go - she was a spoilt brat, but that spoilt brat was his Princess.

Skye glanced behind him at Ciel, who was following him nervously through the crowd. Rama padded after them both, carrying a happily dressed up Pala. Rama was too cool to dress up, naturally. He had attacked the stylist who tried. Ciel managed a shy smile and Skye had the sudden urge to make a disturbing comment. However, it was rude and Ciel probably wouldn't have caught it anyway. Skye gave him a casual little wave. Ellie was crooning at the nearby Chika, the Togetic flying between the two boys.

Rama paused to growl a little, glaring at a girl who passed. Skye frowned and followed his eyes. He sighed and shook his head. It was just Brogan. This was her father's party; they'd end up running into each other. But would she be civil? He snickered a little at the idea.

Ellie rolled her eyes gently and nuzzled Skye's cheek. She had seen Cam, who was clutching a glass of cwhat had to be soda and talking cheerily to a brunette. Walking over to the larger man, he grinned a little. "Fruh-friend of yours?"

Cam glanced down and laughed, clapping a hand to his head. "Yes little brother. This is Caitlin, invited guest of mine." The woman looked at the younger boy and yawned a little.

"Charmed," she said after a moment before a small, slightly devious smile made its way to her lips. "You're the well-behaved one."

"Deh-hepends on huh-who you ah-ask," Skye replied happily, pulling Ciel from the tide of people. "Thih-his is Ciel." Ciel mumbled a greeting, looking down at his feet.

Caitlin smiled a bit. "A Psychic boy... you pick interesting friends."

"Luh-learned it fruh-from him," Skye replied, pointing at his brother. The elder chuckled and looked around, seeing Mr. Houghton-Taylor in deep conversation. Well it looked deep, Cam doubted it was. He was tempted to be rude and interrupt but Skye was right there and would bash him into the ground, in public or not.

"...so you see, Steve, /that/ is why we need to widen out our interests in Sinnoh! We have a decent market coverage but if we don't snap up the assets with /potential/ now then we'll end up-"

"Thank you, Josh, but could this not wait until tomorrow morning?" asked Mr Houghton-Taylor, the smile on his face was bright but completely forced as he hissed through his teeth at his colleague - even today, the one day of the year when work was pure /fun/ they wanted to talk shop. Then again, that ethos was why he had hired them in the first place...he clapped a hand on Josh's shoulder and nodded. "Good work. But I need a drink. I'll catch you and the guys later," he moved off toward the refreshment table - purposefully not stopping to speak to anybody whilst he walked, though he flashed wide smiles and 'hello's everywhere he went before stopping in front of the refreshment table.

"I'll have a sparkling mineral water, with crushed ice, please" he indicated to the woman on the other side of the table, looking round as he waited for his drink. Brogan's decor palette had certainly turned out impressively...

Skye looked around for the drinks, feeling the agitation rolling off of Ciel. "Stuh-hay here a muh-hinute whuh-hile I go geh-get some leh-hemonade." He walked off quickly toward the refreshments, trying to dodge people. He reached the table and bumped into a tall man with mineral water. "Uh-su-horry," he squeaked out, stepping back. He paled a little, recognizing the man in front of him.

"Suh-Sorry!" he exclaimed again, looking concerned. He hadn't felt the hit but he hoped he hadn't hurt Mr. Houghton-Taylor. Rama padded up at this point and growled a little before Ellie shushed him from Skye's shoulder, staring up at the man with a vague curiosity.

"Not a problem..." he said kindly, looking down at the boy in front of him, noting that he looked very familiar indeed. "Ah! I know why you look familiar, your Cameron's brother, correct?" he asked, passing his water from one hand to another before holding his right hand out to Skye.

"I'm Steven Houghton-Taylor, CEO of HoTa Corporation," he introduced himself - yes, he knew that any self-introduction after the whole Expo was completely redundant, but it seemed a good way to break the ice with the boy. He seemed nervous after all - a typical reaction from most people when they met him, particularly when they had just bumped into him.

Skye smiled a bit now, reaching out to shake the man's hand. "NUh-hice to fuh-finally meh-meet yuh-hou. Cah-ham ih-his ruh-rah-ther com-com-complimentary of you." He examined him, examined the power. His pendant was quiet behind his dress shirt, easing his tension. Honestly, the thing about Cam was a lie. Cameron gave the man grudging respect, little else. Skye paused a moment to think of something to add as he took a quiet breath. "Yuh-hou are quh-hite a guh-good eh-hex-ample for oh-hordinary people."

"Thank you Skye," nodded Mr Houghton-Taylor, accepting the compliment gracefully. "Cam is a very talented trainer. He knows that whenever he is ready to take a step back from Pokemon Training he has a job with my firm should he want to take it. So, Skye, what are you hoping to do with yourself when you graduate from the Academy? Follow in Cam's footsteps? Forge your own path?"

Skye smiled faintly. "Cah-ham can't suh-save from a pih-piggy bank," he said honestly, which was sadly true. Cam was terrible with almost everything to do with figures. "Buh-hut I'll reh-reh-remind him." Skye thought for a moment, debating how to answer the man's question. He supposed it wasn't going to get him in trouble for saying so. "I-hi will be Wuh-horking on the Nuh-new Pokedex ah-ah-and then going tuh-to the Ranger Uh-Academy." he knew by the time his research was done his Pokemon would probably be very tired of running around. "I-hi want to Beh-be a ranger wih-with a the-team.

"Then I suppose I'll have to get him a people-orientated position, there are plenty of those in my firm to go to the right people," he laughed, nodding to Skye. He raised his eyebrows in interest as Skye described what he was planning to do after the Academy. "A Ranger, hey? A very worthwhile career choice. Working on the new PokeDex, that will take some time though, it is a major project. I remember when the new Hoenn PokeDex was brought out, it was a huge project, not to mention all the glitches and hitches that made it last 4 times longer. In any case, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours...I am living proof that you can make it if you have the determination..." he paused thoughtfully and stroked his chin lightly, watching Skye, scrutinising him with interest.

"You know...should you require any collateral for your research, I would be very interested in discussing numbers with you..."

"Thuh-Thank you suh-sir," Skye said honestly. He remembered all the issues that had come from the past Pokedex. The first two had been simple, but as time passed, they had all needed upgrades. The upgrades needed more before the year was out. It was quite a long task. "I huh-had tuh-ho Stuh-start already," he admitted, clutching at the strap of his bag, which he refused to leave behind. "You weh-were a guh-good example fuh-hor me."

Rama was quiet even as Pala squeaked happily on his back. Ellie purred at the older man, meowing politely at him. Skye suddenly heard te rest of the man's words and flushed in surprise. "I-i'd beh-be veh-veh-very grateful," he managed. "Thuh-thank you suh-so much!"

Mr Houghton-Taylor wasn't the Director of one of the largest Corporations in the world for nothing - the tightening of the grip around his bag, the flushing, the hurriedly rushed thanks, already having started on the PokeDex...surely he had his research with him. But neither was Mr Houghton-Taylor a ruthless man - unless said measures were called for with some of his more unscrupulous opponents - so he wouldn't pick Skye up on it.

Instead he nodded and smiled slowly. "Not to mention it, as I said at the start of the day, HoTa is all about encouraging young talent and advancement, it's good to see someone so young taking the Tauros by the horns so to speak. Now," he slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out his PDA, falling silent for a moment as he tapped around on it before nodding. "I'm fully booked for the next few weeks, but I'm sure that three weeks from now I should be able to set up a meeting, we can talk figures...I could have a word with Professor Oak, get you some special leave from school to be flown here to meet?" he questioned lightly, not wanting to put too much pressure on the kid.

From the side of the hall, Brogan frowned - when her Father pulled out his PDA it meant something business-related was going down. With /that/ kid? With Skye? Was he /serious/? She coughed, removing herself from the clutches of the handsome Suicune dorm boy who had asked her to dance and smiled at him.

"Please, excuse me for a moment," she said quietly as the boy visibly melted before her - typical, males were oh so predictable - and strode off towards her Father and Skye. She was determined to stop this before it began.

Skye thought about it. This man was almost the most powerful, if not the most powerful in the business world. He would have a tremendous advantage with this man's help. Contrary to popular belief, there was an unspoken competition for what young minds were going to develop the new Pokedex. The current models were useful of course, but it was more stumbling of old ground. The new ones and their upgrades were more useful than people would ever think, and it took quite a bit of brains to work on it alongside the professors. Also, not only would it be an advantage there, it would also help him understand aspects of the process he was well aware he didn't know.

To be honest, the man's praise had flown right over his head. He avoided compliments habitually, having heard way too many about his brother to consciously filter anymore. Skye knew the dangers, one of them being the man's daughter as a thorn and his schoolwork dropping possibly. Oh well. Battling was something he enjoyed, something he was decent at, but he would probably never be Cam nor wanted to be. He would learn all he could of course. That was just his style. Raising his head toward Mr.Houghton-Taylor, he smiled brightly. "I wuh-would luh-hike that veh-very much sih-sir."

Skye was vaguely aware someone was coming closer, not that it was Brogan. Rama had begun to snarl softly, and Pala let out a confused cry. Ellie silently twitched her ears and ignored the snobbish girl, Soothe Bell still chiming around her neck. She was not worth the trouble.

"Fantastic," smiled Mr Houghton-Taylor, locking his PDA and slipping it into his jacket pocket with a satisfied nod. "I'll get my assistant to set up the meeting and send word. I'm most excited to see where you will end up, Skye...oh, hello Darling," he frowned slightly, contradicting his smile as he embraced his Daughter tightly as she appeared beside him with a wide smile.

"Hi Daddy...I just wanted to have a word with my friend Skye, if that's okay?" she asked pleasantly, smiling brightly at Skye, though her eyes blazed so furiously as she stared at him that it was surprising his head didn't explode. She stepped away from her Father, as he nodded and put his hands in his trouser pockets.

"Of course Darling, Mr Oddell and I have finished our conversation anyway I believe. Have fun," he kissed her cheek lightly before moving away, and Brogan's expression instantly turned furious as she folded her arms, looking Skye up and down with evident hostility, scoffing at Rama as he snarled.

"Trying to worm your way in are you Oddell? Let's just say...I wouldn't continue this burgeoning correspondence with my Father if I were you. Things might just get most...unpleasant..."

"Thuh-hank you ah-again sir," Skye said to the man as he left, pointedly ignoring the glaring in his direction. He had seen the faint displeasure the man had displayed at the sight of his daughter interrupting. Skye supposed that was common for someone like her.

Seeing her fury, Skye frowned slightly. He really didn't understand what he had done this time. To be fair, he had instigated their whole mutual dislike of each other, but he had pretty much left her alone afterward. She could hold a grudge couldn't she? Wait, oh wait she had threatened him. Despite himself, the boy started laughing. That was pathetic, truly. He had almost nothing she could hold leverage on him over and anything she could was protected by two people that she had no chance of convincing, ever. Why was she even saying this anyway? "Ah-Are you jealous of muh-me?" he asked honestly, genuinely curious as the laughter faded. "Thah-hat's aw-awfully chih-hildish, sih-since heh-he gah-gave me theh-he offer. Huh-How would thah-hat affect yuh-you?"

Rama looked like he was about to rip off the girl's dress. Skye whistled softly, the Zorua relaxing a little. "I duh-don't like you beh-hecause yuh-you're fake. And I wuh-wouldn't threh-threaten you uh-over this ih-hin yuh-your position. Yuh-You're nuh-hot a good eh-example for the Huh-HoTa company..." Skye trailed off and waited. She was rather pathetic to be quite honest.

Brogan laughed loudly, almost hysterically as Skye spoke. After a little while, she managed to calm herself but a bright smile stuck on her face as she set both hands on her hips, shaking her head slightly.

"Jealous? Of /you/? Whatever would you have for me to be jealous about? No, no no no...I just immensely dislike you," she shrugged, tilting her head to the side as she surveyed Skye, somewhat as though he were an interesting display in a museum. "Silly boy...you have no idea what you are getting yourself into, do you? One day you will look back on this and wish that you had taken my advice, I know it,"

Her lip curled as she looked down at Rama, looking quite like the Zorua's mere presence was dirtying the floor around her designer shoes. She looked back up at Skye as he whistled and continued to speak.

"Fake? Well, perhaps. But we're all a little fake when we have to be, aren't we. In my position? And you would know what that is how? You know nothing about me or my "position"...or else you wouldn't say that now, would you? My Father may well be HoTa now, but anyone who is anyone knows that I am HoTa's future. And people like /you/ have no business here. He may seem rags-to-riches lovely, but my Father knows this too. You're so.../naive./"

She paused and looked Skye up and down before shaking her head, stepping backwards, smirking at the boy in front of her.

"You'll find out the hard way, I'm sure. In any case, I'll enjoy watching and causing the fallout. Have a good night, Skye Oddell," she curtsied to him before turning and walking away from him.

She reached into her bag and felt her fingers brush over the device that would win her this war. Her smirk widened.

Skye smiled sadly, watching her go. You poor, stupid child. "I-hi geh-guess weh-we agree oh-hon one thuh-hing," he commented casually. "Weh-he duh-don't uh-hunderstah-hand each other." He shook his head. "I hah-have suh-some things you duh-don't. Freh-Freedom. Ah-hand respect. Yuh-hour fah-hather luh-loves you buh-hut you've dih-dih-disappointed him hah-haven't you?" And you shouldn't call me naive for trying to understand something I haven't grown up with you insolent brat.
"Whatever!" Brogan sang back over her shoulder, not even bothering to look at Skye as she headed off. She had heard his words. But, as strange as some would find it, they didn't register on any level in her mind. Literally in one ear then out the other. Ultimately? She just didn't care, what Skye, or her Father, or anybody thought of her. Her future was set, she was going to have as much power as she could ever need, she would never want for anything. Her Father would never cut her out of that, even if she committed murder or an equally heinous act - not that she ever would, but just to illustrate the point.

Shaking her head, she smiled at people as she passed, looking for one person in particular who could prove useful to her.

Cam had watched this whole thing with a mixture of amusement and concern. This girl was gOing to be the next CEO? Boy the company was in trouble. He smiled a little and shook his head. Should he intervene? Nah... Oh hell yes he had to. It was just only right for the business community. So he looked around a moment, grinned at Caitlin and Ciel, and walked toward the business executive he struggled to respect. "Hello mr. Houghton-Taylor sir," he greeted casually when he approached from behind. "Fine and dandy shindig here, fine and dandy. Now I am hoping I am not overstepping my boundaries here but I happened to catch your daughter and my brother in an awfully concerning conversation. Normally I'd be quiet and let two kids duke it out but since your company could be at stake here I felt I should bring it up. Your daughter was incredibly rude." cam disliked beating around the bush.

Cam smiled a bit now. "She was rude and threatening, which being protective of my sibling as I am, set bells ringing. How do I know? Well that's a bit of a secret that is better left behind doors. Now I will not tell you how to raise your kid. I'm dumb but not that bad. Plus it's rude and I really think you should hit me if I do. But I am going to say impartially that threatening inferiors is a risky venture, especially if you don't have all the cards."

"Now I am not sure what can be done about it but there is someone I know who can cheerfully keep an eye out for you. She's going to be teaching at the Academy very soon. And my suggestion is to give your daughter an ultimatum: pass my pal's classes or perhaps, a certain position could be in great jeopardy." Cam smiled again. "It's your choice sir. I am just telling you what I saw and what I would do. Skye is smarter than I am and probably wouldn't say a thing, but I'm a big mouth. And I like to sow Chaos wherever I go."

Mr Houghton-Taylor turned when Cam spoke to him and nodded slowly in response to his greeting - he had always liked the Unova Champion, found him to have great potential. He listened to him speak, expression impassive, to an outsider it would almost look bored. When Cam finished he simply watched him for a long moment before nodding with a small smile.

"Thank you Cameron, you did the right thing by bringing this to my attention. But I am already well aware of Brogan's...in their current form, shall we say, faults," he stopped enigmatically with a smile, as though refusing to share any more information on the subject with Cam quite politely, as though he had overstepped his boundaries in bringing up such a personal matter in a way that suggested Mr Houghton-Taylor was blissfully unaware of his Daughter's misdemeanours. No-one knew Brogan quite like her Father after all.

"I'm sure your contact is most capable and will make a wonderful tutor at the Academy, but that will not be necessary. And as for spreading chaos," he stopped and smiled, though the smile did not quite reach his eyes, "I'm afraid you will need to find some other means to do that. Though preferably not on HoTa Corporation property, agreed?" he asked lightly, but there was a firm undertone to his voice that could not be mistaken very easily. Ever the diplomat, Mr Houghton-Taylor was as pleasant, polite and courteous as ever, quite the rarity in the world of business that he had decided to play in.

Cameron grinned casually. He did not stumble in the slightest. "Sir, I'll be quite frank: I don't quite know how to cause such chaos on your grounds. If I do I'm certain it will be quite by accident." Cam felt his smile widen. "I have the vaguest idea that I offended you. You will do your best as a father can and will I can tell." he sighed a little. "Perhaps I'm just jumping at shadows and my brother doesnt have too much to worry about. Ah well." he smiled brightly again. "Did my duty I suppose. Enjoy yourself sir and watch out for Joltik! They're pesky in the stormy times." he beamed happily and went to go bother his date. Skye glanced through the at Mr. Houghton-Taylor and gave a quiet, polite nod before going to yell at Cam.
Laughing, Mr Houghton-Taylor clapped a hand on Cameron's shoulder and shook his head slowly. "No offense taken at all, none at all. You were looking out for your brother, it is commendable, but I'm telling you that there is no need to worry. My Daughter is a little...headstrong, and can forget her manners at times to say the least, but I have it covered. I'm Steven Houghton-Taylor," he said suddenly, raising an eyebrow with a small smirk, "Of course I have it covered. Anyway, good to see you Cameron, enjoy the rest of your evening," said Mr Houghton-Taylor, bidding Cameron farewell. He nodded to Skye with a smile before turning away when they were no longer looking. He looked through the crowd and caught the eye of two large security guards, whose eyes never left him. With a small, surreptitious nod, they turned on their heels and moved through the crowds. Mr Houghton-Taylor sighed and smiled, gesturing for another sparkling water from the barmaid.
MEANWHILE:
Mr Houghton-Taylor's security guards had been subdued, watching the exchange between Vince and Calnith. When Vince walked off, before Calnith could follow him more than a few steps they strode right up in front of him, blocking his path with their sheer bulk, looking down at the boy from behind their sunglasses.
"Excuse me, you need to come with us," one of them stated in a deep voice, the clenching of their hands into fists enforcing the fact that they had given Calnith an order, not a suggestion.

HunterZero

Years
Calnith Sol NeverWind

"Wait.....what for?" Calnith said as he tried to see Vince. He could see the boy but it seemed even if Vince tried to the guards would just stop him. Even if Calnith wanted to do anything more guards would just show up. He noticed Kento tensing up.

"Calm down Kento," He said putting his hand on his Croagunk's head. He wasn't sure what was up but he would comply no need to get into a fight right now.

"Fine I'll come with you," Calnith said hoping that everything would be alright.

Nideous

Years
Brian

"Uh... I think so... That was fun..." Brian said as he stepped back. He looked around and saw Nova dragging the crutches over. As Brian got himself steady, Nova grinned up at him.

"If you don't tell her, then I will," Nova threatened. Brian shook his head. He didn't know that Sel wouldn't be able to understand what Nova said, so he decided not to call his bluff.

"Um... I... I guess it would be ok... Um... I just get... Er... Really nervous around girls... That's all. I'm alright... Just how I am I guess..." Bri said, trying not to make a big deal about it. He was going to kill Nova later though. Nova simply shook his head. Bri needed to be more confident. He smiled good naturedly at Sel.

"But... Um... Thanks for the dance. It was fun," Bri said happily.

Thyme

Thyme shook her head and wiped her eyes. She turned and faced Snype again.

"No... I don't have any other ideass. But a dancce would be nicce... If you sstill want too, that is," she said, with a slight smile. She was glad Snype had seemingly forgiven her. Honestly, she didn't quite know why she had freaked out so badly. But it was over now. Granted, she was not having a good time anymore, but perhaps that would change by the end of the night. Maybe if she actually got to finish her dance this time she would feel better. She smiled and stepped close to Snype, her arms open.

Quin

"Heh, I still want to battle you. But we should wait until after we get back to the academy!" Quin said as Zemda beamed from the praise. Logana leapt up to her head as Quin relaxed on her back. It was taking every once of self control he had not to go off on a tangent. He could tell Gen was freaked out enough by him as it was. He watched as Gen got control of his rowdy pokemon.

"Yeah, Arcino would not have been good to add to that mix. He takes things way too seriously. Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out what to do. I don't have a date..." Quin said good naturedly.

"Mainly because you're too crazy for any girl," Zara taunted. Quin frowned.

"Shut up Zara! That is not it!" Quin said. He shook his head as Zara's laughter rang out inside his head.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Jonah could deal with two boys trading heated words over a girl especially one as attractive as Valorie. But it wasn't so much that one guy brought his Pokegear to the dance that he minded...it was the fact that a punch was thrown. With speed and reflexes that reminded everyone that he was in fact a Trainer in a past life, he hurdle-jumped the buffet table in stride and was over to Calnith and Xavier in a flash, a look of indignation written all over his face.

"What in the name of Arceus is going on between you two?! Vince, I saw you throw that punch. I am escorting you out of here right now, young man!" With that, he grabbed at Vince's left wrist, aiming to escort him away from the soiree for such a flagrant infraction. Luckily, the general experts were on hand for the battling portion of the field trip, so they couldn't be far off. He intended to drag this guy right to Mr. Stone's doorstep in Mossdeep City if he had to, but with teenage tempers flaring, there was every chance that this would erupt into a brawl.

SelenaStar

Years
Brogan
Hearing a knock at the door of her private dressing room, Brogan set her glass of champagne down on the table in front of her, dismissing the maids who had been tidying away discarded clothes, shoes, make up and hairpieces. As they left, Brogan stood and turned round, leaning back against the desk as the guards ushered Calnith into the room. Ah. So that was why Daddy had advised her to take a breather in her dressing room.

"thank you boys, you may wait outside the door," she said, falling quiet until the guards bowed their heads to her and closed the door behind them. Brogan watched Calnith in silence with a small smile on her face.

"Hello Calnith. Would you like a drink? Please, take a seat," she offered pleasantly, using all ettiquette she had at her disposal, her manners perfect.

HunterZero

Years
Calnith Sol NeverWind

As Calnith walked into the room he couldn't help but tense up. It was now just Brogan and himself. The guards forced him to return Kento and give them the Croagunk's pokeball.

"What do you want Brogan?!" Calnith growled ignoring her suggestion to sit down and take a drink. "I know you brought me here to talk about something now what is it?!" He asked getting angry.

"I haven't done anything and I'm busy so make this quick," He said now not even looking at the girl.

SelenaStar

Years
Selene
Sel slipped her heels back on and found herself towering over Bri once more...and having her feet pinched not-so-slightly at the toes by said shoes. Oh the pains of style...she looked down at Nova with a slightly raised eyebrow and a smile as he dragged over Bri's crutches and said something to his trainer that had Bri flustered. As he came clean, however, Sel found herself feeling shocked.

The thought of Bri...and girls...she saw Bri so like a little brother it was strange for her to even think of him being interested in girls. She smiled at him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"any reason? All boys school when you were younger or something? in any case, you have no reason to be awkward around girls. We're just the same as you boys, except that we have boobs and can multi-task but whatever. Anyway, want to go get a drink? Dragging you around the ballroom had me all tired out!" she laughed, nudging him playfully.

Brogan
Hearing Calnith's response, Brogan wasn't surprised. Their relationship was frosty at best. She simply smiled pleasantly in the face of his hostility and turned away from him, pouring a second glass of champagne. All worthwhile endeavours took effort after all...she turned back to Calnith and took a step closer to him.

"Now, Calnith, no need for such anger. I have a mutually beneficial proposition I think you'd want to hear. Please, take a seat, you'll be glad that you did." she said, smiling at him and tilting her head to the side slightly. Time for the big guns. "and, you know, considering your current...situation...I think you could use all the help you could get. And I am more than willing to help you, and with all the resources I have at my disposal..." she trailed off, letting the statement hang in the air, awaiting his reaction.

HunterZero

Years
Calnith Sol NeverWind

Calnith was about to tell Brogan she can go shove a railroad spike in a unpleasant area but he then heard her say something about the current situation that he was in. His eyes widened when she said that and his fist clenched. He turned to her with a face of pure rage and all he could feel was the impulse to kill her.

"What the hell do you mean by the current situation I'm in?!" He roared as he walked up to Brogan. They were face to face now and he was going to choke the life out of her if she knew that his parents were probably either being held hostage or dead. He then grabbed her by the shoulders.

"You make your next words carefully or I swear I will end you here. I don't care that you have a personal grudge against me or you think that everything must and will go your way I'm not in to mood for your crap so say what you need to say," Calnith said as he let go of Brogan and kept standing. He wasn't going to sit.

Back