• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold or SoulSilver?

HeartGold or SoulSilver?

• HeartGold

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
I prefer SoulSilver. As far as exclusives go, the only one I really like is Ninetales. But Pokemon Silver was the first game I ever played on a handheld system, so it does have the nostalgia factor.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
SoulSilver, for sure. The legendaries can both be caught so that doesn't effect my choice, but the fact that I bought silver back the does. And cause having Lugia on the box is prettier then Ho-oh.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
heartgold. i like ho-oh. and i played it as a kid (the original gold lol) so i just felt it would make for a more nostalgic experience. though i'm pissed i couldn't get my teddiursa!! lol

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I picked Heartgold just because its the first one and even though I've never played Soulsilver I did play Silver and I thought catching Ho-oh before Lugia made a little more sense, plus I didn't have to train it much since it was at level 70 when I found it.

Otherwise I don't see a whole lot of differences between the two.

RenegadeClyde

....'-'.
Years
I would prefer HeartGold. The first reason to choose it would probaly be the exclusives. Arcanine/Rapidash are my favorite pokémon, and Heartgold has Arcanine, along with other awesome pokémons such as Gligar/Gliscor, Phanpy/Donphan and Mankey/Primeape (I like 'em a bit.) But the choice is hard when you look at Lugia (The scene before battling him is fantastic and the music is insane.) Teddiursa/Ursaring and Skarmory in Soulsilver.

Back