• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox

fight me
Years
Andrew.png

Not sure if any of this is necessary.
Feel free to leave out any parts you don't like.
Spoiler:

Anything you don't like, I'll change.

If you want to leave out anything such as some of the Pokemon or the nicknames that's okay too. :)

Last edited:

Father-nature

I train only the finest
Years
This is amazing, i wish i could make OW sprites like that, i'm still learning to sprite

Edit: where can i find OW sprites? i have been looking everywhere on the internet.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I know its a stupid question... But on what ROM do I apply the ips file to/ How do i play the game

No rom or anything like that, you should be able to just download the game and open an .exe file that will run the game.

Tox

fight me
Years
This is amazing, i wish i could make OW sprites like that, i'm still learning to sprite

Edit: where can i find OW sprites? i have been looking everywhere on the internet.

If you were talking about mine, thanks. :)

Well, there's not much FireRed/LeafGreen OW Sprites for some reason. I based my sprite on the Camper that Meowth provided page 2. I made it from scratch but used the height and width to get the right size. :)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
People who've gotten in, and what they say:

Mike: Why is there a storm brewing just when I get
an awesome invitation?

Josh: I can't believe we're stuck here...
I traveled a long way to battle this so-called great trainer.

Vannah: ...

Link: Oh man, this bites! I'm getting tired of waiting!

Andrew: I can't believe it! This storm is messing with
my chances to see the world's greatest Pokémon
trainer!

Chris: I hate this. This storm is ridiculous!

Oddy: A rather bad storm we have here, but this trainer sounds intriguing. Forward march.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
The file downloaded is an .ips file.. There is no .exe file

I don't how they have their installation set up(which is my guess on what the ips thing is), though Poccil's Starter Kit uses an .exe file to run the game.

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
Years
It is not a hack!!!!
.ips is a rom patch for hacking, this is a pc game which is an executable aka .exe

It plays directlty on a pc!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Thats what I'm trying to say.... There is no .exe file

See i have attached proof if u wanna see

I actually decided to read the rest of that part, that is the patch for when this USED to be a Hack. The game on RMXP has no releases yet.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thats what I'm trying to say.... There is no .exe file

See i have attached proof if u wanna see

read it that hack was the OLD version of MSB the new one is a game that was only put up for a preview

Danno

Years
read it that hack was the OLD version of MSB the new one is a game that was only put up for a preview

Exactly. And it says that lol. Just takes some reading ^^;

Our informative friend outside of the closed pokemon center just got a treat!

Poor old man has to sit out in the rain, so I made him an umbrella. Custom, based on a design by Kyledove.

oldman1.png

oldman2.png

Also, notice the game's icon has changed to a Pikachu! It's temporary, I plan to make it one of Mewtwo's clone pokeballs eventually, but this works for now. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Managed to do what? Send me a PM and we'll talk it out. ;D

New custom battle background.

Custom_Battle_Background_by_Sakujo_Kun.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back