• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
i got a problem that when i run the rom and asks for my name i cant see what i am typing

Edit:Fixed just had to change LCD view to horizontal

Edit2: I dont seem to get xp when i fight

Last edited:

noparlpf

Pokémon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
I've been playing White 2 on DeSmuME with no problems, and I wanted to trade some of my Pokémon (including a shiny Minccino) to my real games. I copied the rom and .sav file to my R4DS (it's a pretty old one) and it keeps loading at the very beginning in the second town, about an hour in. Any ideas how to get it to load my actual progress?

Years
I'm currently playing Black 2 on DesMume
And for some reason have a lower FPS in battles (30-50) then I had in Pokemon White (40-60)

Anybody knows the reason? I mean games are made on same engine and I thought if B\W worked well for me, so B2\W2 would too.

Outside the battle FPS are a lower too, but the difference is like ~5 fps.

Jiggly Jello

DJ Squiggles
Years
Hi, I'm playing Black 2 on No$gba 2.6a. Whenever I use the PC to deposit/withdraw Pokemon, the game lags more and more the longer I am on that screen. I have to exit the PC every 30 seconds or so and return to keep the lag away. Is there any way to fix this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi, I'm playing Black 2 on No$gba 2.6a. Whenever I use the PC to deposit/withdraw Pokemon, the game lags more and more the longer I am on that screen. I have to exit the PC every 30 seconds or so and return to keep the lag away. Is there any way to fix this?
Playing on DeSmuME...
No$ will always be lagging... you may find some Action Replay codes that fix it but I do not believe it's permanent fix.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Hi.. i want to ask regarding my boy emulator. i already play 1vs1 colosseum with leafgreen & firered... how to play 4 players simultaneously? i mean multi battle... is it possible??

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
is it possible to get desmume to connect to a wireless network or does it have to be a direct connect? Every where I read for how to get it to connect ive tried but nothing has worked. ive tried virtual box but I guess the windows cd is needed to run it and im not sure where that is. When testing the connection it says unable to obtain ip address please move within range of access point when the router is right in front of me. any ideas or should I just do a direct connection?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
is it possible to get desmume to connect to a wireless network or does it have to be a direct connect? Every where I read for how to get it to connect ive tried but nothing has worked. ive tried virtual box but I guess the windows cd is needed to run it and im not sure where that is. When testing the connection it says unable to obtain ip address please move within range of access point when the router is right in front of me. any ideas or should I just do a direct connection?
You need Ethernet connection.
And you need special 0.9.7 DeSmuME build that supports Wi-Fi.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
i connected the Ethernet cable to the laptop and disconnected the wireless connection but my emulator still won't connect. it gives error code 52000 move within range of access point. I am using a desmume .9.7 with wifi capabilities. do I have to change the ip and dns information?

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Im sure this asked all the time, but IS it possibly to trade between say, platinum/pearl or platinum/soulsilver or soulsilver/heartgold, basically gen 4 to 4 using any DS emulator? Im using DeSmuMe atm and realize that you will mostly likly need to use the wifi enabled version, if so, is it possible to trade between yourself using 2 open emulators? If not how would i go about doing this?

I know you can trade between gren 3 to 4 using pal park and Desmume and then from gen 4 on to 5 so if i could figure this 4 to 4 bit out would be absolutely perfect :)

Any help would be much obliged!!

J-

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 6, 2014
Okay, so I searched for this and couldn't find help. I need to know why this is happening:

I'm reworking the text on my hack using Advance Text and when I do, it will sometimes affect the texts of others. I mean this as in when I make one person say something it may change the text of what another person is saying.

Can someone help me fix it?

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
I managed to get my emulator to connect the wifi, but my new issue is I wanted to trade a lvl 15 houndour in pokemon black for a lvl 9 purloin from pokemon white. I put houndour up as an offer and went onto my white version to finalize the trade but I can't seem to search for houndour since the block for GHI is grayed out. I don't need to finish pokemon white and get the national dex to make this trade do I?

Last edited:

Bangladeshi

I sell cookies
Years
I don't gain exp points after a battle in Pokemon Black 2 Rom on Desmume 0.9.9!
Is there any AR codes to remove that?and I only need AR Codes for B2,So please stop suggesting other things!!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
I'm trying to trade with myself using VBALink 1.8.0 and between FireRed/Sapphire but I only succeed 5% of the time, and the other 95% I get the "communication error, please check all connections, then turn the power off and on" screen as soon as I walk into the trade room.

I have:
-pause when inactive window deselected
-wireless adapter deselected because sapphire is not compatible with it
-under link options, single computer selected with a link timeout of 15000 milliseconds, although I get the same error with different link timeouts
-If it makes any difference, the priority set to above normal

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

finalrayne

High Roller
Years
I want to be able to record my gameplay without lag when the emulator goes below 100% every recording software I've found the sound gets out of sync.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I want to be able to record my gameplay without lag when the emulator goes below 100% every recording software I've found the sound gets out of sync.
If you're using VBA why not use VBA's built-in video recorder? It's always been a-okay for me!

Back