Believe in the you that believes in cheese

Age 25
Male
Nevada...ugh
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
1,288 posts
8.5 Years

Kenneth Barol: The Un-tempered Enthusiasm of a Champion! Or an immature child.

"Woohoo! Yeah! Flying is so great! When Luna evolves we're gonna fly EVERYWHERE just like this!" This and many other joyful exclamations could be heard throughout the air near the small Celestian port town of Aurora as Jeremy and Kenneth Barol soared through the air on the former's Pidgeot. Jeremy put a hand to his forehead and couldn't help laughing a bit at his son's excitement. "We'll see Kenny, did you know it takes longer to evolve a Dratini up to a Dragonite than just about any other pokemon that evolves?" "Course I do! Who did I listen to blabbing about 'the good old days' more than anybody else?" "Alright boy show a little bit more respect for your elder and as good a trainer as you could hope to be."

Minutes later the quite large bird-type landed and a figure could be seen doing an uncharacteristically acrobatic front flip off it's back and onto the soft earth. Did I really just do that? Hmf...I wonder where that came from. A young man with a Dratini around his neck like a scarf lifted both their heads up. "Alright Celestia here I come! Let's see just what's waiting for me!" He took a big step forward before freezing in realization...he didn't know where he was going. Kenneth walked around for a few minutes, passing what looked like a young couple with an almost scared looking boy being squeezed by an overly buxom girl and snickered. After another short bit of walking he was greeted with a light thump on the head and turned to yell at his agressor.

"Hey what's the big idea? You can't just walk up to some random person and-oh hi...I'm not lost at all." In truth Jeremy had been watching his son wander around idiotically the whole time, he hadn't left yet and Kenneth had forgotten about him only moments after getting off the Pidgeot in his excitement. Kenneth received another light thump from his father before being pointed at what was easily the largest building in the small town...which also had a clear sign in front of it. "Oh...well I suPPOSE that could be the place..." He wasted no time in running inside while his father slowly and peacefully sauntered after him. Upon entering the laboratory Kenneth's bout of absent-mindedness seemed to have left him and he happily greeted the kindly old woman inside right away.

Professor Solaria looked at Kenneth with a pleasant smile on her face. "Oh my, that's quite the fashion statement, does everyone wear pokemon back in Johto." He out on his biggest smile and rubbed the back of his head. "Well, it means she doesn't have to be stuck alone in the pokeball, and besides she's soft and warm." At the complimentary words Luna lifted her head up and nuzzled his left ear and cheek a bit. The Professor was delighted at the sight of a young trainer already bonding with a pokemon. "Well I won't keep you from getting on with your journey but if there's anything else you want to know my assistant Amanda is out and about and she knows probably anything about Celestia you might think to ask." As she spoke she handed him 5 empty pokeballs and a matching Emerald Green Pokedex and badge case eliciting a look of wonder from the young trainer. "Woah...I didn't know any of them were so unique...how'd you know what my favorite color was?" "Lucky guess."

Kenneth made his way back outside and took in his surroundings much more clearly than the first time just as his father walked into the lab and struck up his own conversation with the Professor. He noted the 'couple' was still there and were now on the ground together, bringing another snicker out of him, and that some other girl was playing near the water with an Azurill...there was even a guy who didn't seem to be getting along with his Phanpy very much. He saw a girl putting away what looked like a Lab Coat while some guy moved to speak with her. "Oh...that must be the assistant...oh well on to adventur-" Yet another thump "-Ow! C'mon what's with all the hitting today?" His father put a hand on his shoulder and began to lead him towards the girl and the other boy. "What's with all the stupid today?" When they got near he waved and called out. "Oy! Amanda! How goes it? All grown up I see." Kenneth looked up at his father with utter surprise. "You've been here before?" "Sure, how else would the people who run the league know about me? I'm not THAT famous."
"Ever looking forward, ever thinking back. Everywhere you've been, everyone you've met was another step on your path, shaping your future even as they become part of your past. One must never discount the pieces that have made up your journey until now but to lose yourself in them would be equally great folly, instead let them hoist you up, carry you on until you find the strength to walk for yourself. So it is that I continue towards that endless horizon. Ever thinking back, ever marching forward, inexorable as the history that brought me down this road. This Lonesome Road."