• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPT Character voices

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
How does your character sound? Do they have a high pitched voice? Talk like a cowboy? Are they monotone? How about you hop on over to vocaroo and try your best to give us an idea ;)

Get into character, say their name and maybe say a phrase or two in how you imagine them to sound :)

Years
I don't know about a lot of my character to be totally honest with you. Although I imagine Giron having a surprisingly high-pitched and young sounding voice even though he's a big, green alien lizard in early adulthood (for his species).

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
I read an entire Renegade post and tried to do his voice throughout it, though it isn't too different from mine, just gruffer.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0mpvgdD0ihP

If nothing else this can be taken as a dramatic reading of one of my posts. If you want to hear the part where I actually sound the most like Renegade in my opinion, then near the end there is a section where he is speaking to a receptionist and I feel this is fairly accurate to him.

Post read: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8697099&postcount=11

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
I usually write an accent phoenetically if said character has one. Although, despite doing that, I STILL have no idea what Charlie's (Pokémon Odyssey) is supposed to actually sound like, to the point that I just call it the "Charlie Accent"

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I've recordered some Anima.
The places you here pssst or sssss is where I am indicating where some of the text is there, as in not continous dialogue. He's not a snake. The second voice is Anima. For all of the other ones I tried my best but their not their actual voice just some half-assed attempt at a general. Also I couldn't do a good female voice without botching it.
Unfortunatly, it isn't the best.
This has dialogue from every post from Gunpowder, untill Gunpowder Post 71

Anima

I realise it's obnoxious I will be rerecording a better on. But bear in mind it's meant to be loosely based off Orochimaru

Last edited:

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well I have one character on the go and he uses a breathing apparatus, so I imagine he sounds like darth vader a bit, maybe not as deep I can't say really

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Let me try to do a dramatic reading as Emmett to do his voice. I can't say I imagine him sounding anything like me, and he certainly doesn't have my accent, but, hey, let's try.

Mic quality sucks, and I stumble over my words a fair bit, but it's an attempt at least, haha. It felt like I sometimes slipped in a very bad Joker impression, which I shouldn't, haha. I don't think it reflects Emmett's voice really well, but it's for fun, sooo. The voice in my head is a bit high pitched, very in line with his childish personality.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0LUH3SFw4og

You know what would be fun, if we'd try to voice each others characters. It'd be interesting to hear someone elses interpretation.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I (think I) can do some good zombie sound effects, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me recording it and should I record it altogether or in parts with description.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I need a really idiosyncratic voice that fits my kind of writing style to stick with it. As they say, you shouldn't make highly-malleable characters, since they tend to come off wimpy or uninteresting. That was mainly my problem back when I was more active in these threads.

My writing tends to be a little bit on the darker side but wearing the skin of something much more light and quirky, so characters I make nowadays in my writing usually have voices and language that allow them to say ridiculous metaphors even if they're the most serious person in the world.

I have been trying to make an SU of girl that fits more to this form than my past RP characters -- but I want to test her out in a Pokemon RP that isn't too-too serious. Maybe Stars of Sinnoh, if Ice is still into running that. I like Begin Again, but I'm not really interested in traversing Kanto much at all.

I (think I) can do some good zombie sound effects, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me recording it and should I record it altogether or in parts with description.

I, for one, am always interested in people posting gurgling undead sounds on the internet.​

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I have been trying to make an SU of girl that fits more to this form than my past RP characters -- but I want to test her out in a Pokemon RP that isn't too-too serious. Maybe Stars of Sinnoh, if Ice is still into running that. I like Begin Again, but I'm not really interested in traversing Kanto much at all.

Feel free to join SoS. Another active player would be amazing

Back