• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Broken Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
[???=Manipulation and HackMew, sitting in a tree, H-A-C-K-I-N-G]
BrokenBeacon.png

Banner by the sexy Aurafire :)

[/???]​
[???=MANIPULATION x HACKMEW]

TL;DR STORY!

Some of you may remember this hack Malin and I were doing almost a year ago. Well it's always help a special place in my heart and I'd really like to bring it back to life.

The game takes place on the island of Ho-oh's Crest. It is a place full of religious lore, intrigue and wealth.

The island was founded many years ago after the great Ecruteak War. Seeking refuge away from the desolated city, many citizens seeked Ho-oh's help. It spoke them and told them to be on a ship in Olivine City in thirty days. There, it would guide them to an isolated island where they could start anew. Excitement overtook the city as many of them prepared for the move.

Eventually they made their way to Olivine and set forth on three ships named after the Majestic Beasts who died in the fire that ended the Ecruteak War. Ho-oh kept away all storms, pirates and overzealous Tentacruel who looked to hinder their voyage. Ho-oh took them past Cianwood and deep into the middle of the ocean. The people grew worried they would never reach land and Ho-oh was punishing them for what they did on the mainland. Their fears were soothed though when he brought them to the most beautiful island they had ever seen.

The walls of the island were high and seemed to be made of marble. It was small enough to not be considered a continent but large enough to build several cities and towns on it. There was a small mountain range to the north, forests, plains and a nice long beach to the west. Ho-oh promised that as long as the people remained peaceful and they did not start another war, it would protect them.

And this one promise was kept for hundreds of years. A church formed in Ho-oh's honor that ensured that everyone on the island followed this promise. At the head of the church was the Acolyte, a descendant of the first woman to hear Ho-oh's call back in Ecruteak. They chose four Apostles to be by their side. And in almost every town, there was a Pastor who watched over them. They were always pious, gentle people who sought to only help, not hurt.

Unfortunately, in the present day, things are not well. The newest Acolyte is unlike any other. He's rude, crass and greedy. The four Apostles he has surrounded himself with are cruel and callous. They've increased the taxes, made the laws more strict and closed off the ports to outsiders.

While the mood of Ho-oh's Crest has been somber as of late, the upcoming ceremony celebrating the trek to the island is coming up. Every ten years all of the residents of the island make way to the capitol city. There, they hold a five day festival in honor of Ho-oh. And on the fifth day, Ho-oh makes its return to the island to grant one wish to the most deserving person on the island. While at first people were worried the Acolyte would cancel the ceremony, he announced it would still take place.

From here, the game begins...

You are a young boy or girl. You have resided on Ho-oh's Crest for all of your life. In fact, your family descends from one of the first families to call the island their home. One night, in your sleep, you hear a strange voice call out to you. Everything around you is black so you cannot see the source of the voice. It tells you that your home is in danger. In fact, the whole island is in danger. The Acolyte is actually an ex-Team Rocket member who manipulated and bribed his way into the position. When Ho-oh arrives, he will capture the magnificent Pokemon and force it to grant its wish. If it refuses, he will kill everyone on the island with strategically placed bombs in the city.

You ask 'why doesn't Ho-oh just stop him?' The voice explains that Arceus has an edict set down upon all Legendary Pokemon: as long as you are under my control, you will not harm a SINGLE human, no matter how evil. So as long as Ho-oh is under this demand, it can do nothing to the Acolyte.

The voice goes on to explain that it has come to you for assistance. You are the chosen one of the island to help protect both Ho-oh and the island. You will be blessed with one sacred Pokemon to accompany you on your journey. Along the way, you will learn why you are the chosen one and why the God would chose a twelve year old for such a large task.

Unfortunately, in order to reach the Acolyte, you must gain the eight Tower Keys from the Pastors of the island.

So the story consists of you going around, training and defeating the Pastors. After doing so, you'll take on the Acolyte and his Apostles in hopes of saving everyone!

Features!

• Three Unique Starters
  • Not a Johto Remake!
  • Move Tutors
  • Honey trees make a ~spectacular~ return!
  • More as I think of them

Team!
Britney Spears - Director, Story, Character Development, Mapping.
Manipulation - Mapping, Scripting, Tile Inserting, Ideas, Sprite Inserting, Story Development.
Signomi - Concept Art, Spriting.
Chibi Robo - Sexy Spriter.
Forgotten Memory - Website Development.
→goon - Mapping.
Juan - ASM Hacking.

Progress!
Corinth Town
Corinth Pass
Cherub Forest
Cherub Town
Bridge Way
Mandolin Town
Echo Canyon
Pietr City

http://broken-beacon.luccums.com/

Credits!
Fangking Omega - Tiles
Kyledove - Tiles
Spherical Ice - Lantern Sprite

Userbars!
Copy and paste coding to use

2lbgsph.gif

Made by Manipulation
CODE:
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=199809][img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2lbgsph.gif[/img][/url]
2dacc9z.png

Made by Spinosaurus
CODE:
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=199809][img]http://i33.tinypic.com/2dacc9z.png[/img][/url]
2cxvj42.png

Made by Spinosaurus
CODE:
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=199809][img]http://i33.tinypic.com/2cxvj42.png[/img][/url]
qyguh1.png

Made by Spinosaurus
CODE:
HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=199809][img]http://i34.tinypic.com/qyguh1.png[/img][/url]
THIS HACK IS MADE IN HONOR OF MALIN WHO I MISS VERY MUCH ;-;[/???]

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Eeee. ;n; Luke I wanna play it. It looks like an actual plot line. That somebody'll read over and fix typos in.

*squeeees*

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
This looks absolutely amazing Luke, not kidding. I wanna play it now n_n

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

Pastors (Gym Leaders)

Name: Taylor
Picture: Here
Abilities: Telepath / Healing Touch
Pokémon:

• Natu Lv. 11
  • Chimecho Lv. 14
Kind and sweet hearted, she's often found in the forest outside of Cherub Town tending to injured Pokémon. Originally a student in university, she dropped everything to become a Sister of the Ho-Oh Order. Psychically gifted, she specializes in Psychic-type Pokemon.

Name: Jeffrey
Picture: None
Abilities: None

Pokémon:

• Koffing Lv. 19
  • Seviper Lv. 21
A dedicated soldier who was assigned to the bustling city of Pietr City. Despite his hardened appearance and strict rule, he is still popular amongst the residents. A firm believer in a strong defense is the best offense, he has recently taken up refortifying the city's walls.

Name: Raymond
Picture: Here
Abilities: Firebreather, Sword Eater, Acrobat

Pokémon:

• Numel Lv. 22
  • Vulpix Lv. 23
  • Houndoom Lv.26
A former circus performer turned Holy Man. Trusted by the Acolyte to protect and upkeep Ho-oh's everburning flame. Flashy in appearance, fashion and battling style. Known to have his servants build houses just so he can burn them down. Rather unpopular amongst the citizens except for a group of women called "Ray's Harem."

Name: Tyra
Abilities: Master of Disguise/Singer

Pokémon:

• Weepinbell Lv. 25
  • Jumpluff Lv. 27
  • Bellossom Lv. 30
A former prostitute who was "saved" by the church and brought in as a nun. Unfortunately, she couldn't give up her lifestyle completely and still performs at the nightclubs that populate Stalwart's Oasis. She is also used by the church to infiltrate the rebel's bases due to her knack for disguises and acting.

Name: Matthew
Abilities: Unknown

Pokémon:

• Delcatty Lv.31
  • Porygon2 Lv.33
  • Glameow Lv.30
  • Persian Lv.35
A cloaked figure who recently arrived on the island. He quickly defeated all of the Pastors and the Cardinals. He agreed to forfeiting his match against the Acolyte in return for a position as a Pastor in Roma City. Not much is known about him as he wears a mask and talks very little. The team he uses are all freshly caught Pokémon and are not the ones he used in the challenge.

Name: Shawn
Abilities: Above Average Intelligence, Several degrees in various engineering fields

Pokémon:

• Gligar Lv.38
  • Skarmory Lv.39
  • Noctowl Lv.40
  • Delibird Lv.42
Originally from Johto, his parents sent him to Ho-oh's Crest to study at their premier university. He quickly grabbed the attention of the church and was made a Pastor. His intelligence is at genius levels and he's capable of solving the numerous problems plaguing the church. He built his own plane which he can be seen flying around the city.

Name: Jessica
Abilities: Above Average Physical Strength

Pokémon:

• Donphan Lv.43
  • Piloswine Lv.46
  • Quagsire Lv.44
  • Nidoqueen Lv. 48
A jovial middle aged woman who is Shawn's best friend and mentor. She has been the most outspoken critic of the Acolyte amongst the Pastors. Has recently been disappearing for weeks at a time without explanation. Physically stronger than most men. An avid fan of Mexican food.

Name: Christina
Abilities: Master Orator

Pokémon:

• Cacturne Lv.49
  • Crawdaunt Lv.48
  • Sableye Lv.46
  • Murkrow Lv.50
  • Skuntank Lv.52
The leader of sorts amongst the Pastors. Beautiful, cunning and a master speaker. She used to be a Cardinal for the former Acolyte before Vladimir took over. She returned to her hometown of Fairborough to take over the Pastor position. She too is unhappy with the new Acolyte but her sense of duty forces her to follow all of his commands.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Lol @leader names. Anyway, everything is really well thought out, well done. The first gym leader art is fantastic, too. (:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Signomi is busy working on the next Gym Leader art n_n

In the mean time, here are the move tutors found throughout the game

Move Tutors

Volt Tackle:
Spoiler:

Spore:
Spoiler:

Poison Tail:
Spoiler:

Explosion:
Spoiler:

Featherdance:
Spoiler:

Encore:
Spoiler:

Superpower:
Spoiler:

Tail Glow:
Spoiler:

Sky Attack:
Spoiler:

Leaf Blade:
Spoiler:

Super Fang:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
The story is very good, and your ideas are well thought out and displayed. I hope we get to see some screenshots soon ;)

aquadan

is searching for members
Years
woah!
what a complex idea. and normally i would hate idea's which involve.. "the Island", idea.
but you have presented it in an amazing format.

I shall continue watching for updates. :)

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Not sure if you guys saw these, but Signomi's fantastic art needs more attention:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

1st and 3rd Gym Leaders respectively :)

Expect screenshots possibly tomorrow!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Posting this so Luke doesn't have to double post.

Well, everything is progressing nicely. First map is fully completed, movement permissions and all. Now, if Luke gets back from his haircut soon, then the first few scripts will be done by tonight. Just a lil' progress update for you all.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
o3o Haircut? Wow thanks Luke ;o;

Sounds like it's moving nicely along <:

Thanks for the update Harry :3

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Still finishing up NPC scripts, ironing out small details before moving on from Corinth Town :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Impressive x3 Love the fleshed out backstory~

I think this maybe be the first hack I play in like 2yrs once you guys release and alpha/beta 8D

btw- yes, siggy is doing an AMAZING job on the art.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Thanks everyone for the support :]

The next Route is finished and mapped. The next town/route are currently being worked on. Possible screenshots to be added later.

Years
Oh my god!
That Gym leader art is fantastic! Did you do that?! whoops, sorry, just saw.. It still looks Wicked though :D. Great storyline, too.
(I only joined in April, I had no idea you had a hack. This is so cool!). Good luck.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Wow, everything is look great, Luke!

One question, Togepi's beginning moveset will be edited, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back