• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wrestlemania 29

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But 3 or 4 persons talking about Wrestling is still a good club :)

Aww Red, I already got a Naruto club, you don't need to know CSS to make a good club :]
My Naruto fan club doesn't use CSS :)

I'm really not a fan of the newer wrestlers.. I'm not being a hipster or anything... none of them just seems to catch my eye or anything.
I really hope The Undertaker takes his winning streak with him until his retirement, he's the deadman after all, that streak is something that should be marked in the WWE as something the best wrestler in the business did.

Honest

Hi!
Years
If Punk is leaving (which I have not heard about, by the way) it's definitely late next year, if not even later. And I disagree, Punk does have quite a lot to gain from beating the streak. Punk's only had one true career defining moment so far that'll go down in history, and that's his 400+ title reign as champion. But he still lost the title in the end (that'll end up on Cena). For comparison's sake, Cena's a 10 time world champion, a record. And he'll definitely become an 11 time champion, extending his own record. For Punk to snap the streak will embroider his career with gold, catapulting him into the caliber of legends, assuming he isn't one already. Think about it, 20 times the deadman's been undefeated. That person who breaks that streak will go down in history, permanently. There's no better person to receive something like that other than the man who's been on a roll for over a year, but lost his title belt that he extended to a record length in the modern era except Punk.

As for why Randy didn't snap the streak, that's simple, and you said it yourself. He was entering his prime. Punk is well passed his prime, but I don't believe he's been solidified yet. He's proven it, though, that he deserves to. Randy was still testing waters. Not to call him a lose canon, but you don't know where he would go in a few years. Also, if I remember right, he definitely wasn't as popular back then as Punk is now.

In the end, though, the man this all comes down to is The Undertaker himself. I believe McMahon will let Taker choose how he wants to go out. For the record, 20-1 sounds a lot better than 21-0. Just saying.

Also, I guess we could totally turn this into general wrestling thread. I remember there was one back in 2010, and it was quite popular, and much more active compared to the club that was mine.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm actually rooting the the Deadman himself :P
He's my favorite wrestler. The day he'll retire is the day my interest in WWE will plummet hard :[

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, he's practically retired as it is. One match a year isn't exactly going to work on a constant basis. Not to take anything away from the deadman, that one match has turned out amazing every year since the habit began.

Years
So with Wrestlemania less than a week away, and the full line-up announced, I was wondering what everyone else's predictions for the PPV were. I'm a little bit disappointed that Antonio Cesaro doesn't even have a scheduled match, but with an hour-long pre show, it wouldn't surprise me if they throw him in a random title defense against Kofi Kingston or R-Truth. Aside from that, my predictions (with the entire schedule) are included below.

Spoiler:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
As for why Randy didn't snap the streak, that's simple, and you said it yourself. He was entering his prime. Punk is well passed his prime, but I don't believe he's been solidified yet. He's proven it, though, that he deserves to. Randy was still testing waters. Not to call him a lose canon, but you don't know where he would go in a few years. Also, if I remember right, he definitely wasn't as popular back then as Punk is now.

Sad. Just...sad. D: Dude ofc Randy wasnt popular as Punk is now, he just holded the title for quite a while 1 year and a few months will sure grow your popularity. But when Punk lost his title no one i know even cares for him. As for what you said about "Randy cant win Taker" its true, but Punk cant do it even if he has 1000 sidekicks. So cant Randy. What your expecting, ofc he will lose aainst Taker, AT WRESTLEMANIA. Well you know defeating Taker 2 or 3 times not in Wrestlemania is not bad. Punk couldnt beat Taker even once, he defeated him once but Teddy Long cheated to help Punk. I understand Bob Orton helping Randy is basically the same thing but lmao Bob wasnt such a help for Randy, well imo. Plus I LAUGHED SO MUCH WHEN TEDDY SAID THAT UNDERTAKER TAPPED OUT AGAINST PUNK.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Red, Punk is probably pro wrestling's biggest work horse as for now. I don't know about your friends, but the loss of the title belt probably affected a lot more people than you assume. And then again, perhaps it didn't. the IWC knew about Punk vs Rock a long time ago, and after a year+ of holding it, it only seemed obvious he'd drop it.

I'm not going to bother with the debate between Punk and Orton (both are good, but the latter lacks charisma and can get lazy sometimes). I'm just going to say two things about this year's Mania: Punk vs Taker stole the show, and I'm really upset Antonio Cesaro didn't get a match. That dude is amazing, you shouldn't keep someone like him off. It irks the hell out of me they dropped his gimmick cause of Jack Swagger. Ugh.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Punk Vs. Taker was definitely the highlight of this year's Wrestlemania, The Rock & John Cena's match was all that I expected. Crap ton of finishers and a crap ton of 2 second and a half pins. I even thought that at one point Punk was gonna end Taker's streak (thank god he didn't).

Btw, Dipu. Is it possible that this thread becomes a general WWE discussion thread?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Omg I have no idea that would be cool LOL. Btw im not saying Punk is not great it was just not nice how you treated Randy D: But anyways lets forget that now and lets be guud friends ^^

Btw im not much i to wrestling now tho i rly want to know what happened to Cesaro and when did Fandango debut? Since I have the same problem as Jz there :( But I will download the WWE app soon but i cant rn. So, care to tell me what happened to the...was he from Spain or Switzerland? Yeah Switzerland. What happened to him he was one of the greatest heels.

EDIT: About wrestlemania...there was so much i expected. Thanks to Dipu i thought Punk would end Takers streak </3 Omg. Cena vs Rock was boring and it was a false match. I mean. Impossible. Cena got rock bottom'd 5 times ppls elbowed 5 times and he resists? Dafaq? The rock got 4,5 or 6 finishers andhe still resists. That match was.....overall ok. Last years match was way more real.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Yeah, sorry about that. =P I just figured it'd be awesome for Punk to end it, but nope. As for Cena/Rock, I actually didn't watch it, but I heard they spammed finishers like a spambot. I feel bad for Rocky though, he tore some muscle, forgot which exactly, right off the bone.

Oh, as for what happened to Cesaro, WWE creative figured two men with the American gimmick was too much, so they made Cesaro drop it in favor of Swagger. Big mistake imo.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If they made Jack Swagger have a face-turn, he could be the next Kurt Angle. He's a great wrestler and he has the abilities to be even greater.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Swagger? Rly? I mean he isnt that great, well imo, the only thingy that he did and it surprised me iwas when he was the world heavyweight champion. But Swagger isnt that good tbh. I mean, yes, but idk if he can be even greater than Kurt since Kurt was good even when he was a heel, Swagger didnt, or isnt, doing good with his heel career.

Years
Bloodex said:
Oh, as for what happened to Cesaro, WWE creative figured two men with the American gimmick was too much, so they made Cesaro drop it in favor of Swagger. Big mistake imo.
I couldn't agree more. Cesaro's one of the most gifted athletes in the WWE at this point, and they've seemed to just let him fall off the radar. Giving him some weird yodeling gimmick and then losing the US Championship to Kofi Kingston didn't help at all, considering he was delivering the Neutralizer to guys like Brodus Clay and Khali not too long ago. Unless they plan on bringing Kassius Ohno up to the main roster to pair with him, I hope he's able to turn it around quickly, as I think he's got the potential to be a future World Champion.

As for Jack Swagger, I agree that he's another talented in-ring performer, but I just can't see him reaching the level of Kurt Angle, either face or heel. One thing that Kurt had was talent on the mic, whereas Swagger's needed a mouthpiece in Zeb Colter to get him over. That being said, I've liked his transition into the Real American gimmick, but I just hope he didn't blow his big opportunity thanks to that DUI in March (much like William Regal did a couple years back).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I didn't say he'll be greater than Kurt Angle. I'm just saying that he has a lot of potential but WWE is showcasing all of it. His dark matches are amazing compared to the live televised ones, that's why I say he can be as great as Kurt Angle if they went in the right direction with him.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Oh yeah but thats a dark match, which...well you know it doesnt appear on TV, and i never said you said that. Ofc he cant be greater than Kurt Angle, since what he did was rly good but what i was saying is that I dont think he can be like Kurt Angle, if WWE decides to make heels win more. What i was rly saying was that Swagger didnt impress me that much like Kurt did. But I hate both tbh xD. But Swagger cant impress ppl because of how WWE is now.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
If you ever get the chance, check out his dark matches. They're like 200x better than his televised matches :D

But I agree with you, Swagger can't gain the popularity of the WWE universe now because of it's PG era and tons of fans just wants the attitude era back and always reminisce about the old wrestlers, so it's pretty hard for newcomers to make a big impact on WWE nowadays.

Back