• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
This new Pokemon Honedge is compared, to Vanilluxe line, the worst design ever. A freaking sword. Just a sword. Really GF? And yes, it knows Swords Dance and it is a possed sword by a ghost. Sounds like Spiritomb, right?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This new Pokemon Honedge is compared, to Vanilluxe line, the worst design ever. A freaking sword. Just a sword. Really GF? And yes, it knows Swords Dance and it is a possed sword by a ghost. Sounds like Spiritomb, right?

Yet you weren't bothered by the Voltorb line, who deserves that title more than Honedge. There's always going to be Pokemon like that for every gen, and Honedge is no exception.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Well, I personally don't think that this new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon is ridiculous or anything like that.

After all, we have many kind of Pokémon (for some reason mostly Ghost-type) that we've been sceptic at first and then they end up at our teams miraculously. For example there are Yamask (a mask), Cofagrigus (a coffin), Drifloon and Drifblim (hot air balloons), Spiritomb (a grave stone), Shedinja (a dead Nincada's shell), Frosslass (well, basicly a Kimono Girl gone dead but still), Golett and Golurk (stone golems) and whole Litwick-evolutionary line (a candle, a lampet and a chandeliere).

So for me Honedge is atleast somewhat logical and explainable unlike Bronzor-, Vanillite-, Klink- or Trubbish-evolutionary lines. How in frack do you explain them happening and becoming Pokémon? :D

Also, doesn't have anything to do with Honedge now but there was earlier posted a video on Serebii. After watching it I happened to freeze the screen where the horde of Axew and Houndour appeared. Did anyone else notice (sorry, if this has been pointed out already) but Axews were at level eight and Houndours were at level eleven? I was just wondering that could this mean that they're both capturable already before beating Elite Four? Because to me it doesn't make any sense adding low level old generation Pokémon to games which unlock after you finish the league and the Champion. Also, if you compare to other generations there haven't really been low leveled either in them (unless we count swarms but still).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They could be for advertisement purposes as well. Nothing on the game is final and a lor is not game footage, just programed look a likes so none of the non-kalos and one kalos pokemon may be in the game until later points like post E4 or through some special feature.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's true, they could be like Swarms in gen 3-5, post E4 rare Pokemon that appear at a certain day, or they're not really in the games and are just there for promotion.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
By typing alone, Honedge is a really good Terrakion check, considering that it resists/is immune to all its commonly used moves (immune to Close Combat, Sacred Sword and Quick Attack, while resisting Stone Edge, Rock Slide and X-Scissor) (this, of course, is assuming that Honedge has high enough defenses to make good use of its plentiful resistances). As for its stats, I think that it'll be a physically offensive version of Cofagrigus, with slightly higher Attack and slightly toned down defenses (because swords are offensive tools, after all, though they can also be used for defending).

Since it's floating, I hope it gets Levitate so that its Ground weakness is completely irrelevant; if that's the case, this would make it really good on rain teams that have difficulty with Terrakion. If Honedge doesn't get Levitate, and if Honedge somehow is good in OU, then Terrakion just may be forced to run Earthquake just to deal with it.

Edit: just realized that if Honedge gets Levitate, then it would also have a resistance to QuakeEdge

Last edited:
Years
By typing alone, Honedge is a really good Terrakion check, considering that it resists/is immune to all its commonly used moves (immune to Close Combat, Sacred Sword and Quick Attack, while resisting Stone Edge, Rock Slide and X-Scissor) (this, of course, is assuming that Honedge has high enough defenses to make good use of its plentiful resistances). As for its stats, I think that it'll be a physically offensive version of Cofagrigus, with slightly higher Attack and slightly toned down defenses (because swords are offensive tools, after all, though they can also be used for defending).

Since it's floating, I hope it gets Levitate so that its Ground weakness is completely irrelevant; if that's the case, this would make it really good on rain teams that have difficulty with Terrakion. If Honedge doesn't get Levitate, and if Honedge somehow is good in OU, then Terrakion just may be forced to run Earthquake just to deal with it.

Edit: just realized that if Honedge gets Levitate, then it would also have a resistance to QuakeEdge

Honedge really does have some great competitive potential, no surprise if I see this thing in OU or something. It could make an awesome wall to Terrakion, being resistant and immune to its most used attacks, and assuming this thing gets Levitate the only thing that can easily stop it is Fire-types, whose power gets weakened in the rain so I could see Honedge (or its possible evolutions) being a common occurrence on Rain teams like Ferrothorn is.

As far as stats go, I could see Attack being its highest stat, with both defenses and Speed close behind, and I think Special Attack would be its worst stat. I can see it being a good physical sweeper but also being able to take a few hits here and there. Levitate would make this thing awesome so I am hoping it gets that ability since its battle scene shows it floating.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Honedge really does have some great competitive potential, no surprise if I see this thing in OU or something. It could make an awesome wall to Terrakion, being resistant and immune to its most used attacks, and assuming this thing gets Levitate the only thing that can easily stop it is Fire-types, whose power gets weakened in the rain so I could see Honedge (or its possible evolutions) being a common occurrence on Rain teams like Ferrothorn is.

As far as stats go, I could see Attack being its highest stat, with both defenses and Speed close behind, and I think Special Attack would be its worst stat. I can see it being a good physical sweeper but also being able to take a few hits here and there. Levitate would make this thing awesome so I am hoping it gets that ability since its battle scene shows it floating.

Love how we have so much more potential competitive talk about this one Pokemon than the brand new type XD Both are shrouded in mystery but we can probably be more accurate with this Pokemon than the new Type~

I see it being a lightning bruiser aka it hits fast and hard, but with potentially low defense and special attack, not quite sure what to make of it's HP.

Kinda out of character for steel types. They are known for their defensive natures, even those with heavy attack power. I can see some moderate to fast Speed (it barely weighs anything and fits in with the characteristic of a sword), moderate to high attack, low special attack, and Moderate Defense and Special defense with low to moderate HP.

I can see it capable of taking a hit and dishing out a major hit on its own, but having some fairly low to medium levels for HP. Something a bit higher than say Shuckle. Close if not maybe a couple 20 points more.

blue

gucci
Years
Honedge is certainly a unique Pokémon out of the bunch we've seen so far, I've only just seen it so I'm not sure quite how I feel about it just yet...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Here's how I imagine Honedge's stats could be:

HP: 55
Attk: 120
Def: 80
SpA: 60
SpD: 80
Spe: 75
Total: 475

If it's a stand alone Pokemon, then I expect its toal base stats to around the same number as Druddigon's.

blue

gucci
Years
I can't see it having an evolution but I can definitely see it having a high Defense and SP. Defense from its appearence.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Here's how I imagine Honedge's stats could be:

HP: 55
Attk: 120
Def: 80
SpA: 60
SpD: 80
Spe: 75
Total: 475

If it's a stand alone Pokemon, then I expect its toal base stats to around the same number as Druddigon's.

See I'm seeing a bit more...closer to Aerodactyl base stat wise. Something near half of Shuckle's Defense/Sp.Def...I dunno why honestly...I want it to be bulky.

HP: 50
Atk: 120
Def: 105
Sp.Atk: 60
Sp.Def: 105
Spd: 80
Total: 520

I can see it with slightly less Sp. Def for a little more HP as well.

HP: 70
Sp.Def: 85

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
My general knowledge with swords, speed sacrifices power and vice versa. You have some designs that allow you to hit hard but they can be slow due to weight and some that hit fast but the attacks won't do much damage wise. (You have to take into account style as well as user's strength)

So to me with the high attack and moderate speed with high moderate defenses make complete sense.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
See I'm seeing a bit more...closer to Aerodactyl base stat wise. Something near half of Shuckle's Defense/Sp.Def...I dunno why honestly...I want it to be bulky.

HP: 50
Sp.Def: 105

I can see it with slightly less Sp. Def for a little more HP as well.

HP: 70
Sp.Def: 85

Game Freak has stopped making regular Stand Alone Pokemon with 500+ base stats after Gen 1, or was it Gen 2, so I doubt Honedge would have a 520 (unless there already exist a post-Gen 1/2 stand alone Pokemon with 500+ stats that I may have forgotten).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Dear lord, leave for a few weeks and see how much you miss? I HAVE SOME CATCHING UP TO DO!

As far as Honedge's BST goes, I really don't see it being a defensive Pokémon. I mean...it's a sword. Which is used as a weapon offensively. It kind of just makes sense for it to be primarily an attacker to me, specifically a physical attacker. I'd love to see it maybe have some mixed attacking stats and a decent speed, medium HP, and lower defenses. Kind of glass cannon-ish but not really at the same time. I think it having the Ghost typing just gives it more possibilities.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Game Freak has stopped making regular Stand Alone Pokemon with 500+ base stats after Gen 1, or was it Gen 2, so I doubt Honedge would have a 520 (unless there already exist a post-Gen 1/2 stand alone Pokemon with 500+ stats that I may have forgotten).

Gamefreak has also never updated a legendary pokemon outside of the generation it was introduced...yet we have a new Mewtwo form with a potential stat altering. Gen 5 also comes close with Sigilyph caping at 490. 10 points way isn't a small margin. Its a hair's breadth from the mark. Just because it hasn't been done since Gen 1 or Gen 2 has already been shown to be a dead statement. Not only the Mewtwo thing but since Gen 2 we've never had a new type exist, now we have fairies.

Honedge can have roughly any BST thats there under 600. My hopes are for 500+ on the low side. That what I want it to have.

@jake. Swords are defensive weapons too. Most proper techniques taught are how to use the swords for aggressive defense in which you slide the sword and use opponents momentum against them. The style is one of many made and perfected in france, especially for blades that look like honedge. A sword also has to have a certain defensive level to be able to survive a blow whether from it or against it. If the sword's defenses are weak, hitting it in key spots will break it fairly easily. You can snap a sword swinging it against something weaker that it if it hits in the wrong spot or is made poorly in material resulting in weak defenses.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Very valid points. I was going from the moreso stereotypical aspect of swords, and how they are thought to be offensive weapons. Of course, parrying and using momentum to defend yourself is important as well. I didn't know that those sort of things were perfected in France though. If that's the case, perhaps Honedge will have a more balanced stat pool to represent both it's offensive prowess as well as it's defending abilities?

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 23, 2016
heres some thing to think about

with this new fairy typ coming into play i wonder if the final elite 4/champion will still be using dragon typ poke in x and y, cause 2 the best of my knowledge the champion as always used dragon typ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back