• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Letter Locator

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Here's a game that I came up with in about ten minutes, so bear with me. It might not be any good... lol. I'm going to call it Pokemon Letter Locator. :) There are a few rules to this, so pay close attention. First off, the game starts with the name of a Pokemon. I'll choose our starting name later. Anyway, here's an example name for us to start with:

Moltres

Now, here are the rules:

1. Take the last two letters from the Pokemon's name. (In this case, those letters will be "es").
2. Try to come up with the name of another Pokemon that has those letters in its name. You will be awarded points based upon where the letters are and how they are oriented in the new Pokemon's name. There are three possibilities you can choose from:
---a. The letters are in the same order, are together, and are the first two letters of new Pokemon's name.
------Ex: Espeon
------Point Value: 10 points
---b. The letters are in the same order, are together, and are located somewhere other than at the beginning of the new Pokemon's name.
------Ex: Ninetales, Forretress
------Point Value: 5 points
---c. The letters are separated from one another, but both are somewhere in the new Pokemon's name.
------Ex: Swellow, Bellossom
------Point Value: 1 point
3. To prevent endless loops, you may not use any Pokemon listed in the five entries just before your current post.
4. If someone beats you to an answer, you don't get credit for yours. You'll just have to try again on the current Pokemon instead. :)
5. Keep track of your own points and list them along with your answer. Try to post them just after your answer. If we keep things consistent, we'll be able to read our answers better. If someone beats you to your answer, be sure to go back and edit your post, fixing your score. No cheating, now!
6. Spelling counts in this game. You'd better make sure you spell your Pokemon's name right, because if you don't, it's possible you won't be posting a correct answer!
7. Good luck and have fun!

*Edit*
8. I forgot to mention this. If we reach a point in the game where the letters we're searching for aren't in a Pokemon name we can use, the game has ended. Whoever has the most points when (and if) that happens wins!

Now then, as the first contestant, I don't get any points, so you'll notice that I've set my points to 0. I'll start the game with the name of my favorite Pokemon:

Clefairy

Shuko's Points: 0

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Sure!

It works fine! You get five points. Although, if you'd used the one I'm about to use, you'd have gotten ten! ^.~

Onix

Shuko's Points: 15

See? The "on" is at the front of the name, so it's worth ten points. Your letters are now "ix"

Just so that you can see the flow of the game better, see how it's been played so far:

Clefairy -> First word, no points. Letters to find are "ry"
Skarmory -> Contains "ry" in the same order. Not at beginning, though so it's only worth five. New letters to find are "ry"
Porygon - > Contains "ry" in same order. Not at beginning though, so only worth five. New letters to find are "on"
Aggron -> Contains "on" in same order. Not at beginning though, so only worth five. New letters to find are "on"
Onix -> Contains "on" in same order AND at beginning of name. Worth ten points. New letters to find are "ix"

THe letters to find have been these:
"ry"->"ry"->"on"->"on"->"ix"

Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to use a pokemon that has the letters in the same order, or even in the same position. You may find yourself in a position where you have to use a Pokemon name that just has the letters in it somewhere, but they aren't together or in the same order. Just keep track of your points as you post. You each have five points so far.

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
I figured that one would be next. :) Okay, so you get five points! Lessee now... uh-oh... there's only one left that can be played this round....

Steelix

Shuko's Points: 20

Well, I didn't mean to, but I guess I won that round. :( Anyway, hopefully, you guys have got the gist of it now. I realize there's a lot of rules, but it'd be too easy if I left any of 'em out. Now then, we'll start a new round with my second favorite pokemon. :P

Tropius

There ya go. :P Lessee what you make of it.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Well... although I didn't specify initially... I think I'd better limit it to just the American version's names. There's a few reasons for that; one is that not too many people know (any of) the Japanese names (myself included. :P). But more importantly, there can be more than one (correct) romanization of a Japanese word or name. Since the Japanese language is a syllabary-based language, and not a letter-based one like ours, there could conceivably be a conflict on the subject of spelling. I'm sorry, but I think it's best if we just use the American names. :(

The letters you need to find are "th", btw. :P

Back