• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon, Pen, & Paper - A Table Top Roleplaying Game!

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Screen_Shot_2015_05_17_at_2_59_26_PM.png

Here is a link to the PDF!

This is not a single player PC game. This is a table top roleplaying game, which you can play using just this PDF and 3-8 people. You create characters for the Pokemon world and act out their adventures.

Features:
  • A combat system which takes a lot of elements from the systems in the Pokémon video games while moving it closer to what is seen in the anime, and keeping the gameplay lightning-fast.
  • A skill system that turns a good portion of the moves in the Pokémon world into field moves like Cut or Surf, and gives players lots of access to
  • A character building system which emphasizes the character over the Pokémon, allowing players to have a truly vast collection of them without an equally vast collection of character sheets.
  • A pokemon ranch system, which allows players to customize and build up the area where their pokemon are kept while they are not using them, adding things like their own pokemon gyms and radio stations.
  • Many other miscellaneous features that allow players to develop their character into any kind seen in the games or anime. You can hunt for fossils, make pokeblock, craft pokeballs from apricorns, and become a master breeder, to name a few.

More pages from the book:
Spoiler:

Previously I had written the game Pokémon Conquest, also found on this forum, and while many enjoyed it the system was very flawed. The system had many limitations, but one that irked me the most was the ability of trainers to only keep one or two pokemon. This was a decision made to allow trainers to heavily customize their pokemon without an incredible amount of time sunk into writing out character sheets. This game is an improvement over Pokemon Conquest in many ways, but it also has shifted in focus from highly allowing for highly detailed and customized pokemon to allowing players to capture and use lots and lots of Pokemon in a tabletop setting. Below here I will describe my design decisions in their relation to Dungeons and Dragons, and my previous game Pokemon Conquest.

Character Building!
Spoiler:
Subsection: The Boon System
Spoiler:
Combat!
Spoiler:
Skills!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

YourFavorite

One who can't think of a title
Years
Oh hey, I saw this a while ago and I thought I was going to post something here, but I guess I forgot. ^ ^;

I saw this on the Pokemon Tabletop forums, so I took a look. I really like the rules-light nature of the game, and the combat. I think it's a really newbie-friendly way to get Pokemon fans into tabletop RPG's, and am definitely going to have to try it out sometime, even if it's only running a one-shot. I think it's a huge improvement from the Pokemon Conquest system, and am happy to see you still developing tabletop systems. :3

I hope people on here who haven't tried tabletopping will give this a shot; as a lifelong video-gamer, tabletop games are probably the most fun I've had gaming, period.

Back