• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
If you have contrary as an ability (ex: Snivy), all stats the drop or up something on your Pokemon are reveresed...so if you use growth you will drop in stats, if you are tail whiped you will gain defense instead of lose

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Good hack

Played this hack and got up to burgh's gym so far, it's really challenging and more entertaining as it lasts longer, its really cool.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
This hack is really fun. It actually make pokemon challenging and interesting.
I have Furret, Liepard, Primeape, Gardevoir and Shellder as my team.
The stats boost gives so much life to lost and forgotten pokemon. Sometimes it's just as seeing new pokemon. You got to learn each pokemon from point zero.
I do think there is still place for improvement from what I'v seen till now. Furret is a good example: though it has some stat upgrades on the speed and attack, it could really use an improvement on the ability department, to have something even slightly more useful then keen eye and frisk. I'm not talking about sheer force or abilities that doesn't fit the pokemon theme, but Scrappy, Super Luck, Simple, Quick Feet, Pickpocket, Adaptability, Limber... I dunno...
Oh, and what about Slam? Most of the pokemon learn it in a part in the game where you already got Strength. Same move - 100 accuracy instead of 75 (!). I would say, for that low accuracy it should have power of 100.

burgh wasn't a problem for me, for some reason... Primeape fire punch, boosted by Furret's helping hands, just 1HKOed every single bug pokemon, and Scolipede's try at megahorn missed.
Lenora, from the other hand, was challenge. double intimidate on the start of the battle is harsh (though it was to my advantage since my Mankey has defiant) and her retaliate pokemon hit quick and hard. I won mainly because I took advantage of her Herdier's tendency to stick to helping hands and not attack each turn - focusing my attacks on the other poke.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Dunno if you're still searching a solution but here's what helped me:
Option -> Emulation Setup -> NDS Cartridge backup media -> FLASH 512KBytes

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Wow, Elesa was sooo tough!!! I had to go back, catch a Geodude with sturdy and train it like hell just so I'll be able to lay a finger on her Galvantula before it whips the floor with me, and each turn I sacrificed another poke to heal Grevaler up and do it again. Her entire team is so speedy and powerful!

then again, Clay was the easiest one... I knew he'll have a sand storm team since it was obvious, and so many water pokes have drizzle in this game (too many) so I just fished a whalrein and whiped his team with my new member Seadra.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
i have a question:
the ''special'' encounters mentioned on the wild pokemon docs, is the shaking grass encounters?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I love all the screenshots and documentation you have! I really want to play it but unfortunately I can't... No matter which rom I use to patch or which emulator I can't open the menu window and I get no options in touch panel. I can use it for battling and text. Even after the professor shows us how to catch a pokemon I still can't access menu. I can't even save the game or view my pokemon.

Can you please help?! I don't understand why this is. I was just playing a clean White rom perfectly fine a few months ago. :(

JimmyJ99

Noobie Hacker
Years
Hmm, I seem to be having an issue. The xDelta won't seem to open. I've even tried redownloading a different xDelta from the main website but no luck. Any clues?

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
I can't seem to get Iris to teach my Serperior Draco Meteor, and I'm absolutely sure it has full happiness. Playing Blaze Black, obviously.

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
Years
Can you get all three starters here?
Yes

This hack is really fun. It actually make pokemon challenging and interesting.
I have Furret, Liepard, Primeape, Gardevoir and Shellder as my team.
The stats boost gives so much life to lost and forgotten pokemon. Sometimes it's just as seeing new pokemon. You got to learn each pokemon from point zero.
I do think there is still place for improvement from what I'v seen till now. Furret is a good example: though it has some stat upgrades on the speed and attack, it could really use an improvement on the ability department, to have something even slightly more useful then keen eye and frisk. I'm not talking about sheer force or abilities that doesn't fit the pokemon theme, but Scrappy, Super Luck, Simple, Quick Feet, Pickpocket, Adaptability, Limber... I dunno...
Oh, and what about Slam? Most of the pokemon learn it in a part in the game where you already got Strength. Same move - 100 accuracy instead of 75 (!). I would say, for that low accuracy it should have power of 100.

burgh wasn't a problem for me, for some reason... Primeape fire punch, boosted by Furret's helping hands, just 1HKOed every single bug pokemon, and Scolipede's try at megahorn missed.
Lenora, from the other hand, was challenge. double intimidate on the start of the battle is harsh (though it was to my advantage since my Mankey has defiant) and her retaliate pokemon hit quick and hard. I won mainly because I took advantage of her Herdier's tendency to stick to helping hands and not attack each turn - focusing my attacks on the other poke.
Hmm, you do raise some good points with the Furret example. I'm not likely to make another update to BBVW for a while now but I will keep those things in mind for my upcoming HG/SS hack.

i have a question:
the ''special'' encounters mentioned on the wild pokemon docs, is the shaking grass encounters?
Yes

I love all the screenshots and documentation you have! I really want to play it but unfortunately I can't... No matter which rom I use to patch or which emulator I can't open the menu window and I get no options in touch panel. I can use it for battling and text. Even after the professor shows us how to catch a pokemon I still can't access menu. I can't even save the game or view my pokemon.

Can you please help?! I don't understand why this is. I was just playing a clean White rom perfectly fine a few months ago. :(
Already answered this on gbatemp =p If anyone else has the same problem, make sure it's X you're using to get the menu, not Start.

Hmm, I seem to be having an issue. The xDelta won't seem to open. I've even tried redownloading a different xDelta from the main website but no luck. Any clues?
Make sure you're using the .bat file, not the xdelta itself.

I can't seem to get Iris to teach my Serperior Draco Meteor, and I'm absolutely sure it has full happiness. Playing Blaze Black, obviously.
Drayden/Iris only tutor Draco Meteor after you beat the E4. It was somewhat unintended, but you should have or be drawing near Leaf Storm anyway.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
I tryed using search with no results...
Someone knows the location for gible,pupitar,drilbur and Litwick

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
So the whole thing is playable through the end and it has all 649 Pokemon ready to go?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thanks for all the work you put into this hack. Me and my cousin have been playing this together for the past couple hours and we're enjoying it a lot.
We've been trying to get back into playing Black/White but we're just so bored with playing the regular game seeing as we've both already played through it twice.

Good work! :D
Also, did you bump up critical ratios somehow? We've been getting destroyed by wild pokemon getting crits off on us regularly.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2021
Just wanted to say you pretty much made the game my dream pokemon game. So much options and so much challenge. Looking forward to your "Volt Gold" and "Blaze Silver" :)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen May 25, 2015
Do Normal Codes work?

Hey guy's repeating a question since nobody answered

do the gameshark/Action Replay codes for the normal versions of black and white still work for the hacks?

or would I need a new code for EXP boosting, 100% capture rate and catching trainers pokemon?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Hey guy's repeating a question since nobody answered

do the gameshark/Action Replay codes for the normal versions of black and white still work for the hacks?

or would I need a new code for EXP boosting, 100% capture rate and catching trainers pokemon?

You *should* have gotten some documents with the download that contains the AR codes you'll need.

Anyways, this is my first hack, period. I am greatly enjoying it so far.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
This is arguably the best all region pokemon hack I have ever played. I just finished it and boy it was a tough challenging game. Looking forward to your next Hacks!

Back