• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Third Game Name

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Pokemon Z

So, most Pokemon games all had a 3rd Version released a year or so after the main games were released. What do you guys think about a Pokemon Z? Do you think they will make a Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2 & Y2 like what they bid with B/W2?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Damn, we don't even know much about X and Y and here we are speculating a Z?

Pokémon Z sounds more interesting than Pokémon W. If we do get a third game in the same style as pre-Gen V, I would expect it to be Pokémon Z. I'm hoping they don't pull the Black 2 / White 2 thing again, because that to me just suggested "We rushed through completing Black and White," which doesn't support my whole "Gen VI is what Gen V should have been" theory I have going on in my head.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Announcement everyone! Pokemon Z will be in honour of Zupplu, the master trainer!

:P But in all serious, I really think its too early to start the speculation. Who knows, maybe Pokemon will go up to level 200 this time and the next game is a direct sequel (highly unlikely and stupid, just to prove a point)? These games might be totally different and might not need an editors cut. There is every chance they will though! :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I hope that they don't do Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2/Y2. Please, please Pokemon Z is waaaay too predictable like that's the first thing someone would think. Come on Gamefreak you can do better. I think naming it Black 2/White 2 was a nice surprise but I don't think they should make a habit of it. If they do I'll still like it better than Pokemon Z.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Pokemon Z seems to be the closest answer!
If Z is correct, its legendary should be something snake-like mythical creature from japanese myth ~

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Pokémon Z most certainly would be more fitting for a third game to Generation VI. Because the game names would probably be from Width, Height and Depth. Which means that the 3rd game (Pokémon Z) could very well have a Cobra-like legendary Pokémon as it's mascot.

Wow, now I'm thinking too far ahead. xD

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I am sure Z will come out. Grey didn't make it as Black and White's next version because Black and White had version exclusive locations. It would mess up the theme of the two games as well since both are of different themes (Black being futuristic and White being Natural)

Years
I hope it's Z. XY could work, I suppose. X2 and Y2 are possible. There are so many things they could do, but Z works really well. It works better than the theorized Grey for Black and White. It's the natural progression.
These are the two options I see as well. I would have to assume they go with X2 and Y2, since I think they're running with the dual follow-up game now, to make more bang for their buck.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Great square roots ^_^.
But seriously I think they should go with Pokemon W and Z instead even if they do sequels as the 2 will become even more uncreative. Gold and Silver were to become Pokemon 2 but got names of their own. So Pokemon Z if third or if sequels Pokemon Z and W. Or maybe K instead of W as K is a variable in math and would make most sense with X, Y and Z plus it'll complete the awezome mckool letterz.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Depends on what extra legends we get later down the line. If nothing bigger than the two here, we may have a random third if any third at all. B2W2 was a real shocker and proved that we don't have to have three versions of the same games. Gamefreak can forgo Third versions in place of other options now.

Like DLC continuations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's true.
Though I feel sequels were exclusive to generation V (not counting Gen II being a sequel to Gen I). We may return to third version style games.

Back