• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Well this is fancy.
I love how you always make your RD hacks different from those usual "linear" ones.

Last edited:

meenmachine7

Search and Employ
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2016
You are by far my favourite pokemon hacker, I enjoyed the RB series and for you to add anther addition is mind blowing, seriously thank you so much for the hard work on this up and coming hack

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Update~
Part 1 of 5 of Chapter 1 is done!
Next weekend, or whenever I get free time, I'll be moving to part 2 of 5 of Chapter 1!

Anyway, screenies!

awcpqt.jpg
2ltmuzt.jpg

Rival Atif's OW has been finalized. :3

w1xmo.jpg

It's quite obvious where this is located.

wl4njc.jpg

Random NPC.

2vsfbt5.jpg

Inside the gym (horay for lazy mapping!). Also, Rival Cole's OW has also been finalized. :3

119zcsm.jpg
2z75447.jpg

Freebies are always great!

211n5j.jpg

And then our gym leader. :3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Are you gonna change the sprite of the hero/heroine ?
I dont know if you answer this question, but how far the first beta go ?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Looks really interesting , I'm expecting it to be as good as the rest of the series ( and Skyline which is....ummm dead :( ) You have never let down your fans with your hacks ( guess you are the only one here that has finished 3 original hacks ). So yeah I'm anticipating for it's release , Good Luck :)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wait... Part 1 of 5 of Chapter 1?
Do we get a Walking Dead game style of gameplay divided into chapters?

No idea. I'm not watching that series. =/

Are you gonna change the sprite of the hero/heroine ?

Maybe. Not sure at the moment~

I dont know if you answer this question, but how far the first beta go ?

First gym?
Second gym?
Third gym?
Depends on your "choice" and my "lazy meter". :P

Years
Idk if this is just me, but for some reason, in every other thread I comment, it ends up being inactive for some days :/... But enough going off topic.. I must say Jagold, the graphics have actually stepped up(even though a part of believes that you aren't going to focus much on the graphics as it may just lead to the downfall of your hack, just like Skyline), but yeah, the trees and the grass look more clean and polished, so great job... Also, am I the only one that noticed Brock's new hair color? Ironically, it suits him! And the rival count just keeps on growing and growing.. What would scare the living hell out of me would be if you had to went through all the rivals at the same time, much like at the bridge in X and Y... But hey that's just me.. Keep up the great work!(I swear to Arceus, if this thread becomes inactive again, because of my comment, I'm gonna lose it -_-)

Years
Since this takes place in Kanto, wouldn't the Gym Leaders have a remixed version of the region's Gym Leader battle theme, like one that is a remix of the Gen II Kanto Gym Battle or use the PWT version from BW2 since those sounded awesome enough. XD

Years
Me neither, I was referring to the game but the main question was whether the game will be divided into Chapters and those into subchapters that will end with some cutscene or something =D
You mean like Pokemon Reborn with the end of each episode?

Oh and this maybe irrelevant, but if you decide to keep Landon and May's sprites then this theory could help... Since this is after all, a alternate or broken timeline(the title itself made it obvious), how about you go with the theory that Landon never moved to Hoenn but instead moved to Kanto from Johto! That way, there will be no problem to deal with the beginning of the game(the truck sounds i.e) and along with that, you will have no reason whatsoever to make any new hero/heroine sprites, fulfilling your lazy needs :P.. I guess it's worth a shot, don't you think?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
~Updates~
2j0dt2o.jpg
Nic's OW has been finalized!
5l2m1t.jpg
Just some random event.
2rho2vd.jpg
And I updated Sis' event 'cause I forgot to add the Running Shoes xD

Nic - Knock - Sis
Say that ten times, fast~ xD

Me neither, I was referring to the game but the main question was whether the game will be divided into Chapters and those into subchapters that will end with some cutscene or something =D

Originally, yes, that was the plan (minus the cutscene part).
But eh, the lazyness struck me, so, oh well~

Oooh awesome job DJG :3
Also I dunno why you would say the Gym battle theme from LoG sounded horrible, I thought it was pretty good...somewhat. XD

>:/

I must say Jagold, the graphics have actually stepped up(even though a part of believes that you aren't going to focus much on the graphics as it may just lead to the downfall of your hack, just like Skyline), but yeah, the trees and the grass look more clean and polished, so great job...

Main reason SkyLine died is because I couldn't think of other stories that were outside the realm of the Ruby Destiny series, so...SkyLine dived down and died. =/

Also, am I the only one that noticed Brock's new hair color? Ironically, it suits him!

About Brock, the color change was unintentional. FireRed OW palletes are very different from Ruby's, so yeah.

And the rival count just keeps on growing and growing.. What would scare the living hell out of me would be if you had to went through all the rivals at the same time, much like at the bridge in X and Y... But hey that's just me.. Keep up the great work!

That would actually be pretty fun to script. xD

(I swear to Arceus, if this thread becomes inactive again, because of my comment, I'm gonna lose it -_-)

The main reason why it goes inactive is because there's no beta for people to report to me some bugs or other things. That, and there are also better hacks/mods around. :P

Since this takes place in Kanto, wouldn't the Gym Leaders have a remixed version of the region's Gym Leader battle theme, like one that is a remix of the Gen II Kanto Gym Battle or use the PWT version from BW2 since those sounded awesome enough. XD

I'm not good at music though, plus, music editing is kinda low on the priority, unless I needed to add some music for a certain event that would fit that event.
But I'll think about it.

Oh and this maybe irrelevant, but if you decide to keep Landon and May's sprites then this theory could help... Since this is after all, a alternate or broken timeline(the title itself made it obvious), how about you go with the theory that Landon never moved to Hoenn but instead moved to Kanto from Johto! That way, there will be no problem to deal with the beginning of the game(the truck sounds i.e) and along with that, you will have no reason whatsoever to make any new hero/heroine sprites, fulfilling your lazy needs :P.. I guess it's worth a shot, don't you think?

I don't think there's no need for me to do that, since this game isn't really in the same universe of where the game actually takes place.
...then again, Blue being a gym leader cancels that reasoning of mine...
...aw heck, I'll deal with that later. :P

Back