• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Global Link Mobile

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Keep in mind that this is just an idea. Nothing of this is confirmed

Do you think a mobile Global Link app for Android/ iOS could be introduced for BW2? Would you use it?

Personally, I think it's a must. I'm too lazy to start my computer for the dream world only. Besides that, I think it is a really weak side. It isn't advanced enough, but on the other hand is the maximum of internet games. I think that it would be perfect for mobile platforms, as you can quickly start it, play 5 minutes, and lay it down again. Also you'd have, like the pokewalker, your pokemon with you at all times. If they would add an offline section with it, to for example 'download' your pokemon to be used with the accelomter to get a pokewalker like feature, that would be perfect!

Also, do you have any ideas of what they could do with this? Discuss!

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
If they released something of the sort I would definitely download it. Provided its free.
I'd personally like the fact that you could have your pokemon around in your android... its a nice idea.

They could also add the same feature the pokewalker has and let you communicate with others with the app near you. And add a trainer house similar to the one in HGSS. I think this would be used a lot more if they did it and had options to do a region wide search etc to just get info like that. Dunno, just a thought ^^

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
This is a really cool idea! :) I'd love to see an official Pokémon app, especially one that lets you access the Dream World without a computer (which I don't have right now.) Even if it was like $1.99, that's still cheap, cheaper than the PokéWalker anyway. But yeah, Nintendo should get on top of that and design some apps. I'd also like to see a PokéDex app since Lukomon took their's down and I lost money...maybe a BW2 walk through app :)

Last edited:
Years
I highly doubt it would happen, but I think some form of app in which you could transfer Pokemon to, like the Pokewalker or the Dream World would be cool.​

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
YES YES YES YES YES YES and YES!!!!!!
I would love this because since im a teenage boy my dad doesnt trust me fully to get on the main computer😏 the only internet i have is my iphone(which im typing off of right now) if a pgl mobile app came out i would actually spend 99¢ on this app( yup i got money like that

( if your wondering why my dad donsnt know that the iphone has internet hes not very tech-savvy he just thinks its a phone DUMMY)

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Yeah, I'd like something like that. The only problem is that here are a lot of different platforms and phones.

I mean ... You've got IOS. Wich uses Objective-C. You've got Android, wich uses Java and has all kinds of different phones (think about all those screen sizes, for example. As a developer you need to think about things like that). You've got Black Berry, wich I do not know much about xD. You've got Windows Phone, wich uses C#.

Making an app for all mobile devices is really hard. Much harder than making a game for the DS. The DS only has 1 programming language (c++, I believe) and one screen size (XL and 3DS have bigger screens, but the same amount of pixels). I'm afraid making an app like that would be too bothersome for the poor Gamefreak developers.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
That'd be pretty sweet, a way to transfer your pokemon using a mobile device. Hm, it prob wouldn't be free though, and hopefully wouldn't be more than 2 or 3 dollars. I think they'd be focusing on the game more than making an app but it would be so cool to have this.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
A mobile version of the Global Link would be great. Another added feature that I would love to see for iOS/Android Pokemon would be some kind of Stadium like minigame. You could transfer your Pokemon to your phone/iPod and battle with them. You wouldn't gain experience, but you could gain items and Dream World Pokemon to transfer back to B2W2.

Cid

Years
It's very unlikely. They'll probably wait for other games to very explicitly include apps of this function for the Android/iOS, because I'm not sure if Game Freak or Nintendo is familiar enough with this territory. Maybe it's moderately possible to do and maybe it would be a welcome addition to the games, but I'm not getting my hopes up on this one.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It seems easier to use the Global Link on a computer, I have a feeling Id have a hard time using it on an iPhone/Android, an iPad maybe would be a little easier because its a tablet, I just cant see that on a tiny screen tbh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would love it if they did add a mobile version. Maybe they could make one for the 3Ds at least given how the AR seacher can be used to send Pokemon, so why not a Global link version which could do the same for dream Pokemon?

Back