• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Crying Until the End! [ Mother/Earthbound Club ]

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

no crying until the end
Lucas-ClausDance.gif

tonda gossa!

This is a club for all you Mother/Earthbound fans. :) Here, you can rejoice because you'll finally have somewhere to talk about this gem of a series. Shame it's only three games long, isn't it? :( Also, anyone that's a fan of just Lucas or Ness from the Super Smash Bros series is free to join as well. This way, you can learn about the wonderful series that they come from, and perhaps play on your own! And if you're also a fan or follower of the fan project, Mother 4, this is the place for that as well. :)

about the series

The Mother series is characterized by strange enemies, great music, stories that pull at your heart strings and make you think, monkeys, fuzzy pickles, 1950's sci-fi sort of feel, Franklin Badges, smelly slogans, witty and charming dialog, Mr. Saturn, baseball bats, and children with psychic powers. At the time Mother was released, it redefined what RPGs were and showed gamers and even developers that RPGs didn't have to be the stereotypical medieval type story. Of course, there just aren't enough words to describe the series. You just have to play it and find out yourself!

rules

1. All PC and Other Clubs rules apply!
2. You are free to discuss anything and everything Mother related, as well as Mother references and appearances in the Super Smash Bros series.
3. Considering the nature of theses games, please use spoiler tags when talking about major plot points or spoilery fan art! Remember, not everyone has played all three games in the series, myself included.
4. That being said though, please don't link to any of the ROMs for the games.
5. Respect everyone. Or else I'll use PK report button.

Thank you for reading these rules. They love you now.

Username:
Favorite Game:
Favorite Character:
Did you cry before the end?:
Sprite: Pick an NPC sprite to go beside your name in the member list! You can look here for sprites, or here.

However, if you're not too familiar with the series and are joining to learn more about it, you can use this sign-up format instead:

Username:
How did you find out about Mother?:
What got you interested?:
Which game are you most interested in playing?:
Sprite: You can look here or here or I can find one for you if you'd rather.

member list

Lucas.PNG
Sydian
Overworld_Snake.png
Myrrhman
RopeSnake.PNG
droomph​

useful links

Earthbound Wiki
Mother/Earthbound Tumblr
NintendoCapriSun's Mother 3 Let's Play

fuzzy pickles!
Ninten.png
Ness.png
Lucas.PNG

this club stinks!

css by twilightblade

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Username: Why is this always a thing for us to put, can't you just look at who posted? Also Myrrh
Favorite Game: The original. Was it just Mother? I played it as Earthbound.
Favorite Character: No idea why, but it was the Coil Snake.
How did I lrn2 Mother? A friend convinced me to try the original, and I loved it (but sadly never finished it)
What got me interested? A friend convinced me to try the original, and I loved it.
Which game am I most interested in playing? Probably finishing the original.
Did I cry before the end? I think I've cried since I started playing, as that was quite a few years ago. They were man tears tho.
Sprite: I can look here or here or you can find one for me if I'd rather: Find me a coil snake.

Edit: Lol I got messed up and signed up for everything.

Edit 2: Fuzzy Pickles. Discuss.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since you picked no sprite, you can be the Coil Snake! :> I never played Mother (some refer to it as Earthbound Zero btw). I've heard it's the hardest in the series actually. Also, Fuzzy Pickles is MUCH better than cheese when taking pictures, don't you agree?

Favorite Game: Mother 3! Only one I've played though so. ;(
Favorite Character: Lucas! :)
Did you cry before the end?: YES OMG.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Really? I didn't think it was too terribly difficult, other than the part where I stopped playing. That made it significantly harder. And I'm glad they kept fuzzy pickles throughout the series. That was fo sho the best part of the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I started to watch an LP of it today and the guy was like "this one is hard af. i only recommend it to hardcore RPG fans." But then again, it was Chuggaaconroy so BLEH about whatever he says tbqh. And idr fuzzy pickles in Mother 3...maybe I forgot. It's been a while since I played it, but I watched an LP of it the past few days and never saw it so...idk.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm not only a perfectionist challenger (that's what I've deemed myself on these forums) in Pokemon, I do it in other games too. My friend is convincing me to do a 1/156 run on Mother. Apparently at various points in the game, you can beat enemies that have a 1/156 chance of dropping an item. There's a bunch of them too, and you try to collect them all. I passed.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Maybe you should try collecting all the enemy backsprites in Mother 3. I think there's an in-game reward, but I'm not really sure, lol.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hon, after my endless supply of Pokemon Challenges, I still have a plethora of other games on my list.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh I bet, lol. Also, I updated the first post...a lot. Got some great CSS from the lovely TwilightBlade! There was also a sunflower CSS template which would be more appropriate, but maybe we can switch to it some other time. Plus I was getting tired.

droomph

weeb
Years
Username: droomph
Favorite Game: 3rd game. weeee
Favorite Character: Flint, for some reason
Did you cry before the end?: as much as I did for PMD2. Which is none. Which doesn't mean it wasn't sad. I only cry when I get hit.
Sprite: the red rope snake. I don't know if it's that but I want the red one.

so cute

and zelda

omg

so

cute

answer the current topic!: (PoC has it so I dunno)

Yes go for the sunflower one.

yes please

and there's no topic but I'll try to answer it:

what is your favorite part about the series?

I loved the ending in M3. It's 16-bit glory. Pokemon hasn't made an ending so perfect.

But then again, he worked like 5 years on that one game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YAY someone joined. ;-; Why are there no fans for this!? And yes, you can be Rope Snake. :> ...lol I love how you and Myrrh are snakes. And yeah maybe I'll switch to sunflower CSS when more people join to even appreciate it... :( sniff sniff.

Flint is p cool btw. Except that creepy part on Tanetane Island. DADDY'S GONNA BEAT YOU BOY

droomph

weeb
Years
I just came up with some sort of activity!

MOTHER 4!!!

The creator of the Earthbound series has stated that he won't make any more Mother games (because of the technical difficulties), but that third parties are free to take a crack at the fourth one. And we love Earthbound!...

So why don't we try to make an Earthbound game (plan it, at least) that trumps all the other three in awesomeness?

Ready? Go!

(annnnnnnnd)

Back