• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
This game looks incredible. Only reason I haven't picked it up is because there isn't a way to control the IVs your Pokemon receive. I'm not saying you have to add a perfector, even though that is the preferred method, but updated breeding mechanics work as well. Maybe give the player the option to have an IV perfector? The challenge is deciding which Pokémon you want to use, including their movesets, not grinding for hours trying to get lucky with a system that spits out IVs randomly.

Maximoff

Aspiring Hacker
Years
No, and, jusdging by you asking that specific question, I'm guessing you either tried it yourself, or have heard talks of it. The only way to put the original cries in requires a much more in depth series of hacks to make it work out, and I'm not an expert. Sorry.

Sorry to barge in but does your ROM not work with the Cry Editor tool? It seem fairly simple to use, there's even a video tutorial on it on Anthroyd's channel (can't post links yet)

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
This game looks incredible. Only reason I haven't picked it up is because there isn't a way to control the IVs your Pokemon receive. I'm not saying you have to add a perfector, even though that is the preferred method, but updated breeding mechanics work as well. Maybe give the player the option to have an IV perfector? The challenge is deciding which Pokémon you want to use, including their movesets, not grinding for hours trying to get lucky with a system that spits out IVs randomly.

I mean, this is kinda how pokemon games have always been. I do have ways of instantly maxing out IV's, but that's incredibly unbalanced. Also, most attempts at influencing ivs results in a bad checksum on the pokemon, turning it into a bad egg regardless of what it is. Only programmatically setting them to 31 has worked for me so far.

Honestly, iv's only give you 30 or so points total to a stat give or take 10 depending on base values
You can accomplish more with EV's and nature, which can be influenced via Synchronize.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
Sorry to barge in but does your ROM not work with the Cry Editor tool? It seem fairly simple to use, there's even a video tutorial on it on Anthroyd's channel (can't post links yet)

It would probably be a good option. If I was Binary hacking. I'm not, I'm using the decompilation project, which means each time i make changes, I compile a brand new ROM. Editors like this are not an option, cause I'd have to re-apply the changes every time I compiled, which is dozens to hundreds of times a night, when adding or testing features. Additionally, the reason cries can't readily be edited is because I'm using slots that were reserved for old unowns from gold and silver, but were never implemented since they didn't make them forwards compatible. These slots are all hard codedto have the same cry, and that's the cry they currently have.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
Is the hack finished or it will have another update soon?

I'm always releasing new content updates. I will continue to do so until I run out of ideas. or space. Save files are usually forwards compatible, so you can use the same save file when you update. If something breaks a save, I usually include debug features that can be used to make them compatible. So feel free to go ahead and download the patch and play the game. 95% of the time, new updates are forwards compatible.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
The menu does strangely enough not pop up. And I was also confused since the menu is up inside of the van in the screenshot

You either improperly patched the rom, or the patch failed. Try the newest patch and a clean rom.

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I read there are problems with some emulators, just to be sure, does this works well with VBA 1.7.2 and with the emulator MyBoy for android?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Hello, this is my first post. Excited to find a hack with DizzyEgg's v2 engine.

I wanted to know if you ever, EVER plan to add gen 7 pokémons or create a hack with the Alolan region. I just finished Gaia, Blazed Glazed and Drayano's Renegade Platinum.

This is shaping up to be my next one!

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
Hello, this is my first post. Excited to find a hack with DizzyEgg's v2 engine.

I wanted to know if you ever, EVER plan to add gen 7 pokémons or create a hack with the Alolan region. I just finished Gaia, Blazed Glazed and Drayano's Renegade Platinum.

This is shaping up to be my next one!

There are no plans presently, But there also weren't plans to put in the jukebox, or dynamic weather, or relationship systems either. So, all I can give you is... Unfortunately, not for now.
I also don't plan on adding any Alolan mons unless they're evolutions of gen 3 pokemon. Alolan forms don't really count, and it wouldn't make much sense for there to be Alolan forms in Hoenn, you know?
I am only one person, it'd be a massive undertaking to add a new region, especially considering how long it took me to get my training center in. (Which also wasn't in the original plan, btw!)

But I'm always adding new features and content to my game, and plan to do so until I run out of ideas.

Be sure to join the discord to get bleeding edge updates, or information on new content!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
There are no plans presently, But there also weren't plans to put in the jukebox, or dynamic weather, or relationship systems either. So, all I can give you is... Unfortunately, not for now.
I also don't plan on adding any Alolan mons unless they're evolutions of gen 3 pokemon. Alolan forms don't really count, and it wouldn't make much sense for there to be Alolan forms in Hoenn, you know?
I am only one person, it'd be a massive undertaking to add a new region, especially considering how long it took me to get my training center in. (Which also wasn't in the original plan, btw!)

But I'm always adding new features and content to my game, and plan to do so until I run out of ideas.

Be sure to join the discord to get bleeding edge updates, or information on new content!

Great, I'll join your Discord. :) Thanks for your hard work! Just want to sneak this in: I'd love to see a Pkcenter + PkMart combo at every city like the newer generations.

All the best to you, sir.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 15, 2023
I got up to the devon corp part and can't find at way to get on the ship(Mr.Briney). Now all I can do to advance is go towards Meteor Falls.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have the same problem described above. I guess we're supposed to play the game out of order?

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker
Years
I got up to the devon corp part and can't find at way to get on the ship(Mr.Briney). Now all I can do to advance is go towards Meteor Falls.

I have the same problem described above. I guess we're supposed to play the game out of order?

Well you can just Swim the route the boat would take. Briney doesn't exist anymroe in the early part of the game, his scripts were conflicting with my open world stuff. You could also go up to meteor falls, exit there, and go over that way, if you wanted. You can go anywhere. You don't need HMs or anything to do so.
OFndqyJ.gifv

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I appreciate the response and the making of this hack. Fun game so far thanks to the difficulty.

One more question - how does one get a Gallade? Are Dawn Stones available somewhere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back