• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2009
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, Which game is the easiest to hack for a first timer? just been reading something on another forum of a hack game and thought I'll give it a go, the guy is using FR, but I wouldn't mind doing a D/P hack but not doing it before I thought i'd bugger up somehow, so should I start with FR to get a grasp of things?

Also, whats a decent move editor? I got a pack of editors but there isn't a move one in there, jsut want to change Name, base stats, etc etc of a move.

Years
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, Which game is the easiest to hack for a first timer? just been reading something on another forum of a hack game and thought I'll give it a go, the guy is using FR, but I wouldn't mind doing a D/P hack but not doing it before I thought i'd bugger up somehow, so should I start with FR to get a grasp of things?

Also, whats a decent move editor? I got a pack of editors but there isn't a move one in there, jsut want to change Name, base stats, etc etc of a move.
Firered would be the best ROM to hack.Also,try Advance Attack(Or something along the lines) for editing the move.A-Text should be used for moves.

Anyway,which ROM is best for tile inserting?My Ruby ROMs always screw up when I use tiles somebody else made.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
well douhh its not indexed you need to indexed it use infan view and click decrease collor depth to 16 platelets

I did that, but then the background color was set to index 8 instead of index 0 in the palette, so there was a blue-green box around the sprite when it loaded in-game.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I did that, but then the background color was set to index 8 instead of index 0 in the palette, so there was a blue-green box around the sprite when it loaded in-game.

I'll answer this in a little more detail and simplicity. First in the palette editor, switch the background colour with the first colour in the palette.
Then save them image but don't ovewrite the original.
Now in an images editor, paste the original over the new one and presto!

Or use Photoshop/Paintshop Pro to index it, you won't need to mess about with rearranging the palettes.

Daylight Savings Time

Fall back, spring ahead.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
Originally in Fire Red, when you unlock the national pokedex, it makes it so you can go into the cave in mount ember. However, if you are hacking fired and use that flag those events will not happen, because if you are hacking the entire game, you will be editing the scripts.

I don't understand exactly what you mean.

Could you break it down a little bit?

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Does anybody know the special to activate the national dex in Ruby? Or hasn't it been discovered yet?

Thanks~

PokéScript
#raw 0x11 0x02 0x00 0x6B 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x03 0x01 0x6B 0x02 0x02
#raw 0x11 0xDA 0xBE 0x4E 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x67 0x5A 0x6A 0x02 0x02

XSE
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A

StheB

im a mapper not a scripter
Years
how do i create new islands with advanced map
and add the location to the world map?

Thanks in advance

Baserom : Ruby

Years
I was just wondering if there was a tool available for replacing the sprites of the Pokemon and Trainers in Gold. The in-battle sprites, not the overheads.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe AGIXP does that? It's like the unLZ.gba for GBC Roms. At least thats as far as I'm aware.
Question of my own- how the heck do you edit the grass animation? I don't even need to edit the tile, just the palette for the animation. It looks awful the was it is, so does anyone know how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back