• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last touch On the my Fire Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Sorry for the misspelled Title..
Hi, just allow me to say that I am not into competitive battling like too much. However I wanted to build a fire type team. Its something personal between me and someone else, so expect weird combination.

My team need to have a Full set of Fire Types, in my case, 4. Currently I have an Infernape, Charizard, and A Ninetale. The purpose of this thread is to help me with the EVs of this Ninetale. I basically won't use him offensively. I just use him for his drought ability. I taught him flamethrower and solarbeam (+drought).

So I am currently EV training him, but I have no idea were to invest other than speed. Can you help me out? I want to max out his speed and give him average spA and spD. Is it any good? Can you please tell me where to invest instead of these, that is if my distribution won't work well.

And since we are on the subject of a Fire Type team, what Other Fire type Pokemon do you recommend me to complete the set?

Physco

2+2=5
Years
I know another good fire-type Pokemon,
Magmortar.
To get it you first have to get a Magby.
If you have LeafGreen inserted in your GBA slot then go to Route 227.
There is an 8% chance of catching one.
I am guessing you have Diamond or Pearl (or Platinum)
You evolve Magby to Magmar then trade Magmar while it is holding Magmarizer.
Or...
You could migrate a Arcanine from Firered or have it inserted in the GBA slot and go to Route 201/202 to get Growlithe and give it a FireStone to evolve it to Arcanine.
Good Luck!
(P.S. You can give Ninetales some Carbos to raise its speed)

Physco

2+2=5
Years
I knew it!! It was the first thing that crossed my mind :P
Anyway, part of the question was which EV should I invest on Ninetales?
Can you help in this one?

Oh no, I cant.
Sorry I'm not good at that kind of stuff.
I just know where to find good Pokemon.
But, I could suggest looking at Bulbapedia or Google..

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
Ninetales has good Sp. Defense, so you could try to max out SpDef or make it a mixed wall and mix 252 between SpDef and Defense.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
is it wise to neglect his spA? Or will the drought cover that flaw?

Remember, he's just there for drought.

I immeadietly suggest Chandelure but I don't follow the tiers so I don't know if it's banned by now. It can pull of Solar Beam, Inferno, etc. with it's superb stats.

Since Nintales won't be used for attacking so much, you could do something like Will-o-Wisp or something. You could also run Safeguard, if your opponent is going to use status problems (do yo know what your friend is going to use?) Another option might be Grudge.

Do you know what your opponent is using? (Are they monotyping too?) If you don't, it's helpful to be prepared for everything, a pure Fire, Fire-Fighting, and Fire-Flying isn't prepared for Water types.

I put your team through the Marriland type-table thingy and the weaknesses don't look good. (I would post an image of the table, but I'd have to go through the Photobucket crap and I'm too lazy, sorry)
Your major weakness are: 3 weak to water, two weak to ground(Charizard sort of counters this but it's still a weak spot) and 4x weakness to rock located in Charizard (making it's counter to ground useless because ground pokemon typically learn rock moves and vice versa).

Also, are you using just four pokemon or are you using two non-fire pokemon? If the latter, it's still not wise to have four pokemon with a common weakness. Maybe Heat Rotom could cover up the Water weakness, but it's HP is pitiful and won't last long. Again, it really depends on whether those other two slots will be used or not: If they will, you might want to go with Chandelure, Magmortar (as somebody else said), etc., but if they won't, you may have to use Heat Rotom to cover up your weaknesses.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Remember, he's just there for drought.

I immeadietly suggest Chandelure but I don't follow the tiers so I don't know if it's banned by now. It can pull of Solar Beam, Inferno, etc. with it's superb stats.

Since Nintales won't be used for attacking so much, you could do something like Will-o-Wisp or something. You could also run Safeguard, if your opponent is going to use status problems (do yo know what your friend is going to use?) Another option might be Grudge.

Do you know what your opponent is using? (Are they monotyping too?) If you don't, it's helpful to be prepared for everything, a pure Fire, Fire-Fighting, and Fire-Flying isn't prepared for Water types.

I put your team through the Marriland type-table thingy and the weaknesses don't look good. (I would post an image of the table, but I'd have to go through the Photobucket crap and I'm too lazy, sorry)
Your major weakness are: 3 weak to water, two weak to ground(Charizard sort of counters this but it's still a weak spot) and 4x weakness to rock located in Charizard (making it's counter to ground useless because ground pokemon typically learn rock moves and vice versa).

Also, are you using just four pokemon or are you using two non-fire pokemon? If the latter, it's still not wise to have four pokemon with a common weakness. Maybe Heat Rotom could cover up the Water weakness, but it's HP is pitiful and won't last long. Again, it really depends on whether those other two slots will be used or not: If they will, you might want to go with Chandelure, Magmortar (as somebody else said), etc., but if they won't, you may have to use Heat Rotom to cover up your weaknesses.

Thanks for the info and just so that you know, I am limited to choose only 4 PkMns and all of them must be fire types. I use drought so that I might expect a sweep. This team is not specialized for serious competitive online battles, as i said b4, its something personal.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I would invest in Special Defense EV's for Ninetails, and go for a pokemon like Magmortar or Blaziken.

Years
Ninetails doesn't have very good stats. Use Blissey and teach it softboiled, flamethrower, sunny day, and toxic. Then give it the rock that extends sunny day's effect.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Thanks for the info and just so that you know, I am limited to choose only 4 PkMns and all of them must be fire types. I use drought so that I might expect a sweep. This team is not specialized for serious competitive online battles, as i said b4, its something personal.

Yes, but if said other person has bulky waters, it could be dangerous. Besides, if you're requesting EVs, it must have at least a thin layer of competetive battling in it, right? But, if you really want to just sweep, I suggest Chandelure or Magmortar. Chandelure has the higher SpAtk by about 25 points. It has slightly lower Spdef by 5 and a Speed lower by 3, and lower HP by 15 (and far lower attack, but that is completely irrelevant).

As other people have said, I do suggest investing majorly in Speed, and then second priority SpDef. In fact, I'm really bad with EVs, so you should be listening to other people, not me :P
Ninetails doesn't have very good stats. Use Blissey and teach it softboiled, flamethrower, sunny day, and toxic. Then give it the rock that extends sunny day's effect.

It's a fire only team. It'd be a nice idea though.

Last edited:
Years
It's a fire only team. It'd be a nice idea though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you can still use it. I think as long as it has fire moves it can be used right?

Anti

return of the king
Years
Oh no, I cant.
Sorry I'm not good at that kind of stuff.
I just know where to find good Pokemon.
But, I could suggest looking at Bulbapedia or Google..

It isn't very useful to tell someone to Google something. ;(

This is probably better for this thread in the future since this is actually a pretty simple request. For now I'll lock this, but if you have a completed team of six Pokemon that you'd like help with, you can repost or I can open it for you.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was in In-Game Team Help. That's where you want to post something like this since that's where non-competitive battling threads go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back