• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How do you guys trade?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I try not to trade anything to my new games if I don't have to. I try to make living pokedexes every game, so I'd rather get another one of what I need instead of have gaps in the older game.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I traded over a Corphish egg for my team.

Pinta77

I like raising my own team to beat the game. However I used a level 100 Entei I traded over to beat black tower.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I don't until I defeat the Elite 4 because every new game is meant to be a new adventure every time, and I believe that it defeats the purpose and takes all the fun out of it! But yeah after the Elite 4 I trade over quite a bit.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I only trade eggs if I haven't beaten the Elite 4. I don't like using Pokemon from my old games because I prefer starting the game with new Pokemon and training them. If there's a Pokemon I'd like to be in my team, then I get an egg of that Pokemon and I trade it (it's what I did with my Archen), but never high-level Pokemon.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I also usually trade over everything of importance A.S.A.P., but don't use them in my in-game team.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I also didn't have to abandon any of my Pokemon in my in game team (except for Unfezant). The only time I traded any Pokemon were for them to send a Lucky Egg to my game and after beating the Elite Four, to fill up my Pokedex; I usually bred Pokemon from my Pokemon White version and send eggs over to my Black 2. I am planning to go on the GTS in order to get some foreign Pokemon so I can get access to the Unity Tower in order to get the "travel to every place in Unova" medal.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
I wait until after the elite four, trade over every single pokemon I have from previous games, and then start again on the older games.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I don't trade until I finish. Usually. The one time I did I didn't finish the playthrough :P. But if I actually play, I only use the pokemon I catch in the game until the E4.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
Whenever I start a new generation, I only trade within that generation. I've traded between Black and White for all the version exclusives. Now, with White 2, I'm in the (very slow) process of trading over the 151 Unova Pokemon from White. Since White 2 is a continuation for me, I'm trying to have my Pokedex accurately reflect the cummulative experience through both games, and focus on catching the 150 Pokemon that were added to the Unova Dex.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
I like the challenge of using pokemon I've never used before. It makes the game more fun. I've only used pokemon I got in a trade over the GTS, if at all. For a while I used an Elgyem from another guy, but didn't use it for a long time, because I wanted to use it only when I had pokemon that were around it's level. Now, I've replaced it with a Drifblim.

Back