• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
When I start the game, I can name myself and my rival, but when it goes to my character to be able to play all i see is a black screen. Any help?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
TBH by the end of this beta I may consider finishing the hack early. Because it'll take most of your
Pokemon into Level 45-50. Especially because the plan was to go to Johto. To me it would be odd
running around Johto with Level 50's when Team Rocket is supposedly weak. I'll look into it.

I don't mean to be rude, but how about a slap to the face of the trainer? ^^ By that, I mean that somewhere in the storyline, TR sees how strong your Pokemon are and takes them away from you. You then start off with a new starter (or a weaker version of your old one). I don't know, it could be an idea :p

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I don't mean to be rude, but how about a slap to the face of the trainer? ^^ By that, I mean that somewhere in the storyline, TR sees how strong your Pokemon are and takes them away from you. You then start off with a new starter (or a weaker version of your old one). I don't know, it could be an idea :p

Not to mention, but his/her idea is not bad at all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
It's always the team rocket hacks that go unfinished haha. I hope you continue to work on it because it's one of the more promising team rocket hacks ive seen. The other ones are extremely dark or the hack maker put little effort into it.

I also don't think the playerbase would care about team rocket being supposedly weak. Having team rocket with level 50s in johto makes very little difference to me. Whatever helps make the hack easier and quicker to make / release, I'm fine with. hope you continue with this hack !

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2014
I think snubull is a bit op due to the fact that flinch freeze don't work if using the fangs and said fangs have 100% chance of doing there status.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2013
I downloaded this game yesterday (2013-08-27) and i just finished mt moon but when i go talk to Giovanni he just says: Dont fail me.... Is it a bug or is it an old version im playing on?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 27, 2014
I just wanted to comment on how fantastic this is so far. Playing from a unique perspective with plot progression other than "acquire badge, challenge gym" is refreshing and isn't often done, not to mention the chance to be a part of Team Rocket and carry out notorious deeds. I love the little quirks of dialogue you added to each NPC that really immerse yourself in the world, and how not everyone reacts kindly to your presence upon speaking to them, even in towns. Overall this is one of the more engaging hacks I've had the chance to play so far. I can't wait for the final version.

I've noticed a few bugs that haven't been majorly addressed on the front page. I apologize if they have been brought up previously:
-Fainted enemies will sometimes attack in double battles if the other person is on their last pokemon.
-Signs can't be read.
-Giovanni doesn't seem to acknowledge your acquisition of the fossils or any of your previous missions when you return back to base after completion of the second, but you can freely pursue the third one.
- Red's name is coming up as "1360" in the helicopter dialogue.

In any case, thanks for working on this hack and sharing it with the public and good luck. It's a rare little treasure in its own right.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I just wanted to comment on how fantastic this is so far. Playing from a unique perspective with plot progression other than "acquire badge, challenge gym" is refreshing and isn't often done, not to mention the chance to be a part of Team Rocket and carry out notorious deeds. I love the little quirks of dialogue you added to each NPC that really immerse yourself in the world, and how not everyone reacts kindly to your presence upon speaking to them, even in towns. Overall this is one of the more engaging hacks I've had the chance to play so far. I can't wait for the final version.

I've noticed a few bugs that haven't been majorly addressed on the front page. I apologize if they have been brought up previously:
-Fainted enemies will sometimes attack in double battles if the other person is on their last pokemon.
-Signs can't be read.
-Giovanni doesn't seem to acknowledge your acquisition of the fossils or any of your previous missions when you return back to base after completion of the second, but you can freely pursue the third one.
- Red's name is coming up as "1360" in the helicopter dialogue.

In any case, thanks for working on this hack and sharing it with the public and good luck. It's a rare little treasure in its own right.

Thanks for that :D
And those bugs you've pointed out I wasn't really aware of actually.

To be honest it's getting to the point where there are so many bugs, mainly due to crap scripting,
that I may even start the hack over. I think what I'll do, is release the next beta, treat it as the 'end' of the hack, and then start over on a stable rom. I'm working on a rombase now that'll act as the template for it.

The next beta will be out probably in September October? I keep pushing the date back because of bug fixes, but due to this recent revelation, I'll work on it quicker.

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
Years
Honestly, this is my favorite hack and more enjoyable than the original Fire Red. :)
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I would love for you to finish this eventually! Your spriting is really good, sometimes James flashes an odd color though. Your storyline makes me feel integrated into Team Rocket, so mission succeeded there. Also, I know Team Rocket uses Pokemon for tools, but if you could somehow forge a bond with your Pokemon the way Jessie and James do with theirs in the first season I would love that! (Basically, I want a Crobat lol) Anyway, kudos to you for this (sorry if I'm gushing).

UnlawfulExile

Pokemon Let's Player (6k subs)
Years
For anyone just coming to look over this thread this is easily the best Team Rocket hack out there and one of the most promising hacks i have seen on here in a long time.

sQuEwaWaweE

old newcomer
Years
I like this hack, especially the idea of being able to steal things and pokemon from other trainers. Can't wait and looking forward for the latest update/release.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
This is amazing♥
I love the idea of being a team rocket grunt.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
This game does not run on my GBA the save type is in 128k, what do I do now help me?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 28, 2014
Amazing hack when will the new update be released i just took cubone skulls and fought mr fuji is there anything more i can do?

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
I have spent the better part of five months playing many different Pokemon hacks, this is easily one of my favorites. I'm really looking forward to seeing this be completed. Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back