• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Scene, On or Off?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I turn the animations off whenever I'm in a grinding session, to speed things up considerably. Otherwise, I leave it on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm an old guy. I stopped being impatient years ago. The animations look nice, so I leave them on. It just seems sort of empty without them.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
i don't think I've turned it off yet, but i know how annoying some of the flashy intros and such can be. Maybe if i do some grinding i'll turn it off.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Im like the TC i used to like them on until i turned them off and realized how smooth the game is, however ive been starting to them on now except for training and when looking for a certain pokemon

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I did try to play Emerald with the Battle Scene turned off. Training was indeed faster, and so is battling trainers. Though, I'm really used to seeing the animations of the moves; the battles I encounter feel incomplete without them being shown. They also make the battles look spectacular. So eventually, I switched the Battle Scene on and decided to leave it be.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Normally on, but off when level grinding.
It's actually much easier, at least for me, to follow a battle with the animations on.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Always on for me. It makes me imagine the Pokemon actually battling. Having it off makes the battle even more boring.

Years
I usually keep them on for the first play through but then it's off all the time. Battles are just so dang slow with them on and a few flashy animations are not worth having a super slow fight (and I'm all about speedy game play through when I'm doing a challenge) :|

Last edited:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
It's much more fun to have the battle animations on. But I'm going to be doing some level grinding in Red later today & I'll be turning it off during that lol.

Back