• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm gonna start watching MLP again. I'm alone 99% of the day bored to death so why not.

Also wasn't Twilight technically already a princess when Shining Armor and Cadance got married in Season 2 finale? Unless you need to be an alicorn to be a princess in MLP.

Years
Also wasn't Twilight technically already a princess when Shining Armor and Cadance got married in Season 2 finale? Unless you need to be an alicorn to be a princess in MLP.
If Equestrian royalty works the same way as it does here, Shining Armor would only be the Prince Consort of the Crystal Empire, rather than a true prince. The most recent example I can think of is when Kate married Prince William in England- she became a Princess Consort, but her brother and sister didn't gain any formal titles, just like Twilight.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I see Twilight's transition as a princess more of a "promotion" rather than gaining a title due to a specific reason (just because she's Celestia's student). From what I understood, she was able to perfect magic, like having to cast/reverse a spell that Star Swirl never finished, and Twilight was able to perfect it.

You know what else I'm expecting? HOPEFULLY the CMCs get their cutie marks. The speculation right now is strong. lmao.

Years
While it would be nice to see CMC get cutie marks, but i don't think they will because not having them and wanting them is what makes them different from other ponies. But i am pretty interested into what kind of cutie marks they would get.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
While it would be nice to see CMC get cutie marks, but i don't think they will because not having them and wanting them is what makes them different from other ponies. But i am pretty interested into what kind of cutie marks they would get.
Well the Show Stoppers episodes hinted which talent the Cutie Mark Crusaders have (Applebloom's good at sewing, Sweetie Belle's good at singing, and Scootaloo's good at riding on her scooter).

Years
Well the Show Stoppers episodes hinted which talent the Cutie Mark Crusaders have (Applebloom's good at sewing, Sweetie Belle's good at singing, and Scootaloo's good at riding on her scooter).

I totally forgot about that episode. I guess i'll rewatch it when i find the time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm fairly certain Sweetie Belle's going to get a musical cutie mark because of how amazing of a singer she is. I'm just surprised it's taking a bit too long, she should have gotten it by now. That's like...her talent right there. xD

I think Scootaloo might get her's when she starts flying...eventually imo.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
On the other hand, I feel like allowing the CMC to finally get their cutie marks would allow them to develop in different ways. It was only recently that the CMCs had episodes not devoted to them trying to get their cutie marks. I would think that them finally getting their cutie marks will still make them different from other ponies (and I'm sure that there's always younger ponies that they can mentor) but their characters are no longer held back with "must get cutie mark even though it's pretty obvious what they'd get for their marks" story lines.

I do agree that Sweetie Belle should get a mark related to singing. They showed several times that that's where her talent lies, and I can picture her as a famous singer, given how she tends to be on stage several times during the show's run.

ZekromWhite123

COOLNESS OVER 9000, but 20% cooler
Years
I'm fairly certain Sweetie Belle's going to get a musical cutie mark because of how amazing of a singer she is.

I very much agree with that, but in my eyes, I see only one of the CMC getting there cutie marks for now, and then which ever one of them gets it would become the leader of the club, because as they have mentioned before, even if one of them gets there cutie marks before the other, they would all still be part of the CMC. I know for Sweetie Belle, she's gonna get a music-related cutie mark, like Cadance said, and Scoot will get a scooter. But, ever since the episode "Twilight Time", it showed Applebloom brewing potions, so I think that could possibly be her talent. But who knows, her name IS Applebloom, so she could get an apple-related cutie mark!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I personally think applebloom is going to get a handy work mark, and scoot is going to more get something like an agility, or speed one because I think the idea of a scooter mark is.... Not good. Sweetie's is obvious so I won't touch upon it

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I very much agree with that, but in my eyes, I see only one of the CMC getting there cutie marks for now, and then which ever one of them gets it would become the leader of the club, because as they have mentioned before, even if one of them gets there cutie marks before the other, they would all still be part of the CMC. I know for Sweetie Belle, she's gonna get a music-related cutie mark, like Cadance said, and Scoot will get a scooter. But, ever since the episode "Twilight Time", it showed Applebloom brewing potions, so I think that could possibly be her talent. But who knows, her name IS Applebloom, so she could get an apple-related cutie mark!
You know, that actually makes an excellent idea for an MLP episode, where whichever one of the CMC has to learn the importance of leadership within her club and not become some kind of tyrant.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Apple Bloom is for sure getting something apple related, but what I'm noticing within her character is that she's trying things out that aren't apple-related. But I wouldn't be surprised if she goes for an apple-related talent and earn a cutie mark from there.

oh btw, i passed out the emblem to those who are active in the club! I'll continue to pass them out when I notice y'all's activity!

Years
I like the idea of one of them getting a cutie mark and then becoming the leader of the group. If it happens it will probably be Apple Bloom.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Apple Bloom is for sure getting something apple related, but what I'm noticing within her character is that she's trying things out that aren't apple-related. But I wouldn't be surprised if she goes for an apple-related talent and earn a cutie mark from there.

oh btw, i passed out the emblem to those who are active in the club! I'll continue to pass them out when I notice y'all's activity!

Heh oh Applebloom. She just wants it nao. Doesn't have to be apple related to her :p it'll probably be some handy-apple like mark though, 'least i think. I like to humor the idea of a wrench and an apple- which has been used by a few fandom artists in older pictures of her.

I like the idea of one of them getting a cutie mark and then becoming the leader of the group. If it happens it will probably be Apple Bloom.

I feel like it would be Applebloom too- the story of the CMC started with her, and she does kinda seem like the de facto leader. No way she would abandon them once she got it too- they could probably make an episode's lesson something - just because your personal situations change, doesn't mean your friends have to.

(I typed this on my phone so apologies in advance for any typoes or autocorrects that I missed)

Arsenic

Years
Bleh I got to have the always fun, "Yes, I'm a brony" talk with my friends today. That's always a fun one! And I know it's not over either bleh.

Any witty advice? (I'm out of witty/sarcastic comeback's of which I'm famous for, for now)

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Bleh I got to have the always fun, "Yes, I'm a brony" talk with my friends today. That's always a fun one! And I know it's not over either bleh.

Any witty advice? (I'm out of witty/sarcastic comeback's of which I'm famous for, for now)

Oooo... alright, well first off, what is / are your friends('?) attitude towards bronies, the show, or things that break gender stereotypes in general? And how comfortable are you with this situation initially? Could go a lot of ways. :I

Blanket statement advice though? Play it cool. Try not to look or sound uncomfortable, it's human nature to react to whomever you're communicating with based on their own disposition. If you act extremely natural with it, and play it cool - they'll have less reason and grounds to do or say anything that would make you more uncomfortable. Heck they may even just accept it outright. :p

Arsenic

Years
I already did that and it seemed to work for today. Got most of my material from a Saberspark video but whatever still worked.

And as far as attitude, one literally rolled around on the laughing, one laughed normally and one didn't much care and helped defend me.

Like I said the 'blanket statement' seemed to work for the most part (for now) other than a couple low blows (Some of which were actually rivaling my own witty-ness!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back