• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Chosen Destiny

How good is CDest, now, in your opinion?

• EXCELLENT! Keep up the good work!

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Uh, GREAT! Keep on going!

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Uh, I suggest that you need to improve, BIG TIME!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?! You call this a game?!

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
JonneyM > Because that time I was using a day / night system with Common Events, now, because scripting is effective, I'm now using a day/night script.

Jeff > Yes, I want to make it something like Booda's but, I don't know where to find the X Y Coordinates of the Battle background :(

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Hmm....did you check under all the Scene_Battles? Well, anyways, good luck with the day/night script!

(PS: I thought you were studying for exam.)

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
(PS: I thought you were studying for exam.)
Well, I usually have some time before i study and not to brag or anything, but, I'm able to take in info with only reading once, unless it's complicated of course.
Anyway, I'll check in the Scene_Battles.
And I have free time now, lol.
it turned out that the exams wereen't harder as I expected.
Oh, and I have a German Exam Tomorrow, then Maths, then FINISH!
Next time, I gotta make sure that I'll be gone, it looks like I'm still online as usual.
*hits self on head*.... oh well...
To JonneyM:
You're welcome!!!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
UPDATE + Exams over

Sorry to Double Post, but I've gave my menu a new layout:
enhancedmenu.png

And finally I know how to move the battle background:
battle.png

More Later
>Comments
>Advice
>Critiscisms (spelling?)
ACCEPTED
OFF TOPIC:
Woohoo, my exams are finished! *celebrates* :cool: :cool:

/\P\/e/\e\/k/\i\/m/\o\/n/\

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
looking cool. The battle screen is nice!
Oh- look at the box with the HP, a bit of the writing at the start looks weird (maybe a mistake??).
I like the blue colors for the menu boxes.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
>> Pichu1 <<
Thanks for your comment

>> Neo-Dragon <<
The HP Bar is just me testing something.
BTW, there is also a red version of the menu. Of course, I'll change the Window Skin for the battle, 'cause that blue skin was only for the menu.

Last edited:

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
This game looks very promising. Keep up the good work. The only problem that I have with the screens is the font. Once you get the R/S font, this game will look perfect!

AbareMax

Atomic

Isnt this awsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • WI
  • Seen Oct 27, 2007
question

do rmxp games work in win 98
i used to use rm2k so i still have the files for playing games or whatever u callem

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Atomic said:
do rmxp games work in win 98
i used to use rm2k so i still have the files for playing games or whatever u callem
I think so. I don't have Win 98, so I don't know.
Abaremax said:
This game looks very promising. Keep up the good work. The only problem that I have with the screens is the font. Once you get the R/S font, this game will look perfect!

AbareMax
I'm trying to put the pokemon font. Thanks for your comment,btw

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Krazy_Meerkat said:
In the battle, "Normal" is displayed over "PP".. I don't know if you knew this or not... Just bringing it to your attention
Yeah, I've noticed that and I'll fix that later. Thanks for telling me anyway.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I think that you should use a more greyish colour for the sign "lab."

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Sorry to double post but I just HAD to show it!
Below is a screenshot of the battle system with te HP Bar working perfectly! Comments please and also critiscisms accepted.
battlescrn.png

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Are supposed to comment on the whole battle system or just HP bar? The HP bar looks great, you just have to put it on the status bar-thing with the level, exp etc. The battle background should be a few spaces to the right because it's not fully centred at the moment. You may also want to put an outline around the battle screen to distinguish it from the map. And Torchic needs to be lowered and changed to a back sprite, but I'm sure you've noted that already ;).

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
good to hear the HP bar is working fully. Phoenix said what i was gonna say: just put a "frame" around the battle area- to make it a bit more distugished(SP?) from the map.
BTW- is this a modified DBS- or is it like a piture based CBS?

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
@ Phoenix: I am going to put a border and I am going to change the torchihc into a back sprite.
@ Neo-Dragon: It is the CDBS (Custom Default Battle System) plus pictures.
Custom as in I tweaked the code; Default as in it's the original one integrated in the Maker.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Sorry for double posting, but:
Update!!!:
I just completed the battle status. The HP Bar works, but, I'm still testing the EXP Bar:
battle_scrn.png

Comments, please.

Back