• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Liquid Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl!tch

AFK
Years
5368540248_c282fc377a_z.jpg

Warning:
Some adult language is used in this hack, and in the story line.

*INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone, I started this hack a while back, and I really want to finish it, I would just like some help, if at all possible. Take a look at what I've done so far, and if it sparks your interest, feel free to help!

I wanted this to kind of be an addition to the existing Pokemon Fire Red story, kind of an alternate existence and a "what if" scenario.

Basically, knowing the Pokemon Fire Red story line: this is what would have happened if you were to find a 'M (if any of you remember the original red and blue, M was a glitch pokemon) at the beginning of your game.

This comes complete with a backstory for 'M, Missingno., and their new evolutions Intrigno., and Colossus.

*STORY
Team rocket creates a team of shadow pokemon that absolutely are nuts. Base stats = 740. Each are like a brand new legendary. The problem was the afterbirth... a mysterious object thought to be just garbage. It was 'M! Instantly after being discarded, 'M starts lighting up the computer screens with "'M" and causes the lab to colapse, as it steals information, absorbs energy, and kills anyone who gets in its way. Giovanni and the others escape with all of the other shadow pokemon still intact, with minor losses.

Skip forward some time later:
You are a young and eager pokemon trainer, ready to start your journey! You have absolutely no clue what you're doing; you just know you need to start it cause... well, everyone else is doing it! While exploring around your town, your curiousity gets the best of you and you start exploring a building that just burned down. As you get close to it you notice a strange glow.... Could it be?! A pokemon! YOUR first pokemon! You throw a dinky old pokeball at it, and to your surprise, YOU CATCH IT! In all of your excitement you quickly run to the professor of your town and show him what you have done!

When you arrive, and show the professor your discovery, he is absolutely shocked. He has never seen anything like it. After asking and finding out where you acquired such pokemon, he warns you that this might not be as good as it sounds. While examining the pokemon the machine used malfunctions. He warns you this pokemon might be dangerous. You say theres no possible way that could be- that this pokemon is your friend and you found him. After he tries to make you hand it over, you run out as fast as possible.

After you run out you notice your pokeball is vibrating. You let it pop out and it shows you that it has absorbed a pokedex from the professor. You are so happy you found a friend! You vow to prove to all of them just how great the two of you are! You decide to start your journey by going to the next town over and battling the gym leader.

After the first gym, there needs to be something to check to see if your pokemon is a missingno.yet. if it is, you can continue on. You play through with your missingno. up until right before the elite 4. He evolves into intrigno at some point. After you defeat Giovanni, a door appears in his gym (or a guard moves, or something), You find the new secret lab for shadow pokemon and start battling your way through. After a section you are allowed to choose 1 of 3 shadow pokemon (stealing them back) and then you continue. you do this 4 times, for a total of 12 shadow pokemon seen.

When you get to the end you see giovanni, he mentions that your pokemon looks really familiar. Something happens that pisses the intrigno off to where he flips out and starts eating everything in sight. pokemon, electronics, everything. this makes him turn into Collosus. The building starts to crumble and now the only way to advance from your present state is to kill colossus. It will be a trainer battle only to lock out the option of capturing it. During this time your intrigno will be taken away from you. your best bet is using shadow pokemon.

After defeating the colossus, you are returned to your home in "blank" your mom asks you if you are ok, and you say yes, blah blah blah. You ask what happened to your missingno and she says she doesnt know. that after you killed the colossus everyone reported that the building turned to electricity, and almost everyone inside was vaporized, and that the colossus. exploded into energy. This makes you furious, after all you have been through. After everything that happened. You killed your first pokemon. You still have the shadow pokemon, your mom suggests that you show them to the professor. you do, and he explains he thinks there is a connection with these and the missingno. He explains there is no way to bring them back to what they once were, and that the damage is irreversible, and that you should just love and care for them blah blah blah. You mourn the loss of your lost friend, and continue on.

You defeat the elite 4, which should all be level 90 now, and beat the game. After beating the game,if you return to the gym, there should be a pokeball there with your 'M again. so you can relevel it.

This story is a twist on the original fire red story, and will feature minor alterations along the way. Only a little bit will be changed, such as npc responses to your missingno. and the whole team rocket thing. Pallet town will be slightly altered to include a research lab or the ruins of one.

*FEATURES
This game is made to increase the playtime of your fire red, and to help you relive those classic days of the original pokemon gaming, while adding an incredibly fun twist to it!

Awesome custom sprites!

This game features several new pokemon!

• Appeareon! A new Eevee evolution!
  • 'M, the first evolution of the glitch pokemon
  • Missingno. - the second evo
  • Intrigno. - The third evo.
  • Collosus. - The rampaging form of Missingno. after he collects too much data.
  • Shadow pokemon Galore! (Including a shadow mew, shadow lugia, shadow scizor, and many others)
  • Added areas! This will expand upon the existing maps and introduce areas that were not previously available!
*SCREENSHOTS
In Game:
Spoiler:

Lab Map:
Spoiler:

Shadow pokemon:
Spoiler:

Please note: The sprites showcased here are not the only new sprites in the game.
I have created several other shadow pokemon, along with several Eevee evolutions.
The next patch I release will include a Bug type Eevee (Larvarleon) and a Poison type Eevee (Venemeon)

More info to come -

Venemeon:

Spoiler:

Larvarleon:

Spoiler:

*VIDEO

*BUGS
At the moment, other than a few text errors the only bug that has been noted is Gary disappears while professor Oak is talking to you. The game still plays fine, and if anyone knows how to fix this, I would really appreciate it!

*PERCENT COMPLETE
Due to my lack of knowledge of scripting, I've done just about all I care to do until I see some interest. I'm hoping I can get some people going for this and possibly compile a team. I would say this hack is about 30% complete.

*INTERESTED IN HELPING?
Contact me:

[email protected]

*RELEASES
My first release is now available. You will need a clean Fire Red rom to patch it to. Included is the read me that goes over the pokemon that have been replaced.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?w7767h8r267hm4u

I urge you to give this a shot, and to give feedback! That's what is most important! :)

*CREDITS
I would like to thank hackmew for his mewtrance sprite. Although not really seen in the game too much, hes just an added pokemon available through gamesharking.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Personally, I like the fact that you can get a glitch Pokemon that won't screw up your game. I do like the fact of evolving M' and a few fakemon, but don't you think you should do more than a few minor edits on Fire Red? At least a few map changes or a good script will bring people in.

I hope you excel!

Gl!tch

AFK
Years
Personally, I like the fact that you can get a glitch Pokemon that won't screw up your game. I do like the fact of evolving M' and a few fakemon, but don't you think you should do more than a few minor edits on Fire Red? At least a few map changes or a good script will bring people in.

I hope you excel!

I would love to do all of that. I'm looking for people knowledgeable enough with scripting to work on this with. I would be more than happy to turn this into an incredible edit, I'm just hoping to find someone on here that is as passionate about the story line as I am.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Gero50

闇の下呂
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
It looks pretty good so fa.r As for scripting I do agree the maps could use some work but it is not all that hard. I myself am trying to learn similar things so I am no further as far as overall scripting knowledge for this goes. :/
I would look up some basic scripting on Google and play with it til you get the feel. Then apply your own to your project. The thing with scripting that I know for sure at this point. Is even if you read a tutorial you'll have to be ready to get creative.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Story-wise, it sounds very interesting...
Oh, I'm probably a noob for asking, but I just started the game, still in Pallet, and don't have a clue what to do. I saw Galactus (sorry if I typed it wrong) in the upper-right of the town, and it was at level 100(!) So...do I head north so Oak takes me back to his lab? Or I need a new clean rom? (My fault if this post sounds confusing, I don't know how to post screenshots to show you what I mean...)

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
The story is very interesting and I think that this hack has a lot of potential if you manage to put a team together. :)

Gl!tch

AFK
Years
Story-wise, it sounds very interesting...
Oh, I'm probably a noob for asking, but I just started the game, still in Pallet, and don't have a clue what to do. I saw Galactus (sorry if I typed it wrong) in the upper-right of the town, and it was at level 100(!) So...do I head north so Oak takes me back to his lab? Or I need a new clean rom? (My fault if this post sounds confusing, I don't know how to post screenshots to show you what I mean...)

Collosus is in the top left corner, and he is just there as a place holder. That will be one of the final encounters of the game in giovanni's lab. I just put him there so it was easier to test.

I made a video showing where to go. There is a newly added building, and you just walk into there and try to pick up clues on where to go. (You have to find M' and take his item)

The story is very interesting and I think that this hack has a lot of potential if you manage to put a team together. :)

Me too man, thanks for the support.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I like this...kinda interesting as pokemon snakewood, I like it XD
But I think you should credit hackmew for the mewtrance sprite in the video.
Also, if you have missigno. and such like that, you should add pokegods and theres this rare store that sells mistones for pokegods.It's just an idea.

Last edited:

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
*sigh* Mediafire link is broken, mind fixing it? I want to play this.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
sounds interesting. Will keep an eye on this as well. Keep up the great work

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This thread is past the revival date guys, sorry to say. Be sure to check the dates before posting in a thread in future, it might be really old! I'm going to have to close this up. Try contacting the owner for a new download link.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back