• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Drayano

Axe me a question, I dare you.
Years
At level 76, my Samurott learned ------- instead of Shell Smash. Could you fix that, please?

As for the Seedot family, why didn't you replace Early Bird with Pickpocket? Chlorophyll fits them so much better than Early Bird ever will (imo).

Yeah, somehow that ended up as 00 00 00 00 in the hex >>; I'll fix it for next time I update.

It's mainly because Early Bird is more likely to prove useful; you'll face a lot more sleep than sun, aftera ll.

how does this work on desmume 0.97?.

When i click on ''new game'' it just goes back to ''press start'' instead of starting with the game?

Can somebody help me?

Change your controls.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
AWESOME!!! But how do you use a hex editor?

Awesome hack! But I'm doing something of a "canon" hack of Pokemon B/W where there are some minors changes to the pokemon, trainers and moves (EX: Alder has different PKMNs in their high 90's, Fusion Bolt/Flare changed to Cross Thunder/Flame, Glaciate --> Frozen World, 5 PP, Power 100).

The only trouble is I have no idea how to edit/hack the moves. I realize this is a little off of what is actually supposed to be on this thread, but it would be a GIGANTIC help if you could teach me how to use a hex editor.

P.S. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything btw.

Last edited:

Drayano

Years
I've explained how to edit level up moves to different people too many times to count >< Uhh... open a/0/1/8 in something like crystaltile2, the moves are laid out in the format XX XX YY 00 where XX XX is the index number of the attack in hex flipped (i.e. 512 --> 200 --> 00 02) and YY is the level. If you're using the latest version of ct2 then an index should pop up when you open the .narc file of the numbers of the Pokemon, so you can just quickly jump to them.

Anyway, released 3.01. Mostly just a bugfix, with one or two small additions. Changelog is in first post.

Itzmesonicx

Silver's The Name
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Hey drayano do you reccomend any pokemon lack roms to use ive spent the past 3 hours trying to find one

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2011
errcode

when i try to load blaze black on my DS flashcard it gives me 'load rom errcode=-4' does anyone know a solution to this problem? i use an R4i gold i dont know if i have a fake flashcard but i get my kernel from r4i-gold.com.

Drayano

Years
I'm sorry I'm stupid......cuz I still don't understand that. :(

P.S. I didn't actually want to edit pokemon, just the moves. I also said that I wasn't forcing you to do anything. Sorry for being a nuisance.

Actually I'm the dumb one, I just realised you didn't mean the level up moves >___>;

Ahem, what you need to do is use crystaltile2 to extract the a/0/2/1 .narc file (just open the ROM, click the DS looking symbol at the top and navigate down to it). Then, reopen that a/0/2/1 .narc file and you should have an index appear with numbers going up to... I think it's 667. You can find out which number corresponds to what with http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves. You can probably recognise the power and accuarcy bytes easily enough; just use Windows calc in programmer mode if you need to find out a hex value.

As for changing the names, you need a program called PPTXT and the a002/a003 narc files to do that.

Sonic: I'll drop you a PM.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
Alright, thanks man. :)

BTW, I'm having a little trouble getting to play BoltWhite. Snivy still only has Overgrow and I can't find any wild Rattata's on Route 1.

I'm only suggesting, but wouldn't it be easier to have a download to a .zip file for the full patches?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
Thank you!!!

Gotta say, using this has definitely made the game 100% harder, I am actually needing to run back to a Pokemon center after only a few battles.

Wonderful hack, so wonderful, I had to thank you for it.

Thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
For No$GBA users:

If you're having trouble accessing the game after putting in your name (black screen), or if all you get is a blue screen saying that 'data can not be accessed' then these codes should help:

Blaze Black
Spoiler:

Volt White

Spoiler:

Put the code for your game in 'cheats.' Click the radio button for Action Replay and click the check box for RAW. Turn the code on, reset your rom and the game should be running smoothly. You'll have to turn the code on and keep it on each time you play the game. It works for non patched US/EUR roms as well.

To the mods: I apologize if posting AR codes are not allowed.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
is there any program or something that will let me trade pokemon from the rom (on my comp) to my White version irl? assuming of course, that once i trade pokes such as contrary serperior with draco meteor and leaf storm, that it would lose its dragon typing and stat changes but remain moveset and ability

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
is there any program or something that will let me trade pokemon from the rom (on my comp) to my White version irl? assuming of course, that once i trade pokes such as contrary serperior with draco meteor and leaf storm, that it would lose its dragon typing and stat changes but remain moveset and ability

While you can't "trade" with yourself like you'd be able to with VBA, you'd be able to make a copy of your Pokemon via PokeSav.

http://www.pokestation.net/pokesav/

Open your original Sav/Desmume file of Blaze Black/Volt White.

Go to the Pokemon you want to make a copy of and press edit.

1st. Copy all of Serperior's stats in notepad or whatever. Copy all the IVs/EVs/Moveset.

2nd. Copy your trainer ID, etc.

3rd. You should have everything copied and ready when you need them. Open your second Sav file of the game you wish to "trade" Serperior to.

4th. If you have an open slot, add Serperior (note: Serperior won't show in your team if you don't change the team number from 5 to 6), edit all his/her stats, moveset, etc to be the same as the Blaze/Bolt Serperior. Make sure the original trainer is from the Blaze/Bolt file with the same ID and Name and make sure that you indicate that your new Serperior is a trade (via check mark). Save and overwrite the Sav file to your non Blaze/Bolt game and you should have a "traded" Serperior on your team.

I hope I explained things clearly without screen shooting every single step.

Envi

Full Metal Fangirl
Years
I just wanted to ask here since this hack seems pretty well done, can anyone point me towards the B&W hacking tools?

blue

gucci
Years
I've got this on my R4 Flashcard and I'm upto Lenora and although they're similar levels to the original game right now it seems 10 times harder, i've took atleast 15 attempts now and failed with my Pokémon being 5/6/7 levels over, so excellent job, strategically!

Back