• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Genesect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Pokémon - Genesect Reveal
My Mistake - there is currently a thread regarding this topic.

The first image of CoroCoro's cover has come thanks to papico028 and has revealed the Pokémon Genesect. Currently no further information has been given but we'll provide the information as soon as possible so keep checking back. The magazine states that there is a special 3DS Scoop regarding Genesect but it's not yet known. The rest of the images give the history about how it's #300 in the Unova Pokédex, lived 300 million years ago and was awakened by Team Plasma, referencing the P2 Lab event in Black/White and Black 2 & White 2

Genesect to be distributed from August 11th to September 14th over WiFi.

Courtousy of Serebii. Genesect is only for Black & White 2, So Will you be downloading this event? Do you think it's the right time or are they rushing these legendaries? Discuss!

genesect2.jpg

Last edited:

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Sweet, I'll definitely pick it up. I'm sure it'll be banned from PWT but he'll fit nice in the box with the rest of my legendaries. At least he'll be legal for WiFi battles soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ok so totally called it being number 300 and its release close to the new Pokedex Book's release~

Surprised its gunna be a Wifi Distribution so early honestly. Now I'm wondering if that supposed movie trailer was just a commercial for the distribution.

We better get all three Events when the games come out in America. >=T

blue

gucci
Years
Why is it only for Black 2 and White 2? What are GameFreak on?

Presumably you would be able to transfer it to Black and White? I'm not sure if you can with Black & White 2 but I'd say it's because it's the most current game and it's kind of on par with the release.

iTeruri

iAm
Years

They want to sell these new games. Giving away cool new Legendary Pokémon (who are always quite popular) only for the new games is a great way to get people who want the 'new' Pokémon to buy the newer games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Or they could give it to Americans, Australians, and Europeans around Christmas as a holiday gift...
I wonder why the rush of event Legends...it seems like they want to wrap up this gen: first was B2W2 coming out earlier than usual games, Keldeo followed by Meloetta being officially released. And now Genesect...

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
No, I wont be getting Genesect. I dont like him, and even if I did, I don't actually own a DS with wifi. (My ds wont connect for some reason, probably from dropping it or something)

And they really are rushing the legendaries, I mean the game wont even be out in every region by then...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I really want Genesect even more now that its event will be released soon. If I have B2/W2 and a working Wi-Fi signal, then I'd probably try and download it.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Wish it was for BW. How else are we supposed to get the entry for our Pokedex?
Jay kay, we can just trade it to BW. Although its's not like you need it to fill complete the Unova Dex anyway.

Although yes, I will get it once released in the U.S.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Their on the money train of course. "Buy new game, get new exclusive pokemon for new game yeah yeah!".

My question is more why now. Usually the don't release these pokemon until movie come about. Maybe this is an indicator the gen is coming to a close around next year, and the Genesect will be in that movie. But if that is the case why not next year... Regardless I am just glad to get my dex completed sooner then later. Especially considering it took forever for Arceus to be released.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Good point about the really early release. Meloetta, and Keldeo itself, weren't released too far off in the past.

So how are we meant to get Genesect in Black and White? Is trade backward-compati- oh right it is :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I think the legends are being a bit rushed tbh. Usually we get 2 events in the span of a year, or something along the lines. But in the past few months we've had 3 events revealed . And in the following 2 or so months we get them distributed. I wonder if they're doing it so we can get all 649 Pokemon legitimately because we need them for the Shiny Charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back