• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
After watching the YouTube demos of Obsidian, I decided to give the real program a try: my disability makes console/handheld games too awkward to use, so a Pokémon hack that's meant to work with a regular PC especially interested me. Unfortunately, Obsidian crashed as soon as I pressed C to begin. Whether it's unplayable on this 6-year-old machine, I'm not sure; could one of you please help me out? Here are my technical specs in case you need them--

• Make/model: Dell Inspiron 3500
  • Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition with SP3
  • Processor: Intel Pentium CPU, 2.00 GHz
  • RAM: 3.25 GB (the most I could install in a 32-bit machine)
  • Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5400

If I'm unable to play any of the fan-games here on this machine, then I apologize for my cluelessness and promise to stick to other parts of the forums. Otherwise, I would very much appreciate any help you could give me (buying another machine is not an option, unfortunately).

Last edited:

Can of Nothing

Loose Screw without Initiative
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I'm not sure about anything else, but RAM, Processor and OS isn't an issue - I run XP Home SP3, 1.66GHz and 0.99GB ram, and Obsidian's been running pretty well for all I know.

And yeah, 0.99GB ram - Que the questions on how on earth I make music on such a tiny machine.
...Or not. Whichever.

Edit: Maybe it's the graphics card? I couldn't run a Mario fangame on a system with more RAM while I can run it on this machine.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I'm not sure about anything else, but RAM, Processor and OS isn't an issue - I run XP Home SP3, 1.66GHz and 0.99GB ram, and Obsidian's been running pretty well for all I know.

And yeah, 0.99GB ram - Que the questions on how on earth I make music on such a tiny machine.
...Or not. Whichever.

Edit: Maybe it's the graphics card? I couldn't run a Mario fangame on a system with more RAM while I can run it on this machine.

Is there a way to find out whether the graphics card is to blame, without opening up the machine? (Last time I needed an internal part installed, I hired someone.) The error dialog-box wasn't very specific about what caused game.exe to crash.

Can of Nothing

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Oh great
It's gonna get a new soundtrack, and nobody's saying anything

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWing aside, is there a way to change the controls? I've been accustomed to A=X B=Z Start=Enter and I don't wanna have it any other way.

Last edited:

Chaos Lucario

The Legend Of Chaos
Years
i've played the demo and i really liked it. you're working so hard on this game, making it such an epic storyline, you forgot you've been working on it for about a year, but when you do remember, you don't care, you keep working hard! like a TRUE pokemon master! you're making a game, so that everyone will like it! and you don't care if they don't like it, you worked hard on this game, and you're proud of yourself! hehe...and why is Game Developer Justin so hard?? i had to fight him like 15 times! but he had 2 fire, 2 grass, and 2 water! your fakemon starters, and the Kanto starters, which was cool, but he WAS TOUGH!! but i still enjoyed getting my lv.20's to lv.23! keep working hard Reactor!

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Hey, so i noticed these posts started like 2 years ago. i guess that means im late, but is demo 3 out? ive been searching for like the past day cuz tbh this game is pretty damn awesome. id love to be able to continue with it if possible?

Can of Nothing

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I doubt it, the post hasn't been updated in a while.
Also, sorry guys, but due to (an)other personal project(s), progress on the OST is really slow. I'm still writing stuff off-and-on, but I'll just make it clear that my focus is /not/ on this game as of right now.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I like that you're going to include original music. That's a true touch of dedication.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
That's a shame... I really enjoyed Pokémon Obsidian...

I know you've said that you've tried system restore, but could re-downloading the demo and getting at least those files back be a start? I know that you've probably done hours and hours of work since then, but this is the only option at the moment...

If not, then that's a great shame...

P.S.: Were your friends doing it as an April Fools joke? If they were, tell them all that deleting peoples' work isn't a joke; it's just being an annoying little ****er.

Can of Nothing

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I like that you're going to include original music. That's a true touch of dedication.

It's less dedication and more impulse, but yeah, I know... Until he cancelled it.
My opinions can be found on the video he posted, but in a nutshell, I am not satisfied one bit.

Atomic Reactor

Well, I haven't uploaded anything to PC lately, any requests on what you guys wanna see?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
How's the project movin big boy?
From the looks of it you got some solid production goin on

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
Seems like good work, but the selection of Pokemon does seem a bit limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back