• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen If you were thrown into the region of Johto...

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I would be that lady who lives by herself on Mount Silver. I would probably spend all my time there training my pokemon and exploring the area to find pokemon to catch. I would also be able to hang with Red :P

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'd wish to be teleported to Olivine City, because of the city's layout, and proximity to the ocean and Battle Frontier. Though wherever I end up to begin with, I'd try to establish myself first with a job and earn some cash before hitting the road and aim to become a Water/Dragon-type trainer. :)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Realistically speaking. I might go into a state of shock and disbelief and most reasonably (and this is dark so excuse me) kill myself as I might never see my family or friends again.

Fantastically speaking. I would probably head to Goldenrod as it was one of my favorite towns in Johto. I might even try to board the SS Anne and head to Kanto, meet good ol', legendary professor himself, Sam Oaks.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I'd like to go out into the wild and... more than likely die hilariously to the wings of wild Farfetch'd.

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
I would most-likely be in shock or sadness as I may never see anyone from my past again. Then after a week in a small home (taken in by a new friend/rival's parents?) I would be ready to restart my life and travel the Johto.
Crossing my rival some times, and I would have a traveling partner(girl, maybe?) and epic Pokemon. That would be fun, beating the champion.
Years later I may settle down at a quiet town with a decent house and a wife n' 2 kids.

I'm all planned out. xD

Basic_Psyduck

Things aren't real!
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
I always love the atmosphere in Azalea, natural and nice. So I'd probably, firstly catch myself a pkm for company, then get some property in Azalea if I had money (if not, then I'd find a job). There'd be so many things I'd like to do: spending time with pkm, testing their moves, travelling around the region, seeing and learning things. This idea could write a book!

If life there is identical to the game, meaning it's thrilling and not as tough as real life, I wouldn't want to go back at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
I'd live in a city inside a small house with my Pokemon, and giving other trainers Hms as they pass by.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I would probably panic at first, and once I calmed down, assume I was in a coma or having a lucid dream. I would then go to my in-game character, and explain, and hope they don't check me into a mental facility. I would stay with my character, and catch a few Pokemon. Possibly a Ralts or hunt around for a Piplup. Become a trainer and get all gym badges, and then talk to someone that could teleport me back. Take everything I earned with me and have shiny gym badges in the real world. YAY. Otherwise I would wake up.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I'd be,like, "Dafaq just happened?" and I would be shocked and say omg is this true? So yeah, i would to New Bark Town OFC to get a starter and train him ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Honestly I would probably do something like Inception. I would first find a way to go back home. Then I would do everything I ever dreamed of doing in Johto (e.g. winning the E4, killing Whitney's Miltank, stuff like that). Then when I see nothing left for me to do, I would return back to the real world with a rainbow wing just to remind myself what I did years later. Not sure if I would tell anyone though. People would think I'm crazy XD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
If I were teleported by somehow to Johto I would adopt a wild Pokemon and turn it into my loyal partner. Along it I would start my new life. Depending on the oportunities I could become either a trainer or a criminal grunt. I would try to live normally in the Pokemon world as long as I find the way back to my real world, or I would stay in the Pokemon world if there were much better.

Mewisbest!

Daedric Lord
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
I would go with it and enjoy life in the pokemon world. First I would go to Kanto and tell Prof. Oak what happened and ask if he could give me a pokemon and train and become champion in all the regions in the pokemon world.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Well, as you don't seem to age in the world of pokémon I'd probably go out and try to enjoy myself. Try to meet Lance, Blue and Red if possible. Ask the latter two why their names are colours :p I'd also try to record as much as possible on my iPod just to make sure if it was real people couldn't dismiss me as crazy.

But eventually I'd get bored - nobody seems to have sex or go out and get drunk in pokémon, and I'd miss that culture.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I just guess I'd go get a Totodile and start my pokemon master journey, and always wonder what the hell happened lol

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Hmm...well, I'd be grateful, since the real world is pretty freakin' boring.

I'd start off by finding out where I could get some new clothes and how I could get acclimated to the society there. They never mention any true form of government, so I'd guess it would be pretty easy to get taken in by someone until I could get some pokeballs and stuff I'd need for my "journey". I'd make up a fake identity of a mysterious vagabond or something to interest other people. I'd probably need to get a pokedex for registration purposes, so I'd try and find a used one and just hack it to my specifications. Then the real fun would begin.

I'd go the typical route of training up some Pokemon for battling, and grind them for months until they were really experienced and evolved. I'd then use this team to begin my ultimate plan; to take over the Pokemon world. I mean come on, if a preteen can single-handedly take down these crazy villainous teams in every region, then why couldn't I? I'd probably have to do some evil things, but I'd do what it took. Heck, I'd catch all the legendaries to make the task easier. Once I'd crushed Johto and became it's de-facto Emperor, I'd use my forces to subdue the other regions, until I had secured Sinnoh. Then I'd capture the Dragon Trio and use their combined powers over space-time to return me to this universe. Man, it would be so very easy to rule this planet, being the only person with Pokemon, muahaha!!!

PyroDragneer

Pokemon Trainer Pyro
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2022
Well...that's a very good question...
First i ll be quite shock, then i think i ll find my way to Elm's lab and ask him to give me a pokedex and Cyndaquil(The only starter i want)
Even if it is a dream, i won t really care... but if i started a journey, i wish i can bring my friends with me.Plus it would be boring to travel Johto alone !;)
And if i finish my journey in Johto....then i ll settle in Mt.Silver.

But seriously if this happen i ll only hope that my friends could come with me:)

Last edited:
Years
Fantastic question that I've never once thought about!

If I woke up, say in... New Bark Town, just like your character does when you start your journey in the games, I'd be scared and nervous. I guess what I do in Johto, depends entirely on whether or not there's a way home.

If I can go back home, I put all of my efforts into trying to get home, or at least trying to communicate with family/friends first. I won't focus on trying to get a Pokemon - Assuming I'm waking in New Bark Town, and I go see Prof. Elm, I'll have the chance to see one, and that's good enough for me. Now, if I can't go home... Well, I suppose then I'd try and just begin an epic quest like the hero of the games does. Perhaps settling down in Goldenrod, trying to find a Pokemon companion, and meeting new people would be really cool.

Perhaps let Whitney know that I'm not too particularly fond of her Miltank? ;]

Back