• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

IF YOU READ THIS, POST WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT! =)
Demo: Early 2008
TitleScreen-1.jpg

Title screen made by OmegaGroudon

made with RPG Maker XP

Inroduction:
Hello, I am atomic_reactor. Last summer I was playing some pokemon fan games. and some had new pokemon, so I thought to myself, "It cant be that hard to make Pokemon" after i had tried my first one i realised that with enough work i could make my own game. But eventually i realised that for right now, it would be to difficult to incorparate new pokemon into my game.
But for so long I had wished that I could make my own game(before R/S/E had ever come out) I've always thought that I had great ideas, and challenging dillemas for the game. After I stumbled across RMXP and the Pokemon Essentials, I realised that I could now make a game. So, here is my first project, Pokemon Chronicles.

Story:
Just as any other game, you wake up one day and go over to the lab and recieve a pokemon. But this lab isnt just some small chinsey lab like in Pallet and Newbark town. This is the famous lab of Professor Tamarack. Most renoun lab in the Deca islands, and through out the world. Who ever told you that the best trainers came from Pallet town? With 12 different choices of a starter Pokemon, and probably the strongest trainers in the world on the islands, theres no doubt that most of the elite four came from the Deca Islands.
At the very start of your journey you may run into Ursuring, or Beedrill, just because you just started as a trainer, dosnt mean that the wild pokemon will take it easy on you. Your going to have to have alot of Training experiece (experience at playing the games)
After you progress through the game you'll be able to venture into such regions as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh? Sevii islands, and perhaps a few more.
Team Rocket has also returned along with Giovanni. They are much more dangerous then the previous eras. Later in the game they will hold the world at ransom with a nuclear missle! You better have a good arsenal of Pokemon.
I think thats enough for the story. Youll have to watch and play(later when a demo is released) to find out what all happens.

Features:
+ Day/Night system
+ All D/P pokemon sprites
+ More realistic story line (idk if thats really a feature)
+ New Region(s)
+ All lregions... hopefully =/
+ More to come maybe

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

credits:
nintendo obviously
flameguru/poccils starter kit
ow sprites from the enhanced french starter kit(i believe there also in blizzys)
Omegagroudon made the title screen
Дон Пач for the custom tilesets

New ow's are by me =)
all new ow's done so far
+Logan(male hero)
+Alexis(female hero)
+Professor Tamarack
+Professor Laqua
+Omegagroudon

TEAM
atomic_reactor- everything
Kingdom Hearts Maniac- spriter
Crossel- spriter
venom12- spriter and mapper
if you would like to join the team, please PM me

Part Time
MR. GLITCH KING- mapper and music

{url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118185"}{IMG}http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x19/atomicreactor334/waterbanner.png{/IMG}{/url}

{url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118185"}{IMG}http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x19/atomicreactor334/grassbanner.png{/IMG}{/url}

{url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118185"}{IMG}http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x19/atomicreactor334/firebanner.png{/IMG}{/url}

{url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118185"}{IMG}http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x19/atomicreactor334/glitchsbanner.png{/IMG}{/url}

replace all the "{" with "[" and same for the other sides.

element ones by OmegaGroudon
poketrainer one by MR. GLITCH KING

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

well i wanted it to be more realistic. casue in real life wild pokemon aren't going to hold back if they know that your new. so i made evolved pokemon attack also, they obviously won't be such a huge challeng, but i thought it would be kinda uniqe.
i'll have updates soon. o, and sorry for the screenshots being so wide =/ i'll edit that.
i also forgot to incude credits.
o, and i aslo renamed route 232 to jamboree canyon =)

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Nice at the moment.
Keep it up with those good work.
I like your realistic. XD

Atomic Reactor

Screenshot5.jpg

this one is so far a favorite of mine.
it shows the night effect, and the light effect on the lamps.
and hes standing in front of the Atomic Productions builiding.
anybody that helps me with the game will be located in that building, ya, if you help, youll be in the game =D

Screenshot6.jpg

i just thought that this was kinda funny lol, you can bet that i loaded up on master balls, but i took that out after i saved it lol.
i was thinking of maybe making a secret store like that. but you would have to meet certain requirements to do that.

well, more updates later.
what do you think though?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Look good! Haha.
So I will appear in the building ? Cool. XD
I wonder how I look^^
Check your inbox, PMed you.

Atomic Reactor

this is jsut a glimpse(not very interesting) of the inside of newborn cave.
this cave goes all through the jamboree canyon. so itll be huge.
i also really like this because nothing in this screenshot is in the starter kit im using.
which means i made it.(technically nintendo did)
but it looks nice i think.
comments
Screenshot10.png

oooo an old tree. nice monument =)

Screenshot8.png

this is a screenie of you talking to OmegaGroudon in the Production Building.
He made the title screen(hes very skilled)

Screenshot9.png

another new professor, a young one t that.
he gives you a pokedex. but take a step outside first...
Screenshot11.png

Screenshot12.png

Screenshot13.png

oh no! team rocket! and there not nice at that!
what do you think they want with that tree?
some acorns? what weirdos! lol
stay tuned to find out! =)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow such an interesting storyline and so good graphics and nice screens.
Hope you the best of luck!

~Celebi

Atomic Reactor

well, so far all the comments are positive, which i like very much =)
i will probably get no work done this weekend.. I'm pretty busy, and when im not my dad will be on the comp.
but i can let in a little bit on the story line...
after team rocket leaves you go and talk to professor laqua and you get a pokedex, then you can head south out of Scenic City and into some forest(no name yet) right as you get into the forest, there is a rocket talking with some red haired kid. Who you ask? just think about it...
then red head leaves and you battle the rocket. he leaves once you win, so then you can explore the forest. there is an optional exit from the forest into a swamp area( perhaps totodile will be in that area? not sure yet.)
but if you take the route your suppose to, you end up on the a very long bridge (kinda like the biking route on r,s,e but you don't need a bike.
this bridge has trainers but no wild Pokemon.
after that you come to a small island town... idk about any events yet though...
well, ya, thats what will be expected. stay tuned to find out more =)

any ideas or comments???

Lash

Years
The game is looking awesome.
I will post the banner once it is made. I hope to see some more screens soon.
And, atomic, that title screen is awesome. Keep up the great work.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The game looks good.
Anyway, anymore new screenies ?
@Madina Lake: The titlescreen made by me^^

Atomic Reactor

im pretty much done with the Scenic Forest (it's huge!!!)
i havnt done the events yet. but those are easy.
then once im done with the main event in there, andm aybe the swamp area, then ill post osme new screenies =)
after the forest ill be making the bridge path..
then the next town..
then.. idk, whatever comes next.
but yeah. ill finish up Scenic Forest tommorow.
but seriously, it's huge! lol
comments?
questions?

Last edited:
Years
I like the concept of a secret store. -loves on- (Aaand, don't you think giving us twelve starters will spoil us? ;D) Assuming that you'll put all/more regions in the game, will all E4 and Pokemon be available as well~?

Good luck on making this, I'll definitely be watching it~.

Atomic Reactor

that way theres no events, or trading. even though that would be fun =/
heres some more screenies!!!
Screenshot14.png

and heres scenic forest! i jsut wanted to show how huge it is!
ScenicForest.png

comments?
questions?

btw. does anyone think that i should post pics of every city and route?
or just citys?
tell me =)

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
This looks great im loving Scenic Forest it looks awesome, too bad i won't be able to play it thanks to my stupid laptop been vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back