• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
Good day to all!

I am fairly new at rom hacking, and so far I've been doing pretty good with the tutorials here and there. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the main hero/heroine overworld sprite editing. I want to import custom sprites for them, and each time I do, the colors are always off a bit and/or the game is crapped out (eg: My mother isn't in the house and when I leave the house, I can't move and Pallet Town looks like a big glitch.)

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

EDIT: I am using an English FireRED Rom.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
I was wondering if there's a program that lets you edit the type names of pokemon. For example I want to change "normal" to "holy." I've been searching for an hour now to no avail. :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I was wondering if there's a program that lets you edit the type names of pokemon. For example I want to change "normal" to "holy." I've been searching for an hour now to no avail. :(

Hey, I can finally answer one! First off, to change it in an editor you can go into the ini file and change normal to holy. Then to change the icon go on tile molester an go to the offset 00E95FDC if you are hacking FR or LG. If you are hacking Ruby, Sapphire, or emerald open them up in unlz gba and go to 1485 and edit it. Also for RSE you can refer to this thread: http://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4223971

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Hey, I can finally answer one! First off, to change it in an editor you can go into the ini file and change normal to holy. Then to change the icon go on tile molester an go to the offset 00E95FDC if you are hacking FR or LG.

I've been trying to find the correct palette offset for the Type List, but I can't figure it out. I'm hacking Fire Red btw. I load the rom in to TM, but the palette is wrong.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I've been trying to find the correct palette offset for the Type List, but I can't figure it out. I'm hacking Fire Red btw. I load the rom in to TM, but the palette is wrong.

You have to change the palette to your liking (which is such a bother) and insert your new type.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
When I make an NPC move, how do I get him to stay where he is after I leave the map and come back? Heres my script. Fire Red btw. Thanks in advance.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
If I replace the Nido lines by two different lines of fakemons--will the NidoF replacement still breed into the NidoM replacement? Even if they're 50/50 gender? And if so, is there a way to fix this?

I'm hacking Fire Red.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2011
Is there a special for FR where the game is saved but with out having to bring up the save menu?
Like the one in R/S in the battle tower. (special 0xF0)

I think that it's still special 0xF0 in FR but I'm not that sure. :/

Can anyone help me? :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2019
Gen II Evolution Level Edit

What program can I use to edit the levels that pokemon evolve at in G/S/C? Thanks!

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Creating new maps

Is it safe to alter the map bank header and change the number of reserve maps? will it overwrite the offset to free bytes or replace already used offsets? just learning how to make new maps. would appreciate some clarification on the matter

another problem i have is why is it everytime I insert a new map to its correct map bank it appears under pallet town in the map bank head view.

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Is it safe to alter the map bank header and change the number of reserve maps? will it overwrite the offset to free bytes or replace already used offsets? just learning how to make new maps. would appreciate some clarification on the matter

another problem i have is why is it everytime I insert a new map to its correct map bank it appears under pallet town in the map bank head view.

For the first part of the question I can't answer you with 100% certainty but I think that it's safe, though it does take up space.
As for the map insertion problem, download advance map 1.90 and you won't have that problem. Though only use it for inserting, when mapping using the multiple blocks selector thing, it damages your ROM(so use 1.92 for mapping and 1.90 for insertion :D).

EDIT: Sorry looks like while I was gone 1.95 was out, so use that instead of 1.92 :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Is it possible to hack the abilities Guts, Marvel Scale, and Intimidate such that they will affect Special stats as well as physical (Guts/Marvel Scale boosting both Physical and Special Attack/Defense, Intimidate lowering Special Attack as well as Attack)?

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Is anyone having trouble with advance trainer? The one by Hackmew. I've been using PET and have been getting really annoyed with it so I tried advance trainer. However, whenever I extract it from the .zip folder, it gets deleted right away.
Help?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
How do I repoint text? I want to try to translate some text in the Geman Ruby Debug ROM.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is it possible to hack the abilities Guts, Marvel Scale, and Intimidate such that they will affect Special stats as well as physical (Guts/Marvel Scale boosting both Physical and Special Attack/Defense, Intimidate lowering Special Attack as well as Attack)?
The only thing you can do is to change effects of abilities to different effects that are already in ROM.
I don't think you can exactly hack abilities to make them do different effects then those that are already implemented.

Is anyone having trouble with advance trainer? The one by Hackmew. I've been using PET and have been getting really annoyed with it so I tried advance trainer. However, whenever I extract it from the .zip folder, it gets deleted right away.
Help?
Make an exception in your anti-virus software or disable it for the time being.

How do I repoint text? I want to try to translate some text in the Geman Ruby Debug ROM.
Debug ROM does not work with A-Text or XSE?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I looked for ROM Resizer in it. no such thing.

205cvom.png

When you open your ROM, you should be able to select ROM Resizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back