• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I should stop this now and work on something else.
o0cas9.png

The angle of the body and the leaves on top don't match anymore, but I thought that giving it some kind of underside view would be a nice change. Also, I thought it could have a kind of mask made from the rings around the body. This version doesn't quite have that yet, but it has a more sinister look to it, I think.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
True it does look more menacing, and I quite like the idea - the pose seems to be more dynamic like this.
Not too sure about the mask but I should wait for the final piece before I say anything. It's just that I get this feeling of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lol. xD

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I should stop this now and work on something else.
o0cas9.png

The angle of the body and the leaves on top don't match anymore, but I thought that giving it some kind of underside view would be a nice change. Also, I thought it could have a kind of mask made from the rings around the body. This version doesn't quite have that yet, but it has a more sinister look to it, I think.

The eyes are really creepy.

But it's getting better.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
It's getting better. But i fell like the 1st evo should be the final. They look really different and i think that another evo in the middle of both should do it. Because the starter is kinda fat and small but then the 1st evo is big and think. That's just my opinium

tnguye3

Years
heres my take on the narwhal again
narwal.png

I added small changes made the eyes different

Oh the tail's nicely fixed! :)
In any case I think the palettes should SLIGHTLY vary or something, cause when Pokemon evolve their colors become slightly brigher or darker e.g. Piplup -> Empoleon where Empoleon is a darker.

Cause right now my form looks like he's sea sick cause his current palette has too little difference against the color of his steal horn.xD
I honestly think the colors should vary a bit.

Anyways you've done a really good job with your Narwhal it looks great! :)

On second thought, how about try making the horn of my Narwhal yellow like your horn? O.o

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
This project is rather handy for the entire community if I do say so myself and some people do seem to be getting involved.

Rather unforetunately, I have no real spriting skills but I have a rather hilarious (if I do say so myself) concept to share.
I don't expect it to be picked up by anyone and worked on but basically:

Basically, it is a fighting/grass hybrid vegetable Pokemon:
Name: Beatroot
Species: Beetroot Pokemon
Type: Fighting / Grass
Height: *Subject to whatever you want it to be*
Weight: *Relatively light, it is a vegetable after all. ;D*
Evolutionary Line: None

Basic starter moves would be Pound and Leer and then it would gain more fighting and of course, grass attacks as it levels.

That's all I really have. Hope you guys like it.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I decided to go ahead and give names and PokeDex entries to all of my concepts, and retract (at least for now) a few of them. I'd also like to propose a way to clean up the first post a little; instead of multiple spoilers, just have one for each section, and make Concept/Sprite one of the things listed for each Fakemon. You'll see what I mean below.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I know we're not supposed to be suggesting any more ideas. But I have an idea for a Fire Starter.

Name: Blazacoon (Open to suggestions on the name)
Etymology: Blaze+racoon
Species: Racoon
Class: The Fire Racoon Pokemon.
Type/s: Firah!
Pokédex Entry: Blazacoon is a fast Pokemon that scampers around stealing food from travellers. It is quite hasty.
Ability/ies: Blaze
Description: An small orange racoon with fire on the end of its tail. It does not have the 'mask' of a racoon yet. It is roughly the size and weight of Bulbasaur.

Years
It seems like everyone is saying "I know we shouldn't submit ideas, but..."

Can we PLEASE NOT SUBMIT ANYMORE IDEAS. Just work on sprites. This is a spriting project, so let's focus on what we've got already. It makes all of our live's easier. :/

Anyway, I'm going to add all those I haven't now. Wish me luck.

--

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Godspeed, man. Godspeed.

tnguye wants me to write PokeDex entries and such for his carrots, so I'll post those once Scarf is done making modifications to the middle evolution.

Years
Hrm... Is this close to B/W-style?

243hhky.png
Added.

I'm posting these sprites, instead of coming up of sprites how about coming up of ideas and descriptions? c:

6f5yk2.jpg
20igyko.jpg

Winged sharks.
That's a great idea, but I think an additional evolution would be better. The second one is weird, it looks like it could have an evolution, but it also looks like it could stand alone as is.
To be honest, I was going to make an evoltuion but i'm out of concept ideas. ):

Maybe make it slightly bigger, standing of two feel, teeth and then giving it hands (sorta like charizards)
hmm well i'm thinking the natural evolution for that line is a large, jet-like shark. more fins on top, longer wings, etc.

do a google image search for "shamu plane".

also, i think you should do some palette changes to the first stage. the basic and first have identical palettes. change it up a bit.
I like the shark plane idea, but if you want something else to think about you could always try an idea based around one of those big-mouthed sharks. The mouth sort of looks like a jet turbine. That might be too silly though.
Or you could extend the red into a big solid "mask" or helmet-type thing, with hammerhead-esque projections.
Okay, here's an amalgamation of your guys' ideas together:
6f5yk2.jpg

Name: Undecided
Type: Water
20igyko.jpg

Type: Water/Flying [?]

Type: Water/Flying
Description: Large, jet-like shark, standing of two feet, has teeth and hands, has more fins and larger wings. Shape is similar to a shamu plane. Jet turbine mouth, based on a big-mouthed sharks. Red parts extended into a big solid "mask" or helmet-type thing, with hammerhead-esque projections. [Take and pick from those ideas!]

Carrots...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Yup, the 1st stage is way too big. Just realised when I finished spriting the final stage. Oh well, if anyone is bothered to, feel free to resize.
Added as:
picture.php

Type: Grass

x4ptab.png

Type: Grass/Dark
Pokédex Entry: It's an overgrown carrot. It sticks it's leaf-arms into the soil to absorb nutrients from the ground. The leaf-arms can also be used for combat.
picture.php

Type: Grass/Dark
...according to all the changes made.
Just stopping by to say that you guys are doing great with the sprites and the concepts.
I especially like Bambear and the Carrots. I guess this post would be meaningless if I didn't give an idea:

Name: Cauldrunt
Type: Poison/Steel
Description: A small, gray cauldron, containing green sludge, it has a mischevous look on it's face.
Sorry, but let's work on the sprites for now, mk?

Today when I was looking at the basic ideas for pokemon I saw "Narwhal". Since Narwhals are my favorite animal I created an outline for a narhwal pokemon. The oultline still needs quite a bit of work. Anyone can do something with this I don't really care. Anyway here it is....

NewNArwhalPokeNotComplete.jpg

I think that it needs to be smaller. A lot actually. The BW sprites have 96x96 so i don't think it would be wise to be bigger then that.

Heres my take on the narwhal, i just threw it together the fins look bad plus shading
narwald.png
Here's Narwhal's evolution form. Steel/Water type. ^^

picture.php

I edited the Basic Fakemon with the colours of the 1st Evo and i really think it got better.

I made 2 version. 1 wise the horned also edited and another with the horn with it's original colours.

What do you think

Sem_t_tulo.png

Here is the evo btw
picture.php

EDIT: I'm not saying that it doesn't need more work. Because the only thing i did was change the colours but i think it looks kinda better. IDK
heres my take on the narwhal again
narwal.png

I added small changes made the eyes different

It's getting better. But i fell like the 1st evo should be the final. They look really different and i think that another evo in the middle of both should do it. Because the starter is kinda fat and small but then the 1st evo is big and think. That's just my opinium

Oh the tail's nicely fixed! :)
In any case I think the palettes should SLIGHTLY vary or something, cause when Pokemon evolve their colors become slightly brigher or darker e.g. Piplup -> Empoleon where Empoleon is a darker.

Cause right now my form looks like he's sea sick cause his current palette has too little difference against the color of his steal horn.xD
I honestly think the colors should vary a bit.

Anyways you've done a really good job with your Narwhal it looks great! :)

On second thought, how about try making the horn of my Narwhal yellow like your horn? O.o

A yellow horn on the 1st evo i think it would look ugly =/

Ooookay, I originally wasn't going to add it, but seeing as you've all worked really hard, I've added it as:

narwal.png

Type: Water
Description: See Left.

narwal.png

Types: Water/Steel
Description: See Right.

Here's a concept of mine if you guys would like to use it. Hadn't really worked out a name or a type :/.

[link]

Sure, i'll try that. It looks easy...
Let's not, eh? How about you guys check the first post's section, "Proposed ideas [without sprites]", and work on them instead?

This project is rather handy for the entire community if I do say so myself and some people do seem to be getting involved.

Rather unforetunately, I have no real spriting skills but I have a rather hilarious (if I do say so myself) concept to share.
I don't expect it to be picked up by anyone and worked on but basically:

Basically, it is a fighting/grass hybrid vegetable Pokemon:
Name: Beatroot
Species: Beetroot Pokemon
Type: Fighting / Grass
Height: *Subject to whatever you want it to be*
Weight: *Relatively light, it is a vegetable after all. ;D*
Evolutionary Line: None

Basic starter moves would be Pound and Leer and then it would gain more fighting and of course, grass attacks as it levels.

That's all I really have. Hope you guys like it.
I appreciate the effort, etc., but as I've said, let's focus on concepts we've already got for now, instead.

I decided to go ahead and give names and PokeDex entries to all of my concepts, and retract (at least for now) a few of them. I'd also like to propose a way to clean up the first post a little; instead of multiple spoilers, just have one for each section, and make Concept/Sprite one of the things listed for each Fakemon. You'll see what I mean below.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You just have to make more work, don't you XD I kid, I kid. :3
I've done essentially the same thing.

Okay, this post is probably messy from me relentlessly C+Ping stuff, but I'm done. :D

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Ah, hrm. Any reason for leaving out my all of my PokeDex entries and description changes? All you have to do is delete all of my stuff from the first post and paste in the new stuff... Also, like I said in the post just before yours, tnguye wanted me to write up the information for the carrots. Really, you're just making more work for yourself. :D

Years
Hrm, I could've sworn I edited your things in. Done now. As for the carrot guys, I'd might's well add them regardless of whether or not they have entries, and add the entries later.

tnguye3

Years
Wow that's a loadda work you got there Ice! xD
Communitydex is coming along nicely, first time I actually worked on a project which involves so much teamworkr. *.*
I'm getting emotional lol. *Tears of joy*

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Well, the first post does state that if you have a concept with sprites, it's allowed.

And i worked hard on this:

14lswaq.png

Name: Pelicrane
Etymology: Pelican+Crane (Beak)
Species: Pelican+Grane??
Class: Large beak pokemon
Type/s: Water/Flying
Pokédex Entry: It flops its wings really fast. It scavenges for food that passer byers may have left by.
Ability/ies: Early bird
Description: Lookie at the sprite.

Last edited:

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
It seems like everyone is saying "I know we shouldn't submit ideas, but..."

Can we PLEASE NOT SUBMIT ANYMORE IDEAS. Just work on sprites. This is a spriting project, so let's focus on what we've got already. It makes all of our live's easier. :/

Anyway, I'm going to add all those I haven't now. Wish me luck.

--
Well, if we didn't have a fire starter, what would the trainers start with?

Anyway, if I make a sprite of it, will it get accepted as a WIP? That is, when I make the sprite.

Also, I'll work on Cosmite (the comet that evolves into Solrock/Lunatone).

Years
Well, if we didn't have a fire starter, what would the trainers start with?

Anyway, if I make a sprite of it, will it get accepted as a WIP? That is, when I make the sprite.

Also, I'll work on Cosmite (the comet that evolves into Solrock/Lunatone).

There's plenty of room for the starter and its evolutions. But we just need to focus on the sprites rather than piles of ideas & descriptions.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Sorry, dragonite149, I just HAD to take a crack at Cosmite. I always loved Solrock and Lunatone. I'm hoping I captured their essence with this baby form. However, I couldn't decide on one. Help me choose?

Cometite1copy.png

Cometite2copy.png

Cometite3copy.png

Name: Cosmite
Etymology: Cosmic+Meteorite
Species: Meteorite
Class: Meteorite Pokémon
Type/s: Rock/Psychic
Pokédex Entry: Legend has it that Cosmite are only seen during meteor showers. Because of this, Cosmite are considered very rare Pokémon.
Ability/ies: Levitate
Description: Cross between Lunatone and Solrock.

*doesn't remember whose idea this is....*

:nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back