• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anybody else think that Sinnoh was the best region?

pridekitty

A Kitty
Years
Sinnoh is my favorite. My first game was Pearl. I love the music in Hearthome City. Johto is my second favorite. I don't get the professor though. Oak is a tree, Elm is a tree, Birch is a tree, Juniper is a tree, but Rowan is not a tree.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Yes!
I think because its pokemon looks really real :)
its not like dumb in unova

Broleta

[..1..]
Years
Sinnoh was nice visually in the games but something about it made it seem kind of bland. Like there was no life to the region. Nothing will really top Johto in that respect I guess.

Years
Yep, Sinnoh is my favorite region. Love the relaxing, yet still adventurous feel of Sinnoh. Though I like pretty much all the regions, they all have their ups and downs.

I find it funny that a lot of people complain about Mt. Coronet. I didn't think it was bad at all. I thought the caves in Kanto were actually more bland.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I really like Sinnoh, but i think that either the Johto region or Unova region was the best.. Maybe not so much Unova because it seemed kind of cluttered and tight spaced.. I like Johto because it had alot of original ideas since it was the second region made. The adventures in Johto are awesome.

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Sinnoh is awful in DP, and great in Pt. It was the third region I played, and it's probably my second favorite.
Unpopular Opinion time ;)
1. Unova
2. Sinnoh
3. Hoenn
4. Johto
5. Kanto

I think most people love Kanto for nostalgic reasons, but I really thought the plot was just dull, save for Mew2.

Wyntilda

[span="font-family: 'times new roman'; letter-spac
Years
I've played Pokémon since Red and Blue and I gotta say that out of all the regions, I loved Sinnoh most. Don't get me wrong, I like all of the regions but there's something about Sinnoh that I especially love.

For one thing, I thought that the whole story about Dialga and Palkia was amazing and innovative. Also, I love the towns and landscapes etc. I feel the majority of 4th gen Pokémon were very nicely done as well.

What are your thoughts? Is Sinnoh your favorite region as well? What aspects do you like best about the region? If you don't like it, why?

Looking forward to your replies.
I have to agree with you exactly. Kanto was, well, interesting, Johto was good, Hoenn was nice and was very good in terms of level design, but Sinnoh was magical. Unova was... bleh. :P

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
No doubt. Platinum, which might be surprising, was my first ever Pokemon game I actually owned. I mean, I never played red or blue (wasn't even alive at the time), nor FireRed/LeafGreen, along w/ Silver and Gold. Sapphire my sister owned, which was when I first began pokemon. After that I had gotten Platinum but I had lost it so many times I think I'm on like my 4th Pokemon Platinum :P . Then I got SoulSilver and White (which of course at which point I lost both but never got around to getting new ones) and finally Black 2.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Sinnoh is in my top 3 for sure. it has some great gameplay. and looks amazing.
but i would have to say hoenn would be my favourite. just because its beautiful, and i couldn't call it anything less.
but i do most of my gameplay with soul silver because i have this bond with johto and kanto. as i have been playing pokemon since the beginning.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Sinnoh would be ranked 4th out of the current 5 regions for me. Only beating out the Kanto region. The Kanto region is a bit dull overall, I don't hate it....but it doesn't excite me.

There isn't anything in particular about the Sinnoh region I love or hate to be honest. For me Sinnoh just doesn't have the same magic that Johto and Hoenn had. Don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoyed Sinnoh...there hasn't been a region yet that I didn't enjoy.

1. Hoenn
2. Johto
3. Unova
4. Sinnoh
5. Kanto

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2017
I liked Sinnoh a lot. It has rich details and great cities. I played all the games with different regions but I think Kanto is still best. Well, considering that was my first ever region by playing Pokemon Red, I may just feel nostalgic about it.

Years
I think Sinnoh as a region isn't that bad, in fact it has quite a good arrangement of routes in my opinion. However I like Johto better, simply because of nostalgia and the good fun I had with that Pokemon Silver game. (And that tip of Route 28 and Mt. Silver, that was just brilliant)

The music, though... That's an entirely different story.

Ruben967

Lights they blind me
Years
I loved the story behind the region, and some towns are just so nice x) However, I prefer Hoenn, but Sinnoh is a close second.

Jip

Hipster Jipster
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 1, 2020
Sinnoh is definitely a nice region, but I much prefer Johto or Hoenn:)

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Well Sinnoh as a REGION is my favorite. All of the places stuck out to me, and there was calm relaxing music, as well as epic tense themes for the legendaries. As many people say the music is crazily immersive. But as a GENERATION it's not my favorite. The battles are too slow in D/P and I didn't care much for most of the new Pokemon, or the new trainer designs. But it is my 2nd favorite gen, behind Gen 2.

Years
Sinnoh was actually my least favourite. Place had no soul.

1: Kanto (completely rose-tinted, I'll admit)
2: Johto
3: Unova
4: Hoenn
5: Sinnoh

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
Sinnoh is my favorite region ^^
I personally find Emerald overrated, along with G/S/HG/SS which I enjoyed but not that much. LG/FR are enjoyable but Platinum is the best Pokémon main game I've every played.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I really liked Sinnoh.

It was a lovely and clean place, with a nice history behind it, with the region being home to what is essentially God, space and time. The cities are what they are - cities, and the place is crisp and clean.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA no. My favorite game is sapphire because Mudkip. And oh I guess the game is awesome too jk lol :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back