• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I was going to say if we look at the positives DICE might develop a Battlefront esque game, but having read up on it they're definitely developing something so now I'm excited.

I've seen my fair share of bad Star Wars games anyway so this can't go wrong personally.
A bad game isn't always the worst EA does; generally bad games (in the case of EA) are due to noose-around neck strict deadlines, poor playtesting, and poor Publisher-Developer relations/treatment, among other things (the EA in a Nutshell video portrays this pretty well).

However, the bigger, and I dare say scarier thing is that they could milk or DLC the hell out of their titles, as well as the above statement. Some people say that Activison is worse in that respect, but after having been a fan of the Sims for all these years...it hurts, it's a little hard to say that one is worse than the other, but I'm somewhat inclined to do so.

And then there's Origin *Shudder*

Of course, it's not always bad. Heck, in some cases the developers have things the way they intended for them to be, but seeing the fall of series like Ultima, The Sims, and arguably Sim City, I worry for Star Wars.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A user from My Nintendo News, named Simply G, would have to disagree with you. He seems to understand why EA is doing all of this, and he tries to defend the company from the people who are bashing them. He doesn't have a problem with ME3's ending nor the latest Sim City.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
A user from My Nintendo News, named Simply G, would have to disagree with you. He seems to understand why EA is doing all of this, and he tries to defend the company from the people who are bashing them. He doesn't have a problem with ME3's ending nor the latest Sim City.
That's all good and well, but I have no qualms with bashing them. Some people bash them because "they're EA, they're hated, and let's bash them," and that's not right, it's just the same as people hating on Call of Duty because it's popular. However, I've felt their oppressive boot on more than one occasion (having seen some of my favorite series drop in quality or just die altogether), and I've seen what they've done many, many times. They aren't doing what they do to sustain themselves, and the fact that they're aware that what they're doing is detrimental to the game industry as a whole as well as the developers they have a monopoly over is even scarier. But, the same deal with many media: people keep buying it, so there's no need to stop.

I understand good and well why EA does what they do, and the reason is strictly a business: they want to make money in the cheapest and fastest possible ways. It's not a bad thing from a business perspective...in fact, it's quite efficient. From a consumer perspective it's a flame on their wallets and drizzle on their fun.

And I've heard of a couple people being fine with the ME3 ending, and I'd believe it. I personally didn't like it because of the Deus ex Machina...literally and metaphorically. And Simcity I hear is good, it's Societies I'm referring to. Having said that, the "always online" aspect of Simcity is pretty uncalled for, especially considering that a large, almost complete portion of the game can be played Solo, much like the ones of the past. That's not to say it's bad, I couldn't judge, but it's rather interesting that they make that choice, especially when this entry was meant to invoke the style of the games up through 4.

...Though, having said all of that, I'm not actually talking to this "Simply G", so I can't really understand his reasons for liking...or rather, for defending them from his perspective.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
That's awesome. I'll make sure to buy that game day one. DKCR is one of my favorite games, and I'm glad to hear the port is a good one (I'll excuse the framerate being 30fps.) Can not wait to get a 100% on this game again. (And attempt at a 200% this time.)

By the way, to anyone playing it, original mode or new mode? I'm obviously going with original, but I'm glad to see there's an easy mode for people who aren't good at platformers. Makes more sense than newcomer mode in Fire Emblem, if you ask me.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Apparently this was the NPD's top 10 selling 3Ds games:

1. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
2. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2
5. Mario Kart 7
6. Fire Emblem: Awakening
7. Super Mario 3D Land
8. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
9. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
10. Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/2...-april/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So, um, any thoughts on this? Well, to be honest, I'm not surprised about Luigi's Dark Mansion; the LEGO game was sort of a surprise though!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
A Lego game charting isn't surprising at all. In fact, I'm surprised it's not first place.

The real head scratchers are Fire Emblem beating 3D Land and Soul Hackers charting at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Apparently this was the NPD's top 10 selling 3Ds games:

1. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
2. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins
3. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2
5. Mario Kart 7
6. Fire Emblem: Awakening
7. Super Mario 3D Land
8. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
9. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
10. Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/2...-april/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So, um, any thoughts on this? Well, to be honest, I'm not surprised about Luigi's Dark Mansion; the LEGO game was sort of a surprise though!

I'm surprised that Gates of Infinity and LEGO City Undercover are listed that high despite being criticized for being inferior compared to their predecessors, although the Mystery Dungeon series has always been criticized by professionals for not being like the mainstream games. I mean, Sticker Star got the place it deserved for its inferiority to the first two PM entries, despite being a Mario title that should've sold like hot cakes, yet Gates of Infinity being placed that high on the list despite its massive outcry from both critics and and fandom makes me worry about Pokemon's future.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Lego and Pokemon are Lego and Pokemon, they're gonna sell regardless of quality because of they're an enormously popular brand amongst kids.

Also, pretty sure Sticker Star outsold the original Paper Mario. With time I can see it coming close to TTYD too.

I also think it's a very solid game, held back by weird design choices. Though I never played a Paper Mario game outside of SPM, which I loathed, so it could be the FE Awakening of Paper Mario for all I know. Given my hate for standard JRPGs though, I can't see myself liking the other two games more than Sticker Star which I love for the puzzles and adventuring. It's essentially a Paper Zelda.
It was a well-received game as well outside of the fans.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Next Tuesday as in tomorrow or the E3 one? That Nintendo Direct is basically their E3 conference.

And I am excited. The first thing I want to see is my boy Little Mac in Smash 4, Nintendo.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Given my hate for standard JRPGs though, I can't see myself liking the other two games more than Sticker Star which I love for the puzzles and adventuring. It's essentially a Paper Zelda.
Standard JRPGs? I don't think there is such a thing. JRPG isn't really a genre, it's just a classification of where the game is from, just like how WRPGs refers to those that are Western. I suspect you're referring to Standard Turn-Based RPGs, which are generally Japanese. After all, the number of Japanese RPGs lately has been less on the Turn-based side, which has been great for variety.
Next Tuesday as in tomorrow or the E3 one? That Nintendo Direct is basically their E3 conference.

And I am excited. The first thing I want to see is my boy Little Mac in Smash 4, Nintendo.
Little Mac needs to be there, he definitely wouldn't be hard to implement. I'm also excited for Nintendo's presentation. Sure, they will be showcasing their new systems (well, games on Xbox's part), but Nintendo has a lot up their sleeves this year.

Oh, and next week.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah, my bad, should have clarified. I meant to say traditional (turn-based, and action these days I suppose) rather than standard, because I actually like strategy RPGs and such. Of course, not ALL RPG game, but it's a genre I just never got into. That includes WRPGs.

What's everyone looking forward to in E3?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I forgot there's a direct for Pokemon. In a media blackout for X/Y so won't watch it.

How's New Leaf? Gonna get it for free but my brother is so stoked for it. I don't know if I want it or not since it's been 4 or 5 years since I played AC haha.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
New Leaf is pretty addicting! Provided that I haven't played a AC in a long, long time, hehe. Anywho, did anyone see the Japanese Chats? They show the best selling video game hardware and software figures. here they are:

1. [PS3] Gundam Breaker
2. [PSV] Toukiden
3. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
4. [PSP] Toukiden
5. [PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemist of Dusk Sky
6. [3DS] Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode
7. [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life
8. [PS3] The Last of Us
9. [3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
10. [PS3] Date A Live: Rinne Utopia

1. Nintendo 3DS XL – 33,272 (28,281)
2. PlayStation Vita – 31,271 (13,422)
3. Nintendo 3DS – 17,440 (14,988)
4. PlayStation 3 – 12,554 (9,816)
5. Wii U – 7,060 (5,329)
6. PSP – 6,492 (5,091)
7. Wii – 1,338 (1,234)
8. Xbox 360 – 330 (282)

Well, I thought it'd be interesting to show how each software and hardware are doing in Japan. Looks like the Nintendo 3DS is doing well over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back