• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Name: Waspain
Type: Bug/Flying(male), Bug/Poison(female)
Description: A large Black Wasp (google it).

I tried to do something with this idea and well, this popped up.

picture.php

Years
Wow, great rendition of Waspain, tnguy! I've added it to the first post!

Anyway, I've an idea for an electric yeti crab. For those who don't know a yeti crab looks like this:
yeti_crab240.jpg

The idea is that the fur is electrically charged.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Since my spriting is not to great, here is an idea:

http://weirdseamonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/sea-cucumber.jpg

Ok, so basically, all of it's moves charge up in it's belly. Oh, and, it has no eyes, it has a sensor in it's stomach ;).

Name: Pupant
Type: Bug
Description: A glassy, greenish-white ant pupae (evolution of Grubino). - Chesu
And I made a little image for that thing. Feel free to edit.

2iax1r8.png

I forgot transparency, but I guess that doesn't matter.

EDIT: I also saw I forgot to soften the lines. But i suck at that, someone else can handle it I suppose.

Last edited:
Years
Yo Spherical Ice, heres the yeti crab. I gave it blue electricity instead of yellow, because you can't see yellow on yellow. I'll change it if you wan't me to....

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Looks cool.
But, Yeti crab?
Couldn't that maybe be Ice type?
Anyways, I have two ideas, not very fleshed out though.

Name: ???
Description: A kind of suit of armour, made of Ice, in a humanoid shape, carrying a sword.
The armor looks a tiny bit like the top plates on daikenki's armour.

Description: A horse with a suit of armour on it, the armor is grown as a defensive mechanism, to convince people that it has a trainer.
The armour is made of grey melanin.

What do you think?

Years
Yo Spherical Ice, heres the yeti crab. I gave it blue electricity instead of yellow, because you can't see yellow on yellow. I'll change it if you wan't me to....
It's great, though I meant that their is still fur, though it has electricity springing out of it. Could you upload it via tinypic or Photobucket? I'm not a fan of attatchments :/
Since my spriting is not to great, here is an idea:

http://weirdseamonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/sea-cucumber.jpg

Ok, so basically, all of it's moves charge up in it's belly. Oh, and, it has no eyes, it has a sensor in it's stomach ;).
Hm, mind expanding on the actual idea of the Pokémon. So far it's just a sea cucumber :/

Looks cool.
But, Yeti crab?
Couldn't that maybe be Ice type?
Anyways, I have two ideas, not very fleshed out though.

Description: A kind of suit of armour, made of Ice, in a humanoid shape, carrying a sword.

Description: A horse with a suit of armour on it, the armor is grown as a defensive mechanism, to convince people that it has a trainer.

What do you think?
An ice type Yeti crab is generic though. :/
Anyway, I've added those two concepts.

tnguye3

Years
Looks cool.

What do you think?

I think the first one was created to ride the second one. ^_^

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Kolibloom and Waspain look great! Are the new style Pokemon sprites all that big?

Now we just need Pupant and... Uh, Kolibud, I guess. Maybe I can find a little free time and contribute something myself. Or just be lazy and post ideas for the more talented people to work with.

Speaking of laziness, here's a list of plants and animals yet to be made into Pokemon I made back in 2006. Feel free to base ideas on them.

Spoiler:

...and a few ideas, chosen at random from my collection. They're coincidentally mostly Water-types.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I assume it's called yeti crab because of the extensive fur.
attachment.php

You could've added the fur like the picture, it was mostly the key point of the whole concept.

tnguye3

Years
Name: Kilnary
Type: Flying/Fire
Description: A small fiery bird.

Well, thought it'd be easy but hell I was soooo wrong...
picture.php

It's really...really REALLY hard for me to come up with a Fire Bird concept that doesn't already look like Moltres or Ho-oh. @_@

Well, that...thing is the result, lol. A small bird on fire. Literally. ^^"

EDIT: And yes, the legs are meant to be like that - it's the design, I just thought it would be...unique. If you don't like it, change it lol. xD

I'll do the evo later.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Ooh, neat. It's kind of big for a small bird though, isn't it? I was thinking, like, Pidgey/Natu/Spearow size. Well, whatever, I turned the concept over to whoever wanted it. :D

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
Uhhhhh... @_@
I feel like I just got...I dunno. B**** slapped. xD

Aaanyways yeah I tend to do bigger sprites cause I just can't do small ones. xD
Unless the Poke is a sphere with eyes and a mouth lol

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015

Ah. That helps. I'll get onto it later.

Name:
Wimpike
Type: Water
Description: A droopy, pathetic-looking pike. - Chesu

So I made a sprite for that. I must say, I like how it came out :).

14wdtg2.png

So, it may need some work on the fins. Feel free to tweak.

Also, more indepth on Wimpike, I think it should be the magikarp or feebas of this dex.. Like it's pathetic now, it evolves, big bang, look, now it PWNs everyone. I dunno, maybe it should evolve into a giant maniacal fish. I'll get onto that ;).

Last edited:
Years
OH , how about a grass/dragon typed 3 staged T.Rex that can have native american style headwear ( kind of like feathers but how about leaves instead) I already made a base.
attachment.php
I started to edit this sprite somewhat. Mostly to get the pose worked out to the standard facing-the-opponent angle. The headdress is very WIP (and should probably be erased if anyone wants to pick up where I left off).

5kn5zt.png

Years
Name: Bambear
Type: Fighting
Pokedex: Bambear is constantly training itself in the wild to become stronger, it is also a popular pokemon, because of its appearance.
Abilities: Guts

Additional Info:

It's part of a 3-stage, Fighting Type Panda line? (Bipedal)
Basically, the first is just a cute, small panda with a belt on, the second, becoming taller and perhaps having a bamboo staff? The final stage is a Panda dressed in Samurai Armor, with a bamboo staff.
If you guys want names: Bambear, Bambash, Slamurai.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Now for some Ye Olde concepts, some of which predate R/S/E. Truth be told, they're not great. You need to stop me, now. I have too many of these.

Spoiler:

Wahey, lookit all them unfinished sprites! I have MS Paint doodles of those last four. Circa 2001. You don't want to see them.Also, I intended for anyone who did something with one of my concepts to write the Pokedex entry. Should I supply them for Kolibloom, Waspain and Kilnary, or...?

edit: To counter the torrent of old animal-based ideas I've rained upon the project, here are some new inanimate object-based ideas! Which is to say, here are some more ideas, which must be annoying by now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
So, since both fossil pokes are part grass type, I though of something,
the fossil is not rock, but petrified wood.
Sound good?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
You mean that the Pokemon themselves become petrified wood? That's an interesting idea... I went with the "hummingbird as a fossil" idea because you always hear about large insects and small lizards getting caught in amber, but never birds. Bird FEATHERS, sure, but never whole birds. So, I decided that to make it work, it'd have to be the tiniest of birds! :D

Petrified wood is an intriguing concept, though... What's the other Grass-type fossil you're referring to? Also, I've suggested too many bugs already, but has there been a mosquito Pokemon yet?

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I meant the grass T-rex that has a head-dress for some reason...
But then I realised that was 3 stage.
So we can eith get rid of a stage, or make another fossil pokemon.
I like the idea of a giant grass/bug mosquito...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back