• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You tell me

Years
Sure, I love Serena and miss her. She is a very well developed character.

Moving this thread out of games and over to the anime section so more fans of the show will get to see it and weigh in :)

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I havent seen SM yet, but i think she should be brought back. So much character development, she kissing ash. But down side is there could be none of the career she chose to do in SM, so why bring her back when she wont be able to do the thing her journey is. Maybe to visit ash, but thats about it sadly.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Anyone else think serena should have been in the sun and moon show?

Well if they want to futher piss off their fans, myself included then they will not bring here in, or they will bring here in for only 1 episode, and piss of some the fans to the fullest.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Regarding the overall topic, quite frankly, no. Serena really would have zero point to be in Alola at all, whether as a full on cast member or, heck, even having a minor appearance like Misty, May, and Dawn did in Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, respectively, as Alola doesn't even HAVE Pokémon Contests at all, so she's pretty much not able to pursue it if she goes there. Has everyone forgotten about the whole issue with Dawn's cameo in Unova where she was severely underutilized, especially when she was in a region where contests didn't even exist? Serena would be in the same area (and quite frankly, Serena merely being a "waifu" for Ash and a satellite character is yet ANOTHER reason why it's a bad idea to have her come back, as she really had very minimal development and came across as ONLY being there because of Ash.).

If the OP means that Serena should've been in SuMo as a full-time cast member, then I disagree. She has zero connection to the Gen 7 games, so she would've been irrelevant. Her perceived waifu status wouldn't have saved her from becoming pointless in the long run.

Not to mention, as I noted above, she literally wouldn't have anything to do even as a very minor character since Alola doesn't even HAVE Pokémon Contests for her to compete in. We already had similar problems with Dawn's appearance in Unova despite it not having contests or, really, anything for her to actually do (not to mention the implication that she hadn't even finished her trek in Hoenn yet by the time she arrived in Unova, something not even Ash did with his various journeys.). I'm more willing to buy Misty becoming a full-time cast member than Serena even returning at all, let alone as a full-time cast member, since at least Misty can actually make strides in advancing her Water Pokémon Master goal in Alola.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Serena is unlikely to come back. I mean Plumeria and Guzma haven't even made an appearance and they have more relevance due to being Alolan region characters. I won't beat a dead horse by repeating what others have stated so I'll simply say that there isn't enough spotlight for Serena to make a return despite her popularity. Keep in mind I'd likely lose my mind as an Amourshipper if she came back but there's really no basis or justification for it. I mean unless Wallace appears out of thin freaking air(like Pikachium-Z), and holds the Wallace Cup in Alola, there is zero chance of Serena or anyone from past series making a reappearance(yes I'm including Brock and Misty here).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Serena is unlikely to come back. I mean Plumeria and Guzma haven't even made an appearance and they have more relevance due to being Alolan region characters. I won't beat a dead horse by repeating what others have stated so I'll simply say that there isn't enough spotlight for Serena to make a return despite her popularity. Keep in mind I'd likely lose my mind as an Amourshipper if she came back but there's really no basis or justification for it. I mean unless Wallace appears out of thin freaking air(like Pikachium-Z), and holds the Wallace Cup in Alola, there is zero chance of Serena or anyone from past series making a reappearance(yes I'm including Brock and Misty here).

Actually, Misty and Brock ARE going to be making a reappearance, that much was already confirmed with the teaser poster for this season (as if Ash making them promise to head to Alola sometime in the end of "When Regions Collide" wasn't enough of a hint).

But other than that, I agree, at least regarding May, Dawn, and/or Serena (I'd mention Iris, but even she has more actual reason to be in Alola due to the various Dragon-types, while those three would be out of a job due to Alola lacking Pokémon Contests of ANY sort. We definitely don't want a rehash of the mistake they made with Dawn in Unova). However, bear in mind that I am NOT going to consider percentage chances of likelihood largely because if we were to go by that, the Alola-Kanto reunion arc would NEVER have happened (and let's face it, NONE of us expected them to actually bring Misty and Brock back for that arc, especially not after M20 pretty much cheated them out of a role in it). Heck, Charizard wouldn't have returned at all, much less become an Oaked Pokémon, and even some characters like Jessiebelle or Brock's Mom wouldn't have made encore appearances.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'll believe it when I see it with Brock and Misty. They could be on the poster merely for LGPE promotion. I know I'm being cynical but I have every reason to be based on how SuMo has gone so far. They haven't even given Team Skull their fair shake with Plumeria and Guzma. The fact Brock and Misty, who have no connection to Alola whatsoever, have more Episodes than those two characters is an utter disgrace.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
So even though they already showed up for two episodes in SuMo - which in itself proves that SuMo is capable of handling character comebacks - in your mind a repetition of that isn't going to happen even though LGPE makes their second comeback much more plausible? What?

The poster they were shown on is literally a hyping tool for upcoming episodes since it spoils the new haircut Eevee, Hau's debut, and TR's Stufful too, so Brock and Misty being there isn't random.

Yeah, and besides, considering the episode that practically foreshadowed their return for Alola, "When Regions Collide", aired well before LGPE was even announced (heck, teased, even), let alone it being revealed to be a remake of Pokémon Yellow, I'm doubtful their reappearance was for promotion measures. Not for that game, anyway.

Not to mention, think for a second, even assuming it was true that they're coming back solely to promote LGPE, don't you think they'd, I don't know, depict them wearing the same outfits they wore in that game rather than their OS outfits by default?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Didn't Brock and Misty make an appearance because it was the 20th anniversary of the anime?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Didn't Brock and Misty make an appearance because it was the 20th anniversary of the anime?

Technically, the 20th anniversary had come and gone by that point (since April Fools Day already passed, and besides which, the 20th anniversary didn't have them appearing in Movie 20).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Nah, Serena shouldn't be in the Sun/Moon anime... I still can't see it happening in the foreseeable future. Brock and Misty are a completely different story, but I don't feel like adding onto that discussion atm.

Back