• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen what's the best HM slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
I'm looking for a good HM slave I can get most pokemon but I really only want 1 is there any that can learn surf fly n strength?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I think Skarmory gets both cut and fly. Gyarados have strength, surf and waterfall. Out of easily capturable Pokemon, I don't know off top of my head if anyone has all 3. Good thing about BW2 though is once you unlocked a path with strength, you really don't need it ever again. If anything, it's cut that annoys me (which Skarmory gets, with rock smash too in case it comes in.)

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
I liked using Basculin to get through Victory Road, since he can learn Cut, Surf, and Waterfall.

But I think Dragonite and Lugia are the only ones who can learn Surf, Fly, and Strength all at once.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
This is what I use every game without fail. They are HM Masters, not slaves.

Psyduck
Surf
Waterfall
Dive
Rock Smash

Tropius
Fly
Strength
Flash
Cut

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Um, once I got an Emplolion with strength, surf, waterfall, and cut.

Lucarioark

Proud Pastafarian
Years
Swana/Ducklett are pretty good as you can catch ducklett fairly early on in the game and he can learn fly surf and waterfall.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Tropius for land HMs. Learns Cut, Flash, Strength, Rock Smash, Fly, and Sweet Scent since that's a field move and I felt like mentioning it.

Wailord for water HMs. Learns Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Strength, and Rock Smash I believe.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Tropius is a no brainer, Fly, Cut, Flash, Strength, Sweet Scent.
And then I usually go for Wailmer or Basculin for the water HMs.
I don't know if this would be considered off topic, or a noob question, but is flash available as an hm in bw2?
I have it as a TM and I'm afraid to use it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't know if this would be considered off topic, or a noob question, but is flash available as an hm in bw2?
I have it as a TM and I'm afraid to use it.

Flash is a TM in Gen V but TMs in Gen V can be used over and over again like HMs.

To get on topic Skarmory, Bidoof, Tropius, Golduck are good HM slaves.

Years
I actually use two HM slaves in White 2, Tangrowth and Jellicent, which are nicknamed "HM Slave 1" and "HM Slave 2" respectively. Tangrowth has Strength, Cut, and Flash; Jellicent has Surf, Dive, and Waterfall. This pair can learn every HM (besides Fly) and Flash, so I think they make a pretty good duo.

The best HM slave of all time, on the other hand, is definitely Bibarel. He can learn every HM in Generation IV and Generation V, besides Fly.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Well for me, I chose my Caught Mandibuzz for the FLY and CUT slave, Rock Smash as well for a certain scenario (I never use such Pokemon) . The rest goes for Golduck, learning Surf, Dive, Waterfall, and Flash.
Unfortunately I had to incorporate STRENGTH with my Arcanine, he had some use of it though :\

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ok, so no, this does not warrant a thread for a few reasons:

1. It would really be a Quick Question. Guys, I can't say it ENOUGH, use the Quick Questions thread.

2. This is an extremely general question. Are you asking for advice in Black 2 or White 2? Platinum? Silver? Blue? Which game? In which case, it WOULD normally go into the Pokemon Gaming Central section, but that section has had MORE than enough of these threads, so it would have been closed very quickly.

3. This question has been answered once. It does NOT need ten more replies saying the exact same thing over and over again.

Closed due to reasons above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back